[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Freestyle 4 - Life of Pablo Discussion; General Kanye thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: life of pablo cover.jpg (133KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
life of pablo cover.jpg
133KB, 1000x1000px
Didn't know Kanye sampled Goldfrapp.

Kanye sampled it on Freestyle 4 from 'Life Of Pablo'
it was eh there, weird song, definitely braggadocious track
could've sounded better
the violin does wonders for this sample
so far I've seen maybe 2 other artists to their versions of Freestyle 4 and they were all better except for the fact that I actually like Desiigner's appearance on Kanye's version
Kanye's lines were crazy and funny though, CAN WE FUCK RIGHT NOW?!
2 other artists were Tyler The Creator, and some underground rapper: Beez
>>
>genuinely analyzing meme rap

was it autism?
>>
>>72050505
meme rap? Yeezus was pretty good, some tracks on Pablo weren't too bad
>>
>>72050505
>muh lyrics
>>
Favorite tracks off TLOP?

1. Real friends
2. Ultralight beam
3. Wolves
4. 30 hours
>>
>>72050977
1. Ultralight Beam
2. Saint Pablo
3. Highlights
4. No More Parties in LA
5. FML

subject to change
>>
>>72050977
good list

1. Wolves
2. Real Friends
3. Waves
4. Feedback

it changes a lot though, feel bad for not having ultralight or fml
>>
>>72050977
1. FML
2. Saint Pablo
3. Real Friends
4. Wolves
5. Freestyle 4
>>
>>72051079
really? I wasn't a big fan of wolves desu, ultralight beam though was great
>>
TLOP was incredible to me, actually. Way more consistent than usual (save the nicely-concise Yeezus) -- even MBDTF has its cheesy Power and overlong Blame Game and let-down send off Lost in the World/Who will Survive
>>
>>72051436
in what ways did it seem consistent?
>>
>>72051654
Quality-wise. I thought most of the tracks were as excellent as what came before. Part 2 and Famous were a little less...other than my only problem is NMPILA being a little too-long!

The whole thing is *excellently* varied and fun to listen to.
>>
>>72051800
*Varied stylistically, that is. It's all 'rap', but he gives an excellent showcase of how that doesn't have to always sound the same
>>
>>72051813
I get that, but that's what turned me away from his album more so than say yeezus, it was all over the place and shit, but I liked most of it for sure
>>
>>72051852
I feel you. But what if you made it a 10-song tracklist to make it easy to digest like Yeezus?

Like using
Feedback, Highlights, FSMH, Waves, FML, Freestyle 4, Facts, Fade, Saint Pablo (in whatever order)

Could be another great bumping album good to work out to or something.

Making edits to albums with playlists has been helping me appreciate stuff better these days -- take More Life for example. Chop that shit in HALF with your favs and you have a good little album. Or take out the Starboy filler and replace with the good from Awaken my Love, stuff like that
>>
I think kanye is an untalented hack, but the idea for this album was quite unique and different. It's fucking art, better art creation than MBDTF.
>>
>>72052062
Ill never quite like his lyrics, but its his most beautiful album I'd say. The beats/melodies and how they fade into the outros on wolves, famous and real friends are really beautiful and give me feels
>>
>>72052258
You might appreciate this, anon:
http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/section-25-the-brit-post-punkers-on-being-sampled-by-kanye-west-20160226

"How did you learn about Kanye sampling "Hit"?
-Vincent: "James Nice, who runs the Factory Benelux label, said to me, "Are you sitting down?" He told me a sample had been requested, and I thought it would be a snare hit or a guitar riff or some other snippet. So I was completely thrilled and surprised when "Hit" started playing about halfway through — with my brother playing bass and singing, Paul [Wiggin] playing guitar and me drumming — and went on for the rest of the track. It sounded like Kanye doing a duet with me brother! [Laughs.] I got pretty emotional, really. I'm not one to cry about things like this, but I miss my brother every day and wish he could come back and hear that."
>>
>>72050977

1 - ultralight beam
2 - feedback
3 - wolves (first version not the gay edit with sia and the other features (not saying that they fucked up the song but for some reason instead of jsut including the features they also had to fuck up the remastering))
4 - waves
5 - FML
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.