[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Talk Talk

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: 124252.jpg (131KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
124252.jpg
131KB, 600x600px
Let's discuss Talk Talk and in particular this album.

Did you enjoy it?
What is your favourite song off it?

How do you feel about Talk Talk's transition from Synth-Pop into Post Rock?
>>
>Did you enjoy it?
yes, it's one of my favourite albums of all time, one of the greatest rock albums ever created
>What is your favourite song off it?
New Grass has slowly become my favorite
>How do you feel about Talk Talk's transition from Synth-Pop into Post Rock?
nothing comes close to Laughing Stock and Spirit of Eden, but they have hints of masterful production
>>
I really love laughing stock, maybe favorite would be After the Flood, but its hard to decide. I like Spirit of Eden too
>>
File: 1489986988984.gif (151KB, 128x128px) Image search: [Google]
1489986988984.gif
151KB, 128x128px
>>72024800
New Grass completely changed the way I look at music and to what degree you could consider a song good.
>>
>>72024707
>Did you enjoy it?
yes, absolutely
After the Flood is GOAT
>How do you feel about Talk Talk's transition from Synth-Pop into Post Rock?
I personally think that Colour of Spring is their best album cause it mixes their synthpop sound with their later post rock elements
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbLAc3-iBXE

This guy does a great job of breaking down his thoughts on Laughing Stock. Plus, he's a way better reviewer than Fantano (although that doesn't say a lot).
>>
>>72024707
Let's talk talk talk
>>
I listened to Spirit of Eden and couldn't even finish it
>>
>>72024845
Didn't open the link, I know you're talking about Oliver. He's alright. Needle and Oliver are good at explaining their opinion, but Needledrop 90% of the time notices something about an album that I didn't catch, letting me look at the album differently. He also more concise, comprehensive, and ALWAYS references other bands works to help describe and albums sound. I think y'all give Oliver too much credit because he listens to his fans more(reviewing suggested older) albums and comes off extremely nice. He's average. Anthony , memes aside, is a good reviewer.
>>
File: R-86910-1164747889.jpeg.jpg (126KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
R-86910-1164747889.jpeg.jpg
126KB, 600x600px
Let's talk about this album too. I think it's the best Talk Talk/Bark Psychosis-inspired album, and one of the best post-rock albums in general. Hood were absolutely on fire from 1998 to 2005. I know they appear on several charts here, but they still don't seem to get any recognition.
>>
new grass is probably the most beautiful thing ever recorded
>>
>>72025107
i like hood a lot. Crescent is another extremely underrated postrock band

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4W05Y5ksxPg
>>
>>72025167
couldn't agree more
>>
Ascension Day and After the Flood changed my life
>>
>>72024707
9/10 album, After the Flood is one of the greatest songs ever written

>>72024800
>>72025167
>>72025217
Don't understand the acclaim for New Grass. It's great, but it's probably my least favourite on the album
>>
>>72024707
Best avant-jazzcore album out there
>>
>>72024707
It's fucking great, definitely one of my favorite albums

Torn between After the Flood and New Grass
>>
>>72024707
>Did you enjoy it?
Love it to death. Spin this vinyl almost weekly, probably top ten all time. In fact, I'll play it right now. I love how Spirit of Eden and Laughing stock are almost wholly unique in how they sound. Spirit of Eden for me is only abbout an 8/10, while Laughing Stock is a 10/10
>What is your favorite song off it?
After the Flood. Trip - Hop before we knew what that was
>How do you feel about Talk Talk's transition from Synth-Pop into Post-rock?
Fucking cool. I like Colour of Spring and It's My Life too, but for different reasons.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.