[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

do you listen to japonese music /mu/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5

File: 1489952008406.gif (1MB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
1489952008406.gif
1MB, 500x333px
do you listen to japonese music /mu/
>>
I've been listening to a ton of Japgaze recently
>>
Japanoise is GOAT noise
>>
>>72073777
Yes, I listen to a lot of chinese music:

Japanese Skrillex
Japanese Daft Punk
Le jazzcore screaming girl band xD
That post-hardcore band with the whiny locals
Prententious Aphex Twin
That band with the meme frog album and the le build ups
The communist crossdressers
le jazzy hip hop xd
The band that masturbated in concerts
le youtube recommendations self-tought piano man
that math rock band with the girls and the five drummers
that post-rock band that collaborated with pretentious aphex twin
and the best saxophonist in the world
the best math rock band that released a meh album 2 years ago
>>
>>72073777
I don't know. When most people post japanese music they post normal rock music that just happens to be made by japanese artists. I like the sound of the koto though.
>>
>>72073890
forgot to add the le progressive dreamfunk band with the dead dude
>>
I like Ryuichi Sakamoto and Sugar Babe
>>
>>72073777
I like akira yamaoka and envy

other than that no not really
>>
File: asobiseksu.jpg (73KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
asobiseksu.jpg
73KB, 480x480px
just leaving this here
>>
noise is literally the only genre Japan excels in. Everything else is just le quirky Japanese man/woman doing American shit
>>
>>72074001
i'm sure there's a lot of great japanese traditional music out there
>>
>>72074001
They do also have a significant investment in classical music, and did kind of help invent hip-hop music and whatever you call that electronic poop music the radio won't let go.
>>
Yeah, but not much. Mainly Gesu no Kiwami Otome, Midori, and Number Girl.
>>
>>72073777
70s/80s jpop is pretty comfy.

Love Trip is pretty good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ovcnIPL-CWs&t=320s

>inb4 conforming to youtube's shitty algorithms
>>
>>72073777
Idols and anime openings yes.
>>
>>72073777
I'm trying to get into
Keiji Haino
I'm finding that he's a novelty act, right?

I would like to investigate classical Japanese music
>>
does anyone know some good places to download japanese classical music?

I'm looking for the works of Akira Ifukube that AREN'T related to Godzilla.
>>
j-pop is the only pop i unironically respect
>>
>>72074371
why?
>>
>>72073777
Classic Japanese folk rock and jazz are GOAT
>>
>>72073890
you should check out le japanese krautrock band
>>
>>72075198
example?
>>
Do you think the Japanese love Battles?
It's all autistic and shit
>>
>>72073777
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E0T_ewlBVTU
>>
>>72073777
AND EVERYONE SAYS i'M FUCKED
>>
For Long Tomorrow is one of my all time favorite albums
>>
>>72074314
Apparently stuff like this is called City Pop.

>City Pop is a breezy, mellow mixture of Smooth Jazz and AOR, often with additional elements of Jazz Fusion, Jazz-Funk or Boogie. Commonly cited as a facet of the prosperous "bubble economy"-era in Japan, City Pop is essentially a "mood" or "lifestyle" genre which appealed to an older and more affluent Japanese audience during the 1980s. Thematically, City Pop reflects a life of luxury in a sophisticated urban environment (see 角松敏生 [Toshiki Kadomatsu]'s Weekend Fly to the Sun album and its song titles: "Office Lady", "Rush Hour", "Brunch", etc.). Albums in this genre were typically produced by pairing a vocalist with a group of talented session musicians in a high-tech studio setting with heavy record label involvement. Prominent City Pop artists include Kingo Hamada, 安部恭弘 [Yasuhiro Abe], Masamichi Sugi, 山本達久 [Tatsuhisa Yamamoto], 稲垣潤一 [Junichi Inagaki], Yuta Suzuki, 角松敏生 [Toshiki Kadomatsu], and in some cases 山下達郎 [Tatsuro Yamashita], Minami Yoshitaka, 小田和正 [Kazumasa Oda], and Keizo Nakanishi.
>>
File: 1171295.jpg (31KB, 300x196px) Image search: [Google]
1171295.jpg
31KB, 300x196px
These boys
>>
japs got good psych and noiserock
>>
i listen to Chinese Football does that count
>>
T.M. Revolution, wagakki band, anime OST's, and Super Eurobeat if you count that as japanese.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.