[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are some albums where things aren't as they seem?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5

File: buildings.jpg (72KB, 795x470px) Image search: [Google]
buildings.jpg
72KB, 795x470px
What are some albums where things aren't as they seem?
>>
File: Blue_Jam_CD_cover.jpg (7KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
Blue_Jam_CD_cover.jpg
7KB, 200x200px
>>72054841
Chris Morris' Blue Jam
It is actually an ambient album.
>>
>>72054841
To plebs, soundtracks for the blind is just "muh long ass spoopy album", but it is actually a philosophical portrait of life being lived under the threat of nuclear war in post modern society.
>>
At least kids today care about preventing nuclear war. Used to be it was just a threat and people accepted it as "This is life from now on"
>>
>>72056371
None of Swans is at face value

Seer TBK and TGM are a musical attempt at The Divine Comedy.
>>
File: Get to Heaven.jpg (89KB, 319x319px) Image search: [Google]
Get to Heaven.jpg
89KB, 319x319px
>>72054841
With the upbeat tempo and Jonathan Higgs' lilting voice, it's easy to mistake this for an optimistic, fun pop album, until you actually listen to the lyrics and realize he's singing about some seriously heavy stuff. Just the first track is about a beheading, for example. It's pretty incredible, actually.
>>
>>72056371
yeah i heard that if you listen to it enough times you can literally predict the future
too bad nobody can force more than one listen
>>
>>72056530
I thought To The Blade was about existencial crisis, though Everything Everything has written heavier stuff before, NASA is On Your side comes to mind
>>
File: 20 jazz funk greats.jpg (418KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
20 jazz funk greats.jpg
418KB, 1024x1024px
the idea was for old ladies who'd never heard of throbbing gristle in their life to put it on expecting comfy jazz funk and just get fucking decimated
>>
>>72056653
that's some hd grass man
>>
>>72056653
>just get fucking decimated
by mildly strange, somewhat uncomfortable but not very heavy music?
>>
File: Ween-12GoldenCountryGreats.jpg (19KB, 303x300px) Image search: [Google]
Ween-12GoldenCountryGreats.jpg
19KB, 303x300px
>>
>>72056941
>"We had this idea in mind that someone quite innocently would come along to a record store and see [the record] and think they would be getting 20 really good jazz/funk greats, and then they would put it on at home and they would just get decimated."
that was how Cosey phrazed it. I wouldn't know, I've never actually listened to it, or anything by TG for that matter
>>
>turned by a ladybug

this fucking show
>>
A Crow Looked At Me

she's alive
>>
>>72056426
I really don't think that, especially since most of the music is improvised and the lyrics are half about stuff he thought would sound cool in a song (The Seer, Toussaint L'Ouverture for example)
>>72056371
can you explain that?
>>
boop
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.