[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT:

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 11

File: Red,_King_Crimson.jpg (54KB, 375x375px) Image search: [Google]
Red,_King_Crimson.jpg
54KB, 375x375px
current/last listen, current book, what do you think of both
>>
>>72057964
>last listen
pic, was pretty good, but didn't move me. i like the first and last tracks a lot 7/10
>current book
Blood Meridian, good as fuck, reading it with /lit/ and it's blowing me away
>>
>last listen
Blanck Mass - World Eater
thought it was pretty enjoyable, tapered off towards the end though
>Current Book
reading Jorge Joestar now that it's translated, just for the sake of it. once I'm done with that I can get back to Journey of the West, which is pretty good from what little I've read.
>>
good album, felt like it kinda dragged on a bit by the end but that was probably just been me getting sleepy

don't read much but i should
>>
File: 09.jpg (290KB, 1406x1393px) Image search: [Google]
09.jpg
290KB, 1406x1393px
>current/last listen
Currently I'm listening to pic related, I've always enjoyed In A Silent Way as sort of a precursor to the late night and I last heard the new albums from Arca and Father John Misty, hated both, ESPECIALLY hated the latter.
>current book
The Glass Bead Game by Herman Hesse. Comfy as fuck and engrossing, this is only the second thing I read from Hesse, I read Siddhartha a while back and thought it was cool, Glass Bead Game (AKA Magister Ludi) I am enjoying way, way more.
>>
Currently listening to this for the first time. Pretty good but I think I like Dots and Loops more. Last was James Blake self-titled, pretty okay I guess.

Just started A Confederacy of Dunces today, I love it. Ignatius Reilly seems like the kind of person who would unironically shitpost on 4chan.
>>
File: transient.jpg (33KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
transient.jpg
33KB, 500x500px
>>72059055
Kek forgot pic.
>>
File: image.jpg (110KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
110KB, 700x700px
Last listen was this. It's actually my favorite album of his. This album and his four songs on Nite Flights especially have such a forward thinking feeling to them while still being tuneful. I love his records after it too but this art rock sound was my favorite of his.

Haven't read anything in awhile. It's honestly really hard for me to focus on something like that. I used to love to read but now anything longer than twenty pages is difficult for me to finish. I'm considering looking into treatment for attention disorders because it's impeding a lot of things now.
>>
>>72059055
only stereolab I've heard is Emperor Tomato Ketchup, I should really listen to more. also A Confederacy of Dunces seems good
>>
File: timbertimbre-sincerely.jpg (118KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
timbertimbre-sincerely.jpg
118KB, 800x800px
>last listen
just checked this new Timber Timbre out for the first time, never listened to them before but it was a pretty good album.

>current book
To Die for the People - Huey Newton
Collection of essays, lectures, letters, etc. during his time with the Black Panthers. Good stuff, a lot of it feels like it's still very relevant today.
>>
>>72059170
Hot Dreams is a great album, check it out. the title track in particular is siccccc
>>
>current listen
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jTLjNjlj3Q
It's alright. Pretty repetitive, but relaxing
>current book
Small Architecture by Philip Jodidio. I like it. Some eh stuff in there, but mostly lots of cool houses/structures
>>
I like the second half more than the first

I'm idly reading The Bronx Zoo, a book about the '78 New York Yankees. It's pretty good if you like baseball.
>>
File: sufjan ss.jpg (58KB, 500x493px) Image search: [Google]
sufjan ss.jpg
58KB, 500x493px
>>72059303
Shit forgot pic
>>
>Last Listen
"Triptych" by Tomonari Nozaki. Pretty good.

>Current book
A Storm of Swords. Overall enjoyable, but I'm constantly wondering how books more focused around single timelines/characters would've been, rather than George Martin's tendency to bounce around constantly.
>>
>>72059486
All fantasy and sci-fi writers should take notes from George, non-linear and really fleshed out worlds and characters and little anecdotes are the future.
>>
>>72059874
The fleshed out world part is good, but I can assure 90% of authors would not pull off non-linearity well at all.
>>
>last listen
in the court of the crimson king. I like it. it has an archaic, almost medieval quality that mixes with my '80s childhood prog rock memories and gives me a weird sense of awe. like watching the very first silent movie or something.

>current listen
odelay. been listening to it since it came out and it never gets old to me. every time I hear it I think "I should look for some more dust brothers stuff" and then I never get around to it.

>current book
white oleander by janet fitch. it's not high literature but I'm enjoying it so far.

>>72059109
>I used to love to read but now anything longer than twenty pages is difficult for me to finish.
I have this too. not sure if I'm just getting old or what, but I can't plow through books like I used to, and can't seem to retain what I read either. I tried reading the fall and herman hesse and other /lit/-tier stuff over the past year to try and get my brain working again, but once I'd get done with a book, I'd try to analyse it and realised I couldn't remember most of what I'd just read.
>>
>>72057964
>Last listen
Tom Waits- Swordfish trombone
>Last read
Pulp- Charles Bukowski
I think this says alot about me actually
>>
File: 1289787313696.jpg (23KB, 404x375px) Image search: [Google]
1289787313696.jpg
23KB, 404x375px
>>72060872
>Tom Waits- Swordfish trombone
good album.
>>
>>72060903
I feel like an idiot because I posted the song title instead of the album title even though I fucking love the album, but yes my friend! A fantastic album
>>
File: Sadness.jpg (120KB, 392x495px) Image search: [Google]
Sadness.jpg
120KB, 392x495px
>>72057964
>Beach Boys - Heroes and Villains.
>A Passage to India (11:00-11:10/11:30-11:40/12:00-12:20)
>Romanovs 1613-1918 (13:00-13:20/14:00-14:20/15:00-15:20/16:00-16:20/18:00-18:20)

A Passage to India is a great book thus far, on page 200 as of now, reminds me very much of To Kill A Mockingbird though with more attention to racial strife and rebellion in the British Raj rather than animosity between blacks and whites. The Romanovs are also fun to learn about, surprising how much intrigue existed back there and the fact that virtually everyone under the dynasty was corrupt af. Have to appreciate the few participants in the dynasty that aren't, the Synod kinda sounded like something out of A Clockwork Orange, how he got away with that I'll never know.

Just started listening to the Smile Sessions for the first time. Been listening through the Beach Boys discography with around 20 listens on each album, eventually it got to the point where I thought "fuck it" and skipped the self-titled, to be frank their post-Love You content is so watered-down and regressive (in the musical sense) that its legitimately depressing.
>>
File: BornToDieAlbumCover.png (135KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
BornToDieAlbumCover.png
135KB, 300x300px
>last listen
luv her
>current read
"If Morning Ever Comes" by Anne Tyler. I quite like it, but maybe only because I've read too much shit lately.
>>
>currently listening to
The Meters - The Meters
>current book
I'm reading the The Book of the New Sun. It's a bit dense for me but the world building is super interesting.
>>
File: 54568808-520x245.jpg (13KB, 520x245px) Image search: [Google]
54568808-520x245.jpg
13KB, 520x245px
stranglers the gospel according to the men in black, the gnostics by jacques lacarriere, idk :)
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.