[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

TEAR DOWN THE WALL

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: EMduEkp.jpg (12KB, 325x325px) Image search: [Google]
EMduEkp.jpg
12KB, 325x325px
TEAR DOWN THE WALL
>>
Wish you were here is a better album.
>>
>>72024836
>>72024847
animals was better than both of those desu
>>
>>72024870
Nah. WYWH > Animals > The Wall > Everything other than DSotM > DSotM
>>
>>72024847
I literally visualize it in the form of a sandwich. If you know the list of tracks on the album you'll understand this.

>the best local bread
>alright filling
>decent filling
>brilliant filling
>the best local bread
>>
>>72024895
That's... kinda the best description I've ever heard of the album.
>>
>>72024920

You're being ironic, right?
>>
>>72024893

>The Wall
>"I hate the government because it killed my daddy"
>Better than DSotM

Sure is a shitty opinion you've got there.
>>
>>72024935

At least The Wall isn't as entry level.
>>
>>72024935
I like Umagunna more than DSotM
You could have given me better shit than the surface-level criticism of The Wall.
>>
>>72024893
Saying DSotM is their worst is just being contrarian. It's way better than shit like AMLOR and The Divison Bell.

For me it is WYWH > Piper > Animals > DSotM > Meddle = Saucerful > The Wall > AHM > Ummagumma > Obscured by Clouds > The Divison Bell > The Final Cut > More > The Endless River > AMLOR

The Wall is their most overrated, too much filler and only a few great songs
>>
>>72024964

It's literally Roger Waters spoonfeeding you anti-establishment sentiments with a fucking shovel. At least DSotM tried to remain a little more abstract. It wasn't track after track of WAR BAD, GOVERNMENT BAD, MAKE WALL
>>
>>72025008
If that's all you're getting from the Wall, please end life.
>>
>>72024985

>You could have given me better shit than the surface-level criticism of The Wall

All righty. It's not nearly as adventurous or experimental as anything else in PF's catalog. It's message is too direct and clearly Roger trying to use the band as his own political soapbox. You could honestly cut half the songs from the album and not lose any of its underlying messages about corruption, isolation, the psychic trauma of war, etc.

It's bloated, indulgent, repetitive, and far too political in comparison to the rest of their discography.
>>
>>72024986
Ok never mind The Division Bell goes below DSotM. I was being memey.
>>
>>72025037
There. That's much better. I even agree with some of that.
>>
The Wall is a 10/10 album, most consistant concept album I've heard since The Downward Spiral.
>>
File: wV3awty.png (425KB, 600x629px) Image search: [Google]
wV3awty.png
425KB, 600x629px
>>72024964
>this album is better because there's less people I can be angry at
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.