[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are some examples of overproduced music?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 5

File: image.jpg (845KB, 1287x1914px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
845KB, 1287x1914px
What are some examples of overproduced music?
>>
File: images (21).jpg (5KB, 225x224px) Image search: [Google]
images (21).jpg
5KB, 225x224px
>>
anything jim steinman
he's simultaneously the absolute GOAT and hilariously bad
>>
>>72079210
anything using electronics is overproduced
mechanical music or bust
>>
>>72079210
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9ABuasa1Cc
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LYFXbGQcfoE
>>
All deathcore
>>
>>72079236
lmao nah
>>
>>72079523
did you hear them live? hear them live
>>
I listened to that Phil Specter Christmas album the other day, and I liked the first song. But then the rest of the album just had the same over the top sound, and I completely lost interest. Dunno if that's overproduction per se but whatever.
>>
99% of Panda Bear's solo work
>>
>>72080954
Just stop man it's all for a reason with him or any of them
>>
>>72079291
stupid opinion
>>
>>72079236
> starting a thread with a tasteless opinion

Well ok
>>
File: 1401317603401.png (598KB, 750x1220px) Image search: [Google]
1401317603401.png
598KB, 750x1220px
Pic related. Some of his produced albums will make you nauseous.
>>
>>72079542
>hear them live
i dont think thats possible
>>
>>72079468
it would only sound worse if it has worse production
>>
>>72079291
>>72079236
>>72080954

Terrible opinions itt
>>
>>72079210
MBDTF
>>
Be Here Now
>>
Run The Jewels
>>
>>72080954
No, but true for Tomboy and PBVSGR.

Sonic Boom wtf are you doing.
>>
>>72082533

As much as I dislike RTJ for their leftist lyrics, the dystopian EL-P beats are always on point.
>>
Obscure but Never Mind The Stragglers by Mindless Dodger. So grossly cheesy.
>>
I love Dan Deacon but literally the albums bromst and America are so layered you can't even hear half of it.
>>
File: Ween-WhitePepper.jpg (7KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
Ween-WhitePepper.jpg
7KB, 300x300px
it feels almost sterile compared to other ween releases
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UXjT8qWZ-aQ
>>
>>72082540
Sonic Boom polished a turd, previous live versions of some of those songs are bland af. And PBMTGR sounds more like a collaboration between the two, as a Spectrum fan, I dig it

Centipede HZ is the correct answer, the production completely ruined what could 've been their most intenses album. To make matters worse anco deciced to "dial it down" and followed it with the most insipid and "meh" album possible
Such a shame
>>
>>72083829
>CHz is overproduced
It's mad muddled what are you talking about? If you mean the whole super busy plunderphonics sampling thing, then I get what you mean, but that was more of musical choice

Also PBvsGR is pretty good imo some of the tracks are just too drawn out, like lonely wanderer. The whole thing is just a debussy sample looped over and over again. Crosswords EP is what PBvsGR could've been at it's full potential.

Also I'm listening to PW for the first time in about a year and it's better than I remember
>>
File: LetItBe_0.jpg (150KB, 1220x1220px) Image search: [Google]
LetItBe_0.jpg
150KB, 1220x1220px
I'm pretty sure this is the classic example.

It's especially heinous because the entire point of the project was to be as raw and unfiltered as their early material.
>>
>>72084163
>the whole super busy plunderphonics sampling thing, then I get what you mean, but that was more of musical choice

Strawberry Jam is just as busy (and noisier) but its well mixed and a masterpiece
>>
>>72084307
I agree with you there, although SJ also has better songwriting than CHz, not that Centipede is poorly written, I actually like it a lot.
>>
Anything that uses more than 2 layers per drum.
>>
>>72079563
Absolute best version of frosty the snowman I've ever heard
>>
>>72079210
Just listen to anything from the top 40.
>>
>>72080954
you mean everything post-Person Pitch
fuck Sonic Boom for cocking up Tomboy, the single mixes of it are great and would've made a worthy follow-up to Person Pitch
>>
Muse
>>
>>72082070
nah, i think a dirtier sound would do the genre good, just look at slam. you're just playing simple chugs why you need all that quantization
it's so weird that that's actually hard to find, even small deathcore bands seemingly use the same production job as anything on victory records
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.