[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm still in love with this album.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 6

File: Avalanches.jpg (547KB, 562x488px) Image search: [Google]
Avalanches.jpg
547KB, 562x488px
It's fucking amazing, gives me a nostalgic feeling.
>>
>extremely good flow of tracks
>dense, layered, but not messy
>memorable vocals and strong chord progressions maintain pop appeal
>polyrhythms, sound collage sections, and strange instrument choices maintain an experimental and unique side
>eclectic
>completely unique
>fun to listen to despite being one of the most painstakingly produced/high-effort electronic albums ever
How can other music compete?
>>
File: 1488499791183.jpg (1MB, 2880x1800px) Image search: [Google]
1488499791183.jpg
1MB, 2880x1800px
This is one of my all time favorites. Does anyone have anything that has a similar feeling? I don't mean Entroducing or Donuts, I mean the happy, dancy, nostalgic feeling.
>>
>>72079287

I've give this thing at least 20-30 listens and it doesn't ever disappoint. This is by far the perfect album. Every time I hear it I recall different points in my life that I never really gave much thought on until that moment. No other album has ever efficiently done this for me on every single track.
>>
File: 1491566266385.png (232KB, 379x377px) Image search: [Google]
1491566266385.png
232KB, 379x377px
>>72079327
>unique
>a pastiche of samples
Almost got me there, senpai
>>
>>72079287
I'm always surprised by how no one else but The Avalanches have really jumped onto plunderphonics and tried to do something.
>>
>>72079639
your parents dont love you desu
>>
>>72079287
It's a good 8-9 but it's not perfect. There has yet to be a 10/10 plunderphonic album. Only thing good is its flow though even that gets repetitive. They should've tried for more obscure samples instead of disco everywhere.
>>
Using this thread as an opportunity to share the best version of this album, the "Zomba Promo".
It has one extra track, With My Baby, and all original samples instead of the remade ones used on new versions of the album.

The Avalanches - Since I Left You (Zomba Promo) in FLAC
https://mega.nz/#F!eF4UDZ4C!amZsslLJTS8QoFbBQG7Dtw
>>
File: Daft_Punk_-_Discovery.jpg (34KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
Daft_Punk_-_Discovery.jpg
34KB, 300x300px
>>72079534
Daft Punk's Discovery
>>
>>72079287
eh, album is like an 8 for me. One of the main problems is it gets repetitive and boring as fuck after electricity
>>
>>72079651

I would imagine the legal issues around clearing hundreds or thousands of samples keeps people away from it. Probably the same reason Wildflower was more about guest features than a flurry of samples like SILY was.
>>
File: lemonjelly-losthorizons_sml.jpg (145KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
lemonjelly-losthorizons_sml.jpg
145KB, 500x500px
>>72079534
Yeah this. It's also sample based but not comprised of them.
>>
>>72079287
First time listening to this group. Thanks you for this post. Have a good day.
>>
>>72079863
I seriously never understand the whole part of clearing samples. A late night show can show a 1 minute video clip of something and it's fair use but if you use 8 seconds of a song then you need to clear it. Where's the fair use?
>>
>>72079816
That's the album's peak though.
>>
I really want them to release this
>>
>>72080490
Yeah these shows have whole legal departments as well who probably make contracts with the record labels. Those shows get national exposure so it's really beneficial for the record labels to have their music on them. Different story for individual artists for which nobody knows how successful their album will be.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.