[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

is it worth getting an MPC?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: 3451v0l.jpg (88KB, 1020x747px) Image search: [Google]
3451v0l.jpg
88KB, 1020x747px
is it worth getting an MPC?
>>
>>72093629
If you enjoy the process of using one, I guess. For me, trying to slice beats on old hardware is a pain in the ass and it kills all motivation that I had to do anything.
>>
>>72093629
What do you want it for?
>>
>>72093792
but its more intuitive and free desu. just imagine if you had to lay out the sub 16th notes just right. just use your hands
>>
>>72093814
mainly to sample and make beats

like what its intended for
>>
Just ordered a 404 , I'd say get that
>>
>>72093965
Then it's worth it. The real secret is to buy a computer with a SCSI interface so you can chop the samples on that with a special program whose name I can't remember and then export them to the mpc to be sequenced. Those old 16bit dacs have such a sweet tone, as does the reverb unit, assuming you're getting a 2000 or 2kXL. Make sure you invest in a SCSI to compact flash adapter, and learn to put up with slow transfer rates.

It's all worth it.
>>
>>72093854
■■■■ ■■□■ ■■■■ ■■□■
■■□■ ■□■■ ■□■□ ■■■■
>>
>>72093629

my brother has a 1000 that i've used a lot, it's very fun imo

feels a lot more organic than doing the same thing on FL studio / cubase / protools / etc
>>
>>72094148
did you have a pad controller for the computer? could that be part of that organic-ness?
>>
>>72093629
No, this isn't the 90s anymore.
>>
All we need is a Drum Machine that can function with a DAW like it does as a stand-alone. I could make beats endlessly and touch them up later so much easier.
>>
>>72093629
save your money for the mpc live
>>
>>72094212
Naw the most important thing about old mpcs is the sound you want those shitty old 16bit DACs>>72094212
>>
File: DSCN.153.jpg (996KB, 2298x2566px) Image search: [Google]
DSCN.153.jpg
996KB, 2298x2566px
Yes.
>>
>>72094240
>Floppy drive
How many external zip drives have you had fail on you so far lol?
I hit 3 before I traded up for a 2kXL and went compact flash
>>
Like... have fun spending several hundred dollars on something you can do way easier for free on a computer. stay deluded into thinking legendary hardware = good beats in 2017.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.