[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Overrated bullshit

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

File: file.png (92KB, 300x295px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
92KB, 300x295px
It wouldn't be if it weren't for the meme of grunge and nirvana "see? I'm not into grunge only for nirvana".

jesus fucking christ, it was shit, just as nirvana were shit on 70% of their songs.
>>
>>72062255
Cool
>>
>>72062255
There's already another thread >>72061927

Rules state:
>Please try to keep duplicate topics to a minimum by always searching for an old or active thread before posting a new one. Do not post a continuation of a thread until the bump limit is reached.
>>
>>72062255
this is probably the worst OP ever on /mu/, good fucking job
>>
>>72062255
this album is indeed frontloaded and acclaimed disproportionately to it's overall quality
>>
>>72062255
what a meme am i right? epic FAIL
>>
>>72062784
>frontloaded
>Hey Joni, Candle and Trilogy are on the second half
Hmm ok
>>
File: 1353758499698.gif (534KB, 250x144px) Image search: [Google]
1353758499698.gif
534KB, 250x144px
>it's another "pleb listens to daydream nation once and doesn't 'get' it" thread
>>
It took me being in the right mood to enjoy this one fully
>>
this album got me into indie rock, it's great. Their early stuff is really interesting too.
>>
honestly there's a part of me that will never be able to enjoy sonic youth because they were pricks to nardwuar
>>
>>72063289
lold because i was going to write almost exactly this

oh children
>>
>>72062255
this bait is so incoherent, flaccid and disappointing that it's actually upsetting. wow.
>>
>>72064098
The weak should fear the strong faggot. Sonic Youth did nothing wrong
>>
>>72064098
>nardwuar
I'm reading about this now and I don't think I can bare to watch this. That's really fucking lame.
>>
>>72062255
And somehow it's remained popular for 25 years.

Really makes you think.
>>
>>72064160
by whom?
>>
>>72064177
DN influenced and defined rock since 90s.
>>
>>72062255
bait, but Daydream Nation was held in high regard before anyone knew who Nirvana was
>>
>>72064147
Don't watch it if you like sonic youth.
>>
>>72064667
I found it kinda hard to watch when I first saw it, but I can still enjoy their music. Popular musicians are assholes, it's just a fact of life
>>
>>72064147
It's them fucking around with a meme reviewer, no idea why people get so upset about it
>>
>>72064705
you can always tell the quality of a person based on how they treat nardwuar
>>
>>72064739
Yuo
>>
>>72064739
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kGv3sVOAUE8 this is part of the reason jay reatard is so likable
>>
>>72064739
>2018-1
>people are still too autistic to seperate art from the artist
>>
>>72064779
i'm not saying i dislike their art. but they're still shitty people
>>
>>72062255
Are you trying to imply Daydream Nation is grunge? If that's the case you would have an argument for Dirty and maybe Goo but definitely not DN.

And the fact is, Sonic Youth had some influence on most big indie rock bands back then. Just as a few examples, they were the ones that convinced Sub Pop to sign Nirvana, they were good friends with J. Mascis and ideas from Sonic Youth and Dinosaur Jr definitely crossed paths, and even Kevin Shields has talked about being really interested in what they were doing and having that inspire him.

I'm pretty sure that most people who strongly dislike DN are approaching it like they would approach a typical post-90s rock album and aren't listening to the guitars enough to understand the techniques the band had finally mastered from their early no wave and post-punk days and learning how to adopt what they had learned from listening to guys like Glenn Branca and Rhys Chatham in a punk context.
>>72064739
Oh yeah you can tell they're pretentious assholes but I think they have the music to back it up.
>>
this isn't even a grunge album, what are you talking about?
>>
Sister is better
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.