[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can I get a rundown on Gorillaz lore? Like what the sequence

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 6

Can I get a rundown on Gorillaz lore? Like what the sequence of their music videos is supposed to be/what the fuck is supposed to be happening?
>>
The same thing I was asking myself. Just listened to their recent shit and I'm really interested
>>
See http://gorillaz.wikia.com/wiki/Backstory

Now what is their best and why is it Rhinestone Eyes?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7GdsftXc0yU
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (11KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
11KB, 480x360px
>>72057674
>lore
>>
Gorillaz = Blur = shite
>>
File: ggFQGSo.gif (339KB, 215x194px) Image search: [Google]
ggFQGSo.gif
339KB, 215x194px
>>72057674
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lo7_BlbZ55g
Have fun
>>
>>72057674
well i dont know how far back you want to go but as far as up to Plastic beach,
>Murdoc makes a bunch of enemies as usual
>bounty hunters, demons, pirates, not-death, mexican government, etc after him
>kidnaps 2D and takes him to plastic beach to make music
>Noodle stuck in hell but escapes and goes to plastic beach
>Russell finds out and goes to Plastic beach as well
>pirates come to plastic beach and blow it all to hell
>they all get separated
>eventually come back together and thats where the new music video is from
>>
>noodle is no longer loli
>>
>tfw we'll never have the production value of the early to mid 2000s Gorillaz music videos again
>>
Gonna give an abridged version here I suppose.

>Murdoc had a shitty childhood with an abusive father who forced him to sing during karaoke nights at a local pub
>He grew up and played in several shitty bands that never really went anywhere, his father thought he was a fuck up
>Vows to create the worlds greatest band to spite his father (possibly makes a pact with the devil while doing so)
>Murdoc with his current band decide to rob a local music store by ramming their car through the front window
>Staurt Pott aka 2D is running the shop for his father and is rammed straight into the head by Murdocs car, is knocked out and has one of his retina's shattered
>Murdoc is later arrested, but acquitted if he takes care of Stuart Pot, who now in coma
>Murdoc tool's around with the vegetable Stuart, using his car to pick up woman
>Crashes Stuarts car, sending Stuart through the windshield and flying across the pavement
>2-D wakes up from his coma, to discover his other retina is fractured, making him look like a demonic zombie
>Murdoc finds out 2D can play the keyboard and sing pretty well, and is inspired to start a brand new band.
>>
File: rise of the ogre.jpg (14KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
rise of the ogre.jpg
14KB, 480x360px
This is where Russel comes in.

>Russel grew up in Brooklyn NYC
>Pretty good musician but hung around with a pretty bad crowd
>One day him and his friends are caught in a gunfight and all of his friends are murdered in front of him while he survived
>Russel absorbs the souls of his dead friends and is constantly haunted by them day and night driving him to insanity
>with the souls of his dead friends haunting him he also gains their musical talents, becomes kind of famous
>his family sends him to the UK to try and help his him get away from trouble
>Murdoc catches wind of the possesed drummer arriving in the UK
>decides to kidnap him and have him audition
>Russel agree's to join the band, says he has a strange feeling that the souls of his friends brought him to them
>>
Noodles Story

>Noodle is the daughter of a famous robotic engineer
>Incredibly talented with all sorts of instruments and songwriting
>Wants to join a band but father disapproves

>Murdoc put's out a flier looking for a bassist for their new band

>randomly Noodle shows up at their doorstep in a shipping crate
>and the rest is history

That's pretty much the story for Phase 1
>>
>>72057674
Gorillaz is an alternative hip-hop project fronted by Damon Albarn, which frequently features guest appearances and collaborations

That's all you need to know, the "lore" behind the band is reddit as fuck
>>
>>72060304
I thought noodle was a japanese government supersoldier
>>
>>72060343
quit sucking dick, lore is fun, it's Jamie Hewlett's side of the project

Phase 2

>After the success of their first album the Gorillaz are given an insanely huge budget for their second album
>The band records the album and uses most of the money creating insanely elaborate and expensive music videos
>Feel Good Inc. video breaks their budget and the company Murdoc dealt with decides to seize the asset's
>El Manana is the company destroying the flying Windmill set from Feel Good Inc.
>unfortunately Noodle is still on it, and disappears as it crashing down into a canyon. pretty much thought to have killed her
>>
>>72060304
they also had a guitarist before noodle who was also 2d's gf but russel found out murdoc was fucking her. russel smashed murdoc's nose.
>>
File: 1388962336158.gif (634KB, 500x300px) Image search: [Google]
1388962336158.gif
634KB, 500x300px
>>72060364
she doesn't really have any back story, ill explain more.

Phase 3

>Murdoc tries to ride the success of Demon Days as long as he can but quickly loses money
>financially bankrupt, he begins trading in the blackmarket making several deals with pirates and mercenaries
>sells them defunct weapons and runs away with the money to a home he built on an island made out of garbage in the middle of the ocean
>starts going crazzy and begins to lose money, also might be making more pacts with dark figures, decides to make another album
>with Noodle presumably dead, Murdoc has an android version of her built to replace her and protect him from the pirates who are out to kill him
>2D refuses to make another album so they kindnap him
>Russel catches wind of what's happened decides to swim to the island, on his way getting mutated from the oceans waste, making him as large as godzilla
>Noodle who was actually dead, escapes from hell and decides to return home
>pirates intercept her ship and she's abandoned out to sea
>The giant mutated Russel find's her on his way to Plastic Beach and she joins him
>album is completed and then the Plastic Beach is found and attacked by the pirates
>big fight and shootout
>Russel and Noodle return
>>
File: 933222-gorillaz.jpg (180KB, 1224x792px) Image search: [Google]
933222-gorillaz.jpg
180KB, 1224x792px
What we might know with Phase 4

>during the fight 2D is eaten by a giant whale
>escapes the whale and washes ashore stranded for month on a beach, surviving off of coconuts and crabs
>finds out the beach is actuallly part of mainland in south america and returns to civilization flies back to the UK

>Russel is found in the ocean by North Korean ships and is captured
>subsequently put on display as a freak show
>then somehow rescued but i can't remember how

>Noodle uses the skills she learned in hell to hunt demons living on the surface, possibly as some sort of agreement with some souls in the underworld or maybe to just rid of some evil

>Murdoc and his Noodle android hide out in sea for as long as possible
>theyre eventually caught by the UK Navy and Murdoc is arrest
>record label agrees to pay his bail if he makes another album
>Murdoc agrees of course

>They all get together again, and rent out a haunted flat in the UK living together along with some sort of ghostly soul of funk
(aka Andre 3000)
>they live there for some time doing god know's what
>2D receives a notice in the mail finding out that they've been evicted.

And this is where all of the lore leaves off.

Presumable the event's in Saturnz Barz is them finding a new place to stay or something.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.