[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Name one (1) song on this album better than [any song on Section.80]

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 4

File: Front.jpg (389KB, 1400x1400px) Image search: [Google]
Front.jpg
389KB, 1400x1400px
Name one (1) song on this album better than [any song on Section.80]
>>
Momma
>>
Opening track. Deal with it.
>>
>>72007447
wrong

>>72007456
wrong

next?
>>
>>72007439
I can name 0 songs on this album because I only listen to good music.
>>
>any track
>forgets that Section.80 has No Makeup
>>
>>72007465
only the hook is cheesy on no makeup, the rest of it completely surpasses TPAB
>>
u
the blacker the berry

kendricks two best songs, probably
>>
>>72007508

just the fact that the sample in 'u' almost sounds exactly like kendrick when it's not is amazing

same cadence and same high pitch voice he does,

also, the glitching is godlike when the beat switches. i want to hear more glitchy shit in rap
>>
>>72007508
>u
first half is a worse version of Ab-Soul's Outro off section 80, second half is unlistenable

>the blacker the berry
sounds like a leftover that wasn't good enough for Dre's Compton
>>
>>72007463
Fpbp
Fourth post best post
>>
Section 80 was a surprisingly shitty debut for an artist who became such an important and acclaimed figure. There are maybe 2-3 good songs on S80. The production is dated, with a real trashy 2011 vibe kind of trap sound, that's mostly due to the in-house handled production. The 'conscious' lyrics are cringeworthy to the point of becoming a self-parody. I'm glad Kendrick got his conscious lyrics in check because some of the lyrics on S80 are unbearably corny. He tried too hard on S80 and didn't have the resources yet.
>>
Institutionalized
>>
>>72007618
>trap sound
have you ever listened to section 80? or do you just not know what trap sounds like?
>>
>>72007508
>U
>Not i
>>
>>72007652

All the digi+phonics tracks sound like shit.
>>
>>72007715
like i said, do you not know what trap sounds like? can you name some trap artists that sound like anything off section 80?
>>
>>72007606
Compton was terrible
>>
reminder trap kendrick is the goat

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_L_hRKUcLzc&t=2m35s
>>
>>72007618
>Section 80 was a surprisingly shitty debut for an artist who became such an important and acclaimed figure. There are maybe 2-3 good songs on S80. The production is dated, with a real trashy 2011 vibe kind of trap sound, that's mostly due to the in-house handled production. The 'conscious' lyrics are cringeworthy to the point of becoming a self-parody. I'm glad Kendrick got his conscious lyrics in check because some of the lyrics on S80 are unbearably corny. He tried too hard on S80 and didn't have the resources yet.
its amazing how wrong this is

it was his peak lyricism and sounded organic, everything after GKMC has been either cringeworthy or trying too hard
>>
>>72007771
this song is 100x better without kendrick

http://eachvideo.com/watch?v=XJjUzV3XHhQ
>>
>>72007736

There are numerous tracks on s80 that have a trap style song structure and percussion. It's not dominant but it's there, mostly the soundwave produced stuff. Thanks to the limited resources and not being signed to a major at the time, it all sounds like shit now. You can't expect much from an album that's 'mastered for itunes'.
>>
>>72007827
> Thanks to the limited resources and not being signed to a major at the time, it all sounds like shit now.
yet somehow the horns on s80 still sound better than the ones on tpab...

>You can't expect much from an album that's 'mastered for itunes'.
do you not know there's a cd and vinyl release?
>>
>>72007618
>The 'conscious' lyrics are cringeworthy to the point of becoming a self-parody.
I'm guessing you only listened to S80 after TPAB? It's his current 'savior of hip-hop' lyrics that are self-parody at best
>>
>>72007776
Not that guy, but I cringed harder on hiipower than blacker the berry. Probably the mlk line every verse and "EVERDAY WE FIGHT THE SYSTEM-M-M-M"
>>
>>72007869
Nigga those horns are all sampled. And they usually don't make different master tapes for itunes and cd/vinyl. Nigga you dumb as hell
>>
>>72008012
he says 'Visions of Martin Luther staring at me' twice

at least back in s80 he realized he wasnt MLK, i think he's deluded himself into thinking he's somehow at that level now
>>
>>72008059
>Nigga those horns are all sampled.
doesnt change what i said

> And they usually don't make different master tapes for itunes and cd/vinyl. Nigga you dumb as hell
but that's wrong...
>>
>>72007439
Mortal man, the blacker the berry, u , momma, wesleys theory, complexion, you ain't gotta lie, institutionalized
>>
Section 80 sounds like an internet only mixtape.
>>
>>72008086
My bad the third verse starts with an illuminati line haha that doesn't help.

Yeah you may be right about him believing he's at mlk status though and that's corny too.
>>
>>72008115
Ye you stated an objective opinion can't dispute that it's like trying to unscramble an egg.

I realized my mistake on that last quip after I posted so I apologize. Should've stated that they certainly did not remaster on cd releases.
>>
>>72007439
u...

https://youtu.be/PquoQiAjgfI
>>
For Sale?

best one
>>
File: ice_screenshot_20170405-155150.png (79KB, 709x677px) Image search: [Google]
ice_screenshot_20170405-155150.png
79KB, 709x677px
>>72008183
>complexion
What are you, some kind of cuck?
>>
File: 1123313.png (181KB, 582x578px) Image search: [Google]
1123313.png
181KB, 582x578px
>>72009159
>>
>>72007463
here we go. someone with taste.
>>
>>72007439
every song on this album is better than No Make-Up
>>
The storytelling on GKMC was what made most of it so good - even with some of the cringy preaching on Swimming Pools, Sing About Me, and Real. Then with TPaB he doubled down on the cringy preaching - that "live" version of i is unlistenable - and stopped telling stories in favor of bullshit stream-of-consciousness woke rap.

S80 is irrelevant in Kendrick's discography.
>>
File: keyboard.jpg (134KB, 411x500px) Image search: [Google]
keyboard.jpg
134KB, 411x500px
UU is better than both tb h
>>
>>72007508
u is great, so is Momma. Anyway I don't think berry is anywhere near u, no way, it's much more generic and uninteresting imo. What makes you say berry is (so) good? u has much, much more going for it

>>72007606
second half is by far the best part of the song and the best part of the album
>>
>>72007465
this
>>
>>72007439
No song he has done is better than "Hol Up", fuck this shit.
>>
>>72009159
those aren't even the lyrics
>>
lol mu is terrible u have an opinion and someone just says " no ur opinion is wrong " only shitposts
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.