[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this the last good rock album?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

Is this the last good rock album?
>>
probably the last good pitchfork review

http://pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/5250-st-anger/

0.8/10

A twisted barbed wire sign spans the entrance to the Ben Elektra Kibbutz in Metulla, Israel. It reads: "And Justice for All." There, in the country's northernmost town, pinched by Lebanon, and set in a valley as arid and colorless as an Anton Corbijn photo, my brothers and I assembled compact discs for Elektra Records, far from the reach of cable modems and CDRWs.

After long days of picking rare bloodberries from barbed bushes for the screened St. Anger covers, which Lars assured us during his weekly motivational videos would only drive hard copy sales, I stripped my soiled black overalls, checked the bunks for banana spiders and sand ants, and settled in to read a tattered copy of Karl "Geezer" Marx and Frederick "Freddi" Engels' Metal Manifesto. Few historians care to document the period in the early 1850s when the pair, influenced by the heart-wrenching blue-collar poems of Bob Seger, abandoned the Bund der Gerechten, shaved their beards, applied eye-silver and rouge, and produced a series of simpler, populist manifestos.

Often, I found myself reading the first line by Zippolight, unable to proceed further, lulling myself to sleep with its mantra:

"A spectre is haunting Metal - the spectre of Metallica."

Decades removed from its writing I didn't find the assertion particularly leveling or insightful. Rather, I was amused by its irony. Originally, Marx and Engels had hoped to shock their staid, academic readers with imagery of the undead, as with the Pushead-inked "Red Monsta" devouring Europe on the cover to their earlier Communist Manifesto. Now the word "spectre" struck me only as a reminder that Metallica had long given up the ghost. The manifesto remained only a document of arrogance and comedy. Marx continued, "Metallica is already acknowledged by all Rock powers to be itself a power."
>>
>>72065908
Nine Inch Nail's NTAE was great, you also got stuff like Youth Code.

Good rock is still out there.
>>
It is a very raw and energetic album. It is also very catchy. Saint Anger round my neck, he never gets respect.
>>
>>72065979
I agree Slipknot and Limp Bizkit were the last good bands \m/
>>
Every song on this album is a masterpiece made of dirt. It is supposed to be dirty and unfinished. I can't remember a time when I didn't blast these songs on my stereo.
>>
actually this album and the some kind of monster doc are kind of a key part in the death of rock music

stuff like this is why rock music became so uncool in the mainstream eye, it all contributed to destroying the myth of rockstars being in any way cool or interesting. nothing murders a carefully culivated image like watching a bunch of meatheaded middle-aged millionaires with no self-awareness pay 10 grand a week for group therapy. it's spinal tap made real, and of course the resulting music is just as ill judged and embarrassing

st. anger is terrible, but it's certainly one of the last *important* rock albums
>>
>>72065908
No this is
>>
What is James' deathstyle gonna be?
>>
>>72066151
Shooting himself until he's dead (yet)
>>
>>72065967
>Nine Inch Nail's NTAE was great
Nine Inch Nails' *
also industrial =/= rock
>>
I play Significant Other and St. Anger all the time on my radio, I think these albums are definitively the best albums of the 21st century.
>>
Industrial is a type of factory, you elitist pleeb.
>>
>>72066183
Industrial is a type of factory, sweetypoo
>>
File: V__A2A2.jpg (179KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
V__A2A2.jpg
179KB, 720x960px
This is the best album
>>
>>72066183
It's industrial rock so it totally counts.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.