[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Musicals

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5

File: 61iF4fwUthL.jpg (89KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
61iF4fwUthL.jpg
89KB, 500x500px
Maybe I don't spend enough time on here (thanks shitty 8-8 job) but I never see discussion of musicals. What's yalls' current favorites? Mine right now is Hamilton. Kind of pleb, but it's actually surprisingly a really well done execution of a kind of silly idea. Hope to see it live when it does a US tour. I've already watched a bootleg.
>>
>>72078473
shits gay
>>
>>72078584
>shits gay
No fucking shit famiroono. It's a fucking musical.
>>
>>72078473
I recently acted in a small production of Godspell. It wasn't very good.
>>
please god no
>>
File: hanibal on sports.png (284KB, 499x559px) Image search: [Google]
hanibal on sports.png
284KB, 499x559px
I really like dear evan hansen's music but the actual play is bat shit insane.

>tfw you can hit all the notes until the key change
>>
I fucking love musicals.
Hamilton is actually a pretty good one. Not as good as the press it's been getting, but still pretty good. Not as bad as what the haters say.

Rent is probably one of my favorites, but more so because it's the first that got me into musicals.

Book of Mormon is great listening for anybody regardless of how they feel about musicals.
>>
Wait For It is the best song from Hamilton and if you disagree you're lying to yourself.
On an unrelated note, Daveed Diggs is an excellent rapper and I'm not sure how he's been replaced with the Chicago cast.
>>
that hamilton rap was god tier
>>
I like musicals and have no problem listening to show tunes but the musicals I'm interested in seeing are the more left-field edgy ones like book of Mormon, Something Rotten, Dear Evan Hansen, Urinetown, Avenue Q, etc.
>>
>>72078802
Which one? I'm assuming you're referring to Guns And Ships, the one with Daveed Diggs that set the most words per second record for Broadway.
>>
File: MCRide2.jpg (55KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
MCRide2.jpg
55KB, 500x281px
SCIENCE FICTION DOUBLE FEATURE
DOCTOR X WILL BUILD A CREATURE
>>
>>72078473
Why would you watch a musical if your city is big enough to have an opera?
>>
>>72078473
Hamilton is probably the worst thing I've ever listened to and it seems like the people who like it are pretentious rich kids that don't actually know anything about art or culture.
>>
anyone here like Fiddler on the Roof
>inb4 jews
>>
>>72080567
its nice.
>>
IN THE EYE OF A HURRICANE
THERE IS QUIET
FOR JUST A MOMENT
A YELLOW SKY

WHEN I WAS SEVENTEEN A HURRICANE
DESTROYED MY TOWN
I DIDN'T DROWN
I COULDN'T SEEM TO DIE

I WROTE MY WAY OUT
WROTE EVEYRTHNG DOWN FAR AS I COULD SEE
I WROTE MY WAY OUT
I LOOKED UP AND THE TOWN HAD ITS EYES ON ME

THEY PASSED PLATE AROUND
TOTAL STRANGERS
MOVED TO KINDNESS
BY MY STORY

RAISED ENOUGH FOR ME TO BOOK A PASSAGE ON A SHIP THAT WAS NEW YORK BOUND

I WROTE MY WAY OUT OF HELL
I WROTE MY WAY TO REVOLUTION
I WAS LOUDER THAN THE CRACK IN THE BELL
I WROTE ELIZA LOVE LETTERS UNTIL SHE FELL
I WROTE ABOUT THE CONSTITUTION AND DEFENDED IT WELL
AND IN THE FACE OF IGNORANCE AND RESISTANCE
I WROTE THE FINANCIAL SYSTEMS INTO EXISTENCE
AND WHEN MY PRAYERS TO GOD WERE MET WITH INDIFFERENCE
I PICKED A PEN I WROTE MY OWN DELIVERANCE

IN THE EYE OF A HURRICANE
THERE IS QUIET
FOR JUST A MOMENT
A YELLOW SKY

I WAS TWELVE WHEN MY MOTHER DIED
SHE WAS HOLDING ME
WE WERE SICK AND SHE WAS HOLDING ME
I COULDN'T SEEM TO DIE
>>
>>72080872
Underappreciated song desu
>>
Brightstar was good.
>>
>>72078473
>What's yalls' current favorites?
Parade and Company.
I love Hamilton, but I was really into it early last year.
I want to make musical influenced music, but I don't know if that's possible.
>>
>>72078723
>Rent
>>
File: 123123.jpg (154KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
123123.jpg
154KB, 480x360px
>>72078672
>>
I remember as a kid I really like Jesus Christ Superstar.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.