[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /mu/ think about streetlight manifesto?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2

File: 81pHEVJH1DL._SL1425_.jpg (450KB, 1425x1425px) Image search: [Google]
81pHEVJH1DL._SL1425_.jpg
450KB, 1425x1425px
What does /mu/ think about streetlight manifesto?
>>
The only ska punk you need
>>
>>72045168
I prefer the Communist manifesto.
>>
They haven't put out a single bad record

Or even a bad song for that matter
>>
>>72045228
Thats ok anon. Lots of people cant think critically or read good!
>>
>>72045944
This is a fact. But I'm curious now, post least favorite song.

Kristina she don't know I exist
>>
favorite band as a teen
still consider them one of my favorites
>>
If you like them you're either underage B& or you have a head injury. There is literally no way a developed adult brain could enjoy this band.
>>
>>72046270

this
>>
>>72046103
1234 1234 is only ok as well. But songs from Keasbey Nights are all covers and what changes there were made are kept to a minimum. They shouldnt count. Seriously though these guys havnt written one absolute shit song yet. Impressive.
>>
>>72046270
>>72046290
t. fun hating hipster faggots
>>
>>72045173
Goldfinger exists, so no
>>
>>72046290
replying to your own post is poor form
>>
A MOMENT OF SILENCE PLEASE
>>
>>72046649
Yeah but Goldfinger turned crappy after Open Your Eyes.
>>
>>72046685
that doesn't devalue their old work
>>
>>72046712
Early Goldfinger was awesome. Hang ups was my favorite. But they grew up and matured. And so did their music. But unfortunately they matured in a different direction from me.

Goldfingers sound had the right zeitgeist for the time it was made.
>>
>>72045173
Operation Ivy though
>>
>>72046619
But the streetlight version of 1234 has that awful outro
>>
>>72045168
one of the best
>>
>>72046103
Pretty much a few Keasbey Nights songs are my least favorites: Day In, Day Out, This One Goes Out To... and 1234 1234.
>>
one of the only good ska bands in history

loved them in college, but I really didn't like the last album much at all
>>
>>72045168
Loved them in High school, don't listen to them a lot now.

Probably the only band I would go back and revisit from that whole phase, definitely the only good thing to ever come out of third wave ska. Their newest album was pretty good to, imo.

>>72046103
Probably This One Goes Out To...
>>
>>72045168
I really liked them when i was a teenager, but haven't revisted their stuff in a pretty long while
>>
>>72048300
same
their lyrics were thought provoking when I was 16
>>
>>72046867
The Catch 22 isn't much better, they just hold the riff while Kalnoky reads out the album's credits.
>>
>>72048492
Yeah but it sort of shows the fun that they had making the album, they're cheering and joking, where as in the streetlight version it's just a monotone voice talking about how hard their lives are and how they had to make the album.
>>
>>72045228
I prefer Elliot's manifesto.
>>
>>72045168
literally the only good ska punk band
>>
>>72049044
>>72045173
>>
>>72045168
All I know about them is that a friend of mine in high school reeeaaalllly liked them.
So they're probably not that good
>>
Have a friend that still listens to Ska, won't lie, I turn this shit down every time he leaves the room, I don't care if it's "good ska", it's still fucking Ska.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.