[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What the fuck is Scruffi's problem?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 3

File: Screenshot_20170407-084749.jpg (207KB, 908x850px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170407-084749.jpg
207KB, 908x850px
>>
except for Elvis, he is 100% correct
>>
he's definitely right about radiohead
>>
I agree completely with his statement but I will switch the orders as

1. Elvis Presley
2. U2
3. Beatles
4. Prince
5. David Bowie
>>
>>72025481
>>72025498
>>72025510
he's not wrong but he isn't saying anything either. LOL look at me i picked the most popular musicians that are technically overrated because their celebrity extends beyond music!
>>
>>72025498
elvis is one of the more accurate picks on there
>>
>>72025481
He thinks he's special because he's a critical contrarian and he plays it up so contrarians flock to him.

Hence why this board likes him so much.
>>
He's an old Italian pedo with a bad case of Yellow Fever with objectively shitty taste for being unable to appreciate Aphex Twin.

The real question is why you fags give him any attention at all.
>>
>>72025565
except he likes aphex twin. two sevens means he likes him
>>
>>72025510
not even, radiohead is on another level, they're about as renowned as the beatles at this point in terms of musical history
>>
>overrated
What a fucking retarded concept.
>LOOK THESE ARTISTS ARE NOT RATED RIGHT ACCORDING TO ME, THESE ARE THE CORRECT RATINGS, YOU CAN ONLY LIKE THEM THIS MUCH
Jesus christ
>>
>>72025529
this is you btw https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u2j578jTBCY
>>
>>72025717
Derrida says some interesting things but he's so physically revolting I can't stand looking at him
>>
>>72025717
interesting.

I was just saying that if you take a band like the Beatles or Elvis, of course their overrated because they've transcended their music. Elvis isn't Jailhouse Rock anymore. He's Las Vegas, he's memphis, he's Ed sullivan, he's rock n roll, he's the 50s, etc. So there is no possible way for him to be "rated" correctly, as his music will never live up to his image that has been formed. So of course he's "overrated," it's the only thing he can be at this point, so why is that a statement worth making?
>>
THE FACT THAT
>>
>>72028453
SO MANY /MU/TANTS
>>
>>72028489
STILL NAME RADIOHEAD
>>
File: 1488852011098.jpg (13KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1488852011098.jpg
13KB, 480x360px
>>72025481
>Scaruffi thinks Drukqs is Aphex's worst album
>>
>>72025481
If The Beatles were never lauded as the greatest of all time I'm fairly certain his profile on them would be much more neutral, though I feel like many of the scores would be the same.

Why Elvis when you have Chuck Barry.

U2 are an accessible arena rock band. Scruffo's emphasis on "muh art" (for better and for worse) largely doesn't have a place for them.

I don't think Pavement are overrated though...
>>
>>72025481
He's a snowflake.
>>
>>72025481
he's a pedo hack silly anon
>>
>>72025481
idk but I'd fuck him if you know what I mean
>>
>>72025565
He prefers Autechre and he is right to do so.
Aphex Twin is good and was certainly revolutionary in 1993, but he became a meme because he was unable to move beyond acid sounds and fast mangled-breakbeats.
Autechre developed a more unique sound with Amber and Tri Repatae and have explored more uncharted territories than Aphex Twin since RDJ. I mean, compare Drukqs to Confield.
>>
Will he ever shut up about "Vladimir Trump" and start writing indecipherable music reviews again?
>>
>>72025481
He's right about Prince and U2, but everyone else he's just trying to be a fucking edgelord. Probably the type of faggot who listened to ya-hey and was like "yeah, why won't God show his face, and even if he's real, why doesn't he convince my parents to let me dye my hair pink"
>>
>>72025481
U2 is not only overrated but just fucking gay
>>
>>72025529
this
>>
>>72029554
this please
scaruffi please if you're reading this
i know u are
>>
>>72025481
>two of his most overrated musicians died in the same year

Was Scaruffi behind the deaths of Bowie and Prince?
>>
>2011
>respecting anybody who puts stock in the idea of artists being "overrated"

ishygddt
>>
>>72025702
go to bed hampus
>>
File: lanklet with strat.jpg (52KB, 600x750px) Image search: [Google]
lanklet with strat.jpg
52KB, 600x750px
Scaruffi is the same ilk as Christgau

>>72025498

Buddy Holly>Elvis

prove me wrong

>protip u cant
>>
>>72025650
Ummmm...I don't think so...maybe by people who listen to them a lot but generally the people I know lump them in with Blur and Oasis and no where near the beatles
>>
>>72027060
it's not, that's why we don't listen to the fag
>>
>>72032011
Buddy Holly wrote his own songs, so that already puts him above Elvis.
>>
He's an old decrepit freak who thinks people unironically care about his shit opinions.
>>
>>72025481
XD they just died so they means you can't like Prince and David Bowie anymore. What a mentally ill fuck Scaruffi is
>>
>>72025481 (OP)
He's 100 percent correct

Overrated =/= talentless or bad

>Prince
Glorified popstar.
Michael Jackson has been a 100 times more important. "B-but Prince plays guitar!", yet there are hundreds if not thousands of better session guitarists.

>Presley
Another glorified popstar who stole the thunder of others who deserved it more.

>The Beatles
They're overrated simply because they're portrayed as gods of music.

>David Bowie
Good at getting excellent production and musicians all through the 70s and early 80s, but not one of the best songwriters and rather a one trick pony as a singer.

>U2
Aren't they the biggest tour selling band? Probably shouldn't.
>>
>>72029189

Confield is an unlistenable mess of offbeat rhythm and bouncing lightbulbs.
>>
>>72025498
This but the opposite
>>
>>72025498
>guy who blatantly stole black music is the only not overrated one on there
haha nice meme
>>
Scaruffi is the best example of Poe's Law
>>
Pavement and Guided by Voices don't have near the mainstream attention of the others he names.
>>
>>72034393
have you tried listening to music
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.