[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

tfw my favorite albums took at least 5 or more listens to get

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 1

File: 7658756.jpg (55KB, 754x653px) Image search: [Google]
7658756.jpg
55KB, 754x653px
tfw my favorite albums took at least 5 or more listens to get
>>
>>72049722
the only album i really loved on first listen was ITAOTS
>>
Why does it matter? They're your favorite albums now are they not?
>>
>>72049761
because now I know I have to spend absurd amounts of time listening to garbage just to find more good albums.
>>
>>72049777
did you hate them the first 4 times and all of the sudden have an epiphany on the 5th or what
>>
>>72049722
What are they
>>
>>72049777
You won't have to spend absurd amounts of time. Once you begin to 'get' more challenging music, you won't have to go through that kind of shit again and enjoy most challenging music on first listen. It feels pretty good
>>
>>72050137
this. i had trouble getting into slowcore at first. as you get used to the stuff, it comes more quick.
>>
>>72050088
answer him
>>
>>72050137

Examples of "challenging" music?
>>
>>72050256
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Guu0BEmnLlc
>>
>>72050293
Not trying to meme or be an asshole, but whats the appeal of this sort of music? Please explain as in depth as possible. I could kind of hear some implied harmony in there but it also feels like it doesnt really go anywhere and is just some guys fucking around on new technology.
>>
>>72049722
tfw every album in your library has 5 or more listens
>>
>>72050789
You're not a meme nor an asshole but rather a complete dunce for not getting what it is. I suggest you leave this board.
>>
>>72049722
Ok here's how I see it.
You either like an album on first listen or you don't. To really "get" an album requires more than one listen, but if you don't like an album at first, trying to get it to click would just be self-induced Stockholm syndrome.
>>
>>72050868
I kinda get what you're saying but I think most albums take more than one listen to appreciate. My opinion can change on an album even after a few albums, and I often expect it to
>>
>>72050789

I listened to 10 minutes of it before I realized it's challenging because you want to turn it off the whole time. We'll memed
>>
>>72050868
I don't think you know what stockholm syndrome is
>>
>>72050789
>>72050818
This guy is not me. I'm not an arsehole

The interest is in the timbre of the music and the drift in and out of harmonies. It's best when you totally immerse yourself in it and it just becomes you, the music and whatever is around you
>>
>>72050818
Fuck you even though youre probably just being ironic
>>
If I dislike an album on the first listen, I will never like it.

If I am not turned off by the sound on the first listen but don't love it right away, there's a good chance I will grow to love it with more listens.
>>
>>72050789
id reckon same appeal as earth or some noise, just a bit more heavy on the ambient site. it sounds quite boring to me because the timbre isn't very interesting compared to a lot of noise music and it's stupidly slow
>>
>>72050990
What about cognitive dissonance?
If you spend a lot of time listening to something you don't like, then you could say there is a discord between your belief (that the music is bad) and your action (listening to it), which your brain may try to resolve by adapting your taste to include the music.
>>
>>72051130
I disliked Loveless on first listen but grew to like it quite a bit
>>
>>72051130
I thought the Glow Pt 2 was absolute dogshit on my first listen and 3 years later I got it
>>
>>72051420
I hated it more on the second listen than I did first.
I even thought I might have liked Daydream Nation until I heard it again.
>>
>>72051529
What do you usually listen to?
>>
>>72051130
Same. I'm usually intrigued but not in love during a first listen.
>>
>>72049722
Fucking hated warning at first but it's actually quality once you get used to it.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.