[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why did the singer have a fake british accent on this album?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5

File: Ramones_-_Ramones_cover.jpg (29KB, 240x240px) Image search: [Google]
Ramones_-_Ramones_cover.jpg
29KB, 240x240px
Why did the singer have a fake british accent on this album?
>>
File: angry-pepe.jpg (7KB, 236x236px) Image search: [Google]
angry-pepe.jpg
7KB, 236x236px
TAKE A BREAK FROM YOUR FUCKING WAIFU THREADS AND ANSWER ME MOO
>>
File: the rolling stones.jpg (64KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
the rolling stones.jpg
64KB, 720x480px
I'd just like to say this thread sucks.
>>
Why did he have a fake Italian accent in Pet Sematary?
>>
>>72096868
check out cdn punk bands for cringy accents
>>
are noo yawk accents the best accents?
>>
>>72096868
Why did he write a track about being a communist double agent? Why did he not just let that needle do its job sooner? Why did your mom let them run a train on her backstage at a show in Bloomington? There are no answers.
>>
>>72096868
it's not fake British, Joey Ramone is legit retarded, he just has a retarded guy voice. that's why The Ramones were so good
>>
>>72096868
Doesn't sound British to me. It's a very strange accent though. Also, it didn't really go away after this album, he just got better at singing so it wasn't as grating as on this one.
>>
>>72097809
he definitely has faux-british accent on Beat on the Brat, but it's kinda jokey I wouldn't consider it phony or fake

Joey is one of my favorite all time singers, he did get better after this album but he also ended up getting worse when his voice deepened again and he started singing like a bullfrog

still some great bullfrog era Joey though, like the verses in Mama's Boy

I think his voice peaked on End of the Century

https://youtu.be/5Aerah72IEI?list=PLBC73BC49EEB76D09
>>
>>72097771
Rude!
>>
>>72096868
i feel like a pleb for not liking a band that has so many good albums but i cannot fucking get past his vocals. they annoy the hell out of me

it might simply be because of the million stupid uses of blitzkrieg bop in advertisements and films
>>
>>72097928
I felt that way at first too but they grew on me. Still hate blitzkrieg bop though.
>>
>>72097868
Yeah, I'm sure Phil Spector pushed Joey to give the best vocal performances possible. It really went against their typical sound but I'm pretty glad that album exists and we got to hear them produced in such a way. End of the Century is sadly misunderstood I think.

As for his "bullfrog" voice, I agree those songs can be pretty jarring at first. But I think that was definitely something he worked at. For example even on later albums like Animal Boy his vocals on "Somebody Put Something In My Drink" and She Belongs to Me" sound almost like 2 different vocalists.
>>
>>72097928
I always hated Blitzkrieg Bop when I was younger. Once I got the early Ramones albums and started looking more into the band I was able to view them in a new light though. Stuff lie 53rd and 3rd and Today Your Love, Tomorrow the World really helped me to like them more
>>
Can we all admit that Dee Dee's vocals were terrible?
>>
>>72098004
Yes, but it helps give those songs a genuine Hardcore Punk vibe which I like. But objectively speaking he is a shit vocalist.

Wart Hog is the shit though https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MmZSeHLu8ew
>>
>>72098033
Ok, I really like that one but I just listened to animal boy and halfway to sanity today and he was awful. Or at least the songs he sang on were.
>>
>>72098033
Fucking love Joey still owning the stage that whole song. Grasping the mic like he's about to join in at any second. Fucking legends.
>>
>>72098072
Yeah. I can't really recall his songs on Halfway to Sanity but I know on Animal Boy he sang with this weird almost goofy sounding accent that was pretty annoying.
>>
>>72098138
kek he sounds like a fucking cartoon character
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PoLLs--9xoI
>>
>>72096868
Why does every song on this album sound the same?
>>
>>72099209
because you're tone deaf
>>
>>72099240
nigga they all sound very similar. stop being a dick.
>>
File: epic_chicken.png (12KB, 187x199px) Image search: [Google]
epic_chicken.png
12KB, 187x199px
>mfw my mum thought The Ramones were argentinian
WE WUZ PUNK AND SHIET
>>
>>72097622
examples?
>>
>>72099209
>>72099246
>why isn't every band as stylistically diverse as radiohead?
>>
>>72099925
Don't reply to me ever again bitch
>>
File: Image.jpg (48KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Image.jpg
48KB, 640x480px
>>72097439
Hey, up your's anon!
>>
>>72096868
That's not a "Fake British Accent"
That's how people talk in the Forest Hills section of Queens New York.

>>72097439
>>72100216
Smithers have The Rolling Stones killed!
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.