[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Vinyl or CD

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5

File: vinyl_image.jpg (194KB, 1600x1063px) Image search: [Google]
vinyl_image.jpg
194KB, 1600x1063px
I want to start collecting my favorite albums physically but i can't choose between vinyl or cd. Cds are much much cheaper and some albums are only on cd. But vinyls are just more nice.
>>
Vinyl > tapes > cds > MP3s and flacs
>>
Both
>>
It really depends on your current stereo setup. Since turntables are an analog device its important to have an analog amplifier. If you just want to have the album in good quality just get a good CD player. I collect vinyl but I have to admit that CDs are much more versatile due to the ability to rip them to a PC.
>>
Vinyl sleeves look better than CD cases
>>
CD is more practical, Vinyl is more satisfying.
>>
>>72053842
>vinyls
>>
>>72053842
Either is cool. I'd probably go vinyl just because more is available on that format. Lately I've been really digging cassettes.

And good on you for buying physical media. But it directly from the artists.
>>
File: cdees.jpg (66KB, 532x544px) Image search: [Google]
cdees.jpg
66KB, 532x544px
you'll probably have a much easier time with CDs especially if you live on the west coast where there's a few record store chains and buyback places doing 5 for $5 deals. They're also highly portable.

if you have the money do vinyl tho.
>>
>>72053842
If you don't mind spending at least $10 more for the same exact thing then I'd suggest vinyl
But in my opinion cds are the only way to go when collecting physical media
>>
>cd
Pros
-smaller
-easier to transport
-portable
-free digital rip
-low maintenance
Cons
-disk rot/shorter lifespan
-analog to digital transfers suck
-digital isn't as good
>vinyl
Pros
-lasts longer
-analog sounds better
-cool artwork
-easier to listen front to back
Cons
-expensive to maintain
-high maintenance
-possibility of a cd as a source
>>
"Vinyls" its Vinyl for singular and plural. telling you now so later you won't get blasted in the vinyl community. Records have a big plus that a lot of stuff that you may find never got converted into any digital data format a lot of music form the 1910's to the early 90's never got transferred into the digital music age unless it was extremely popular.
>>
>He made this post just to trigger people into correcting "vinyls"

That being said just buy CDs, they take up less space and you still get the album art. Vinyl is cool but you gotta have a lot of money and a lot of space dedicated to it.
>>
>>72054684
>He makes his post and he doesn't even denote who he was responding to
>>
>>72054684

Yeah, but depends on the artwork, sometimes you lose details because of the size of the CD, and small booklets aren't fun when they can fit into a single 12"x12" insert or inner gatefold.
>>
>>72053842
Literally do both or either, don't make it one or the other
>>
>>72053996
>tapes
explain
>>
>>72054752
Oh my god who fucking cares just find a high quality version online and print it off if you want to look at it Jesus Christ
>>
File: index.jpg (10KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
10KB, 225x225px
>>72054858
Dope. Physical media. Sounds great. Unlike vinyl, can get a walkman and take it to go (I live in NYC). Cool new artists release on cassette, so I can make sure the money goes to where it should go, instead of some parasite tech company.

Cassettes are ideal for the modern patrician.
>>
File: erectile dysfunction.jpg (19KB, 420x450px) Image search: [Google]
erectile dysfunction.jpg
19KB, 420x450px
>>72054887

don't be so dense
>>
Buy vinyl, pirate digital.
>>
>>72055076
This 100%
>>
>>72055076
Team Apollo
>>
>>72054265
/thread
>>
File: hek.jpg (2KB, 94x96px) Image search: [Google]
hek.jpg
2KB, 94x96px
>>72055076
word

support artists

fuck silicon valley
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.