[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lil Ugly Mane

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: bd01fe7032274ec8b0de88f6a2ea1a32.jpg (129KB, 770x1100px) Image search: [Google]
bd01fe7032274ec8b0de88f6a2ea1a32.jpg
129KB, 770x1100px
thoughts?
>>
>>72102284
OFF the top. he cool
>>
a little meme-ish sometimes but solid overall
>>
>>72102290
>>72102300
where do i start?
>>
>>72102305
my dubs gives me immunity
>>
>>72102305
what do u mean?
>>
>>72102305

Mista Thug Isolation obviously. The production is absolutely incredibly and LUM actually has bars. The down pitched vocals also add to the atmosphere. I always thought he was a memester but it's obvious that he deeply cares about the genre. Not at all comparable to hacks like Bones or $uicideboy$.
>>
>>72102362
I love MTI but its lyrical content is a bit meme-ish frankly. It sounds almost satirical of Southern rap.
>>
I remember the 'rap music' I made in high school as well
>>
>>72102544

It's pretty standard Memphis Rap affair with some Horrorcore thrown in. Both genres portray larger than life drug kingpin personas with no regard for human life. LMU deconstructed those genres and knows their quirks so he knows when to throw in humor to keep the whole thing from becoming an unbearable mess of edgyness. MTI is pretty much an homage to the whole Memphis Rap scene.
>>
>>72102663
don't memes often deconstruct culture and ideas any way and create humor from that? satirical is probably too strong a word but i think the lyricism is too self-aware and meta to be pure homage
>>
>>72102756

Of course it's satirical in some way, it's a Memphis Rap album made in 2012 by a white guy in Virginia. He can't do a serious Memphis album with a straight face, that would be insincere. He's as much of a drug kingpin who will slit your throat for looking at you funny as Three 6 Mafia are occultist devil worshipers. You have so suspend your disbelief a bit when you deal with Horrocore.
>>
>>72102663
>>72102756
i understand why you guys think lum is memey but in my opinion its a part of the persona, hip hop kind of humor you can say its a little ironic and not like the """"conscious rappers"""" but whats real hip hop anyway, his lyrics arent that different from classics like three 6 mafia or biggie. the production is amazing too
>>
>>72102756
>don't memes often deconstruct culture and ideas any way and create humor from that?
nope
>>
>>72102284
cringey rich wigger
>>
>>72103085
like the autistic screeching meme...it deconstructs antisocial behavior and makes it funny...

or the arthur meme, it deconstructs childhood innocence and its relation to our maturity and makes it funny...
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.