[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is vaporwave finally dead?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: grabage.jpg (151KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
grabage.jpg
151KB, 800x800px
Is vaporwave finally dead?
>>
Sadly, it is.
>>
>>72009923
>vaporwave finally dead?
vaporwave has been dead since its conception
>slowed down 80s/90s pop sample
repeat
good luck finding a vaporwave album that takes actual talent to produce
>>
it was dead as soon as normies started listening to it and talentless youtubers started using the music and aesthetics of it for their retarded videos

god I don't want to turn this into an eceleb thread but here's this one Russian guy who has some vaporwave shit in his videos that i can't believe
I watched a few of them and he has like a billion videos and none of them are entertaining or thought provoking
the guy had 300k subs, yt is fucking ridiculous
kill me
>>
>>72009923
I'd say one-track idea of "dude the 80s lmao" is dead. Normies came, had their fun and left

As far as contemporary retro-futuristic music there's still some interesting releases though. Oneohtrix Point Never and whatnot.
>>
>>72010051
if you kys the retards win, so rather kill the problem that annoys us all
>>
File: Sleepline.jpg (31KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Sleepline.jpg
31KB, 1200x1200px
>>72010039
you need to have a good ear to make a great vaporwave album, as with all music. Seriously go and try to make something of worth out of slowed down 80s samples. If you don't respect the means respect the quality of sound, this plays like a fantastic mix
>>
it's alive in all our hearts
>>
>>72010051
NFKRZ?

That fat autistic russian was one of the original montage parody makers, have some respect
>>
>>72010141
I don't know what the fuck that is or care, the guy was fucking terrible
I've honestly been thinking about trying out yt just because of how terrible he was, like it can't be too hard if that guy has 300k subs
>>
I hate how any concept of the genre has boiled down to some neo-80s romanticized vision of nostalgia, if there's any reason why it died, it's due to that
>>
as a meme, yes. commentary youtubers and shit-mouth kids "AESTHETIC" spamming definitely brought its decline, but seeing 420 get turned into Vine memes over the course of last year was the definitive nail in the coffin. There are still people making music though, but mostly from its techno or ambient influenced derivative subgenres.

Hopefully in a few more months it will have completely died so i can start listening to floral shoppe again without getting shit for it.
>>
Yes, but there's still life in what it's influenced.

See: pic related, Telepath, Vaperror, Machine Girl, Giant Claw
>>
>>72009923
Sadly. I still listen to some vaporwave artist like Blank Banshee, Vaperror or Whitewoods tho
>>
>>72009923
it's been dead since 2011
>>
vaporwave was never even alive
>>
>>72011655
it's always been raw like a good steak
>>
ironically, i sometimes listen to eccojams, floral shoppe and laserdisc visions nostalgically, reminiscing about memories of the ~2014 era (i know vaporwave was dead before that, it just happens that thats when i started listening)
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.