[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I can't get into hip hop

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 8

File: male.png (443KB, 954x684px) Image search: [Google]
male.png
443KB, 954x684px
There's a few albums I really like and a lot of the instrumental stuff is really great, but nothing I've listened to has affected me like a good rock or jazz album can. With its extreme focus on lyrics, it requires a completely different listening approach and I just can't get into it.

:(
>>
>>72008265
What are your favorite hip hop albums?
>>
>tfw you truly realize you're white.
>>
I dont even know what to tell you, i have been listening to hip hop since i was a child, and every hip hop head i know is the same way
>>
Maybe stop listening to old, afrocentric, rap focused stuff and start listening to new, experimental and more production focused stuff.

>good rock or jazz album

Oh, you're still in that phase.
>>
>>72008290
>>tfw you truly realize you're white.
Or maybe he actually has good taste you degenerate nigger

>>72008265
But yeah hip hop is mostly shit OP the artists I would recommend are Kanye, odb, method man, rza, and young thug for guilty pleasure and fun. Those are the only rap artists I will ever go near with a 10 foot pole, specifically kanye
>>
>>72008265
id say endtroducing... is my favorite album ever its sample based instrumental hip hop. give it a whirl :)
>>
>>72008384
>Calls music guilty pleasure
>racist
lmao
>>
>>72008599
no just young thug because he's classified as a memerapper
I'm actually a proud listener of kanye and wutang

But yeah I am racist when I want to be, you got a problem faggot?
>>
>>72008642
I'm white you fucking trash. The niggas you listen to don't even respect you.
>>
take a pic of ur skin, ill be that judge
>>
>>72008758
then you are a white apologist cuckold, even worse
>>
File: hahah.jpg (10KB, 480x202px) Image search: [Google]
hahah.jpg
10KB, 480x202px
>>72008265
>not enjoying black poetry of da streetz, superior to da white man's whack-ass shiet
shiet cracka u hella racist. u betta apologize for slavery again and listen to sum of dose woke-ass lyricz
>SUMETHIN SUMETHIN FUCK DA POLICE
>DEY PUTTIN GOOD NIGGAS IN JAIL AND SHEEZ
>I HAVE A LOT OF SEX AND I DO A LOT OF DRUGS
>GONNA GET ME A GRAPE SODA, FRESH OUT OF FUCKS
s.m.h t.b.h f.a.m. *laughing crying emoji*
>>
Rap isn't even centered on lyrics anymore. Try Lil Uzi Vert or Travis Scott
>>
>take pop song
>turn the bass up
>speak negroid over it
Why is hip hop so easy to make?
>>
>>72008371
and what exactly is that phase?
>>
>>72008265
>>72008326
baka, i also was a lot into hip hop and rap as a kid, but then somehow got into metal and punk, then got tired of the later shit and was listening to everything, except rap. tried a few hip hop rappers, still prefer listening to something else. i like atcq, rtj, mf doom and some old school hip-hop, but cant listen too much to any of that.
>>
>>72008265
listen to Travis Scott - Rodeo
>>
File: 1752110.png (21KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1752110.png
21KB, 400x400px
>try to follow along with the lyrics on genius
>tfw rapper raps too fast for you to keep up with the explanations
>>
>>72010985
ill explain it to you: nigger pull da trigger
means that an african-american person is going to shoot
>>
>>72011004
DUDE
EPIC
>>
>>72011004
Fuck off, faggot.
>>
>>72010985
you could like go into the audience and say excuse me mr. rapper could you tear it up in 70 BPM coz i cant understand what you´re saying when you turbo lip like that
>>
>>72008265
>With its extreme focus on lyrics
Fucking lol, how under a rock are you
>>
>>72008371
>>72008416
>>72009273
The whitest people ITT.
>>
>>72008384
You're a real memer
>>
>>72008265
Rap is a diverse genre with many different sounds. I was rock only just a few months ago. Then I found Suicide Boys and rigged their edgy, dark lyrics. I then moved on to similar artist like X, Bones, Night Lovell and Pouya.

Then I listened to Illmatic which I fucking loved and wanted to get into more "traditional" hip hop. Now I listen to Atmosphere, Earl Sweatshirt, Vince Staples, Kendrick, Joey Bada$$ etc

I know I'm still technically a oleb, but hey, I'm enjoying myself.
>>
>>72011145
digged* pleb*
>>
why do you have to try and fill a quota for music? If you don't like it, don't listen to it you pretentious hipster fuck
>>
>>72011022
>calls me faggot
>tfw rapper raps too fast
>>
>>72011185
maybe hes tryin to understand it. you appear more pretentious than him, pleb
>>
File: a2424428043_10.jpg (355KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
a2424428043_10.jpg
355KB, 1200x1200px
>>72008265
Tried NxWorries Yes Lawd! album?
>>
If you're 20+ you shouldn't get into hiphops
>>
File: Lese Majesty.jpg (106KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Lese Majesty.jpg
106KB, 1200x1200px
>>72010866
I would try Shabazz Palace's Lese Majesty. It's as beat driven as it gets, and does that very well
>>
>>72008265
That's 100% okay man. Just don't shit on other peoples love of it or it purely as a genre of expression and it's all good.
>>
>>72011672
that is quite nice.
>>
File: 6a-angry-chimp-122203715.jpg (45KB, 632x373px) Image search: [Google]
6a-angry-chimp-122203715.jpg
45KB, 632x373px
NIGGA NIGGA FUCK YO BITCH NIGGA UHH UHH YA SMELL ME I BE LAYIN DOWN RHYMES LIKE MUH BLING LIKES TO SHINE, FUCK YO WHITE HO IN THE ASSHOLE SHE ALL ABOUT GETTING BLACKED IN MUH PIMPED OUT SACK, I PLAY B BALL WIT DEM TITTES DEN SLAM DUNK DEEZ NUTS INTO HER SHITTER, AS IM BOUT TO BUST IN HER ASSHOLE TIGHTY, SHE SCREAMS OUT 'FUCK WHITEY'
>>
File: 1462136808072.jpg (33KB, 314x353px) Image search: [Google]
1462136808072.jpg
33KB, 314x353px
>>72011946
>>
File: black creatures.jpg (41KB, 557x364px) Image search: [Google]
black creatures.jpg
41KB, 557x364px
>>72011946
I fucc with dese truth bombs familia, shits woke af
u finna do a mixtape? shit's gun be fire
>>
>>72008384
>Recommending Kanye to someone who can't get into hip hop

I'm sure he's heard of Kanye desu
>>
Milo and Mf doom is usually what i recommend to people who have a hard time getting into rap/hip hop
>>
I don't really get hip-hop either. I can enjoy the classic, entry-level albums. I enjoy some Kanye or Kendrick, but it's the feeling is just "this is pretty good" but it never affects me emotionally like other music does. To me it seems that hip-hop is way to lyric and persona focused and not musically focused at all. The lyrics could be great, and the beat can be great, but they never work together so well that it really blows me away, which is something I've been able to find in pretty much any other genre.

Someone explain this or help me please.
>>
>>72012437
hip-hop is a meme genre. people tell you there's more to it than jay-z and kanye but the truth is if you don't enjoy mainstream rap on at least some level you will never ejoy the more experimental rappers either, unless they're so experimental it's hard to call it hip-hop anymore
it's just not for everyone, and forcing yourself to like it is not a good idea
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.