[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Music to listen to whilst reading Lovecraft?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4

File: h_p_lovecraft_alone.jpg (137KB, 620x412px) Image search: [Google]
h_p_lovecraft_alone.jpg
137KB, 620x412px
Music to listen to whilst reading Lovecraft?
>>
vampire weekend
>>
>>72026701
My Chemical Romance
>>
>>72026701
surf rock
>>
>>72026701
k pop
>>
File: 1432382596930.jpg (15KB, 244x209px) Image search: [Google]
1432382596930.jpg
15KB, 244x209px
>listening to music while reading
Do Americans actually do this?
>>
>>72026804
I don't. Music makes it hard to concentrate, especially if it has lyrics
>>
>>72026701
https://youtu.be/xBWIY0CW3ag
>>
Tangerine dream
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t1RTgznup5c
>>
>>72026804
>>72026822
The internet has rotted your attention span if you can't do two things at once.
>>
Sunn 0)))
Portal
Rudimentary Peni - Cacaophony
>>
>>72026822
this is true
that's why i listen to boards of canada or pye corner audio or other wallpaper type of music when i'm reading
>>
dopethrone
>>
>>72027110
Could you repeat that? I was eating.
>>
>>72026701
dark ambient
>>
>>72027153
BOC YES. Good choice. Monolake too.
>>
>>72027110
>The internet has rotted your attention span if you can't do two things at once.

you are so confused that you're saying orwellian shit now

you think that reading a book while listening to music is less ADD than reading a book without music? the hyperactive mind would want the music to be on so that there would be another thing to cycle on

people with poor attention spans do not enjoy reading books in the quiet by themselves. that's why they don't do it
>>
>>72027193
Best reply I've seen here today.
>>
File: cover.jpg (149KB, 796x796px) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
149KB, 796x796px
>>
>>72026701
I've had some success with Venetian Snares
>>
>>72027110
lol like the fucking opposite of this jesus christ

put some dark ambient on in the background if you need to OP, I find that helps when playing DnD but you don't need to listen to anything more intense than some drone for reading since you won't be listening to the music anyway

I like lovecraft but his stories are best when none of his characters involved know about the Necronomicon or elder gods, since the discovery is half of the tension in the stories.

So stuff like Whisperer in the Darkness and The Colour out of space is the best kind of stuff since it doesn't attempt to explain much
>>
Wait ok, OP. SELECTED AMBIENT WORKS II.
>>
File: cover.jpg (519KB, 1435x1453px) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
519KB, 1435x1453px
Most funeral foom
>>
>>72027335
yeh, that's one thing i picked up on when reading at the mountains of madness, they work at a university where the necronomicon is kept under lock and key, most of the students are afraid to read it and then they're surprised when they encounter something otherworldly, what gives?
>>
Just fucking read. You don't need a soundtrack go read you twat.
>>
Blut Aus Nord's album 'MoRt'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1DN6Uv-C6wU
>>
>>72027389
>Wow this exact situation seems uncannily familiar to the things I read in THE DREADED NECRONOMICON, that we just happen to have at every single University in America that a protagonist of a pulp fiction horror story might study at or be a professor of
I think its just because Lovecraft wanted to link his works together in one unified universe since they appeared separately in magazines at the time and no one had the internet to look up whether all these writings were linked. Thing is he's not an amazing writer in the traditional respect but the way he presents horror is really entertaining.
I don't even think he's that good of a horror writer per se but the concepts are good enough that I can't get enough of it
>>
>>72027492
Whoa, just take it easy, man.
>>
>>72027532
SHUT UP!
>>
>>72027523
his attention to detail is good, but he really does take his "nothing is scarier" thing too far sometimes
>>
>>72027552
lol yeah, all the powers that be are either "overwhelmingly terrifying" or just too alien to describe properly
Credit where credit is due though, a lot of his concepts were not tangibly observable things and they were really just ideas about things that don't exist that might be scary. I can't imagine how hard it was to write about an alien colour that doesn't exist and how it destroyed a farm for example without going overboard with the hyperbolic language
>>
This obviously
https://youtu.be/VGX5PBePSrI
>>
>>72027514
Good pick but there's so much going on in MoRt's songs that I wouldn't recommend listening to while reading. But if you wanted the effect of cosmic horror, listening to MoRt in a pitch black room at night isn't half bad.
>>
>>72026701
>Its a mu doesnt recognize a lit meme episode and gets caught being pretentious.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.