[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the best way to clean an LP?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: SpincleanPackage.jpg (74KB, 895x600px) Image search: [Google]
SpincleanPackage.jpg
74KB, 895x600px
What's the best way to clean an LP?
>>
With your tongue
>>
cum on it, wait a few minutes
the stickiness will get all the dust out and you can eat it afterwards so no mess
>>
>>72075572

Before or after I cover it with toothpaste & wood glue?
>>
>>72075540
Not the Spin Clean, which is just a glorified record brush.

You need to vacuum clean records. There's some DIY options out there but I recommend this: http://www.squeakycleanvinyl.com/

It'll work a million times better than the Spin Clean and it won't set you far back as much as a VPI
>>
File: Cowboy.jpg (150KB, 600x592px) Image search: [Google]
Cowboy.jpg
150KB, 600x592px
>>72075624
>http://www.squeakycleanvinyl.com/

Finally someone with some good advise. Thank you. I heard good things about the Spinclean. Is it it really that bad? I wouldn't even ask, but I've got around 12 crates of water damaged records someone I know is just going to throw away, so I want to do this right.
>>
I'm poor so I use a three-step process of a quality brush to gather up and remove the most egregious dust, then a vintage Discwasher (not to be confused with the crappy modern RCA ones) to do a wet clean pass, and then a microfiber cloth to dry get anything off that's left. Works fine, has definitely improved anything I've felt the need to clean. Have to be careful though.
>>72075711
I've heard that the Spin Clean, while functional, has issues with being cheaply made and that the parts don't fit together well, and that this brand version works much better:
https://www.amazon.com/Vinyl-Styl-Groove-Record-Washer/dp/B01M0LRLM5/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1491789479&sr=8-3&keywords=vinyl+styl
The vaccum option seems good, but it probably only helps with dust and static. Water damage will probably need some kind of wet clean
>>
I have a spin n clean similar to op pic, but that's only used on older and 2nd hand records. Usually the carbon brush is enough.
>>
>>72075711
The spin clean is fine for cleaning off surface dirt. It's not going to get the gunk that's deep in the grooves which is what you want to get out.

>>72075767
Vacuum clean = wet clean. You put solution on the record and the vacuum sucks it up.
>>
I saw somewhere something about using a banana and its peel
>>
>>72075614
during
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.