[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

New kenny hype thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 397
Thread images: 35

About 17 hours til new Kendrick album. Who /relisteningtoallofhisshit/ here?

I forgot how good Section.80 actually is desu
>>
I think we just may be in for his first dud.

It's gonna be super disappointing.
>>
It's gonna be shit.
>>
>>72004963
I'm just listening to loosies here and there like cartoons and cereal, i have class all day so hopefully the wait wont feel too long
>>
>17 hours
Source?
>>
>>72005025
In about 17 hours it's midnight in LA, might be + a few hours but he usually releases during the night.

Anyway I think this album might either be his greatest or his worst. From what we've heard it's going to be g-funk / west coast and memphis rap (think lil ugly mane) fusion.
>>
section 80 > gkmc >>>> untitled unmastered and TPAB

its not looking hopeful
>>
Uh oh album of the decade in coming
>>
>>72005080
Ok but like how do we know the album is coming? Just speculation or?
>>
>>72005152
Uhh what did he mean by this?
>>
>>72005158
you livin under a rock m8?

https://genius.com/a/kendrick-lamar-debuts-the-heart-part-4
>>
>>72005158
top told us
>>
>still doubting kendrick
Kek when will you learn?
>>
I think Kendrick is going to do something crazy like Kanye did with TLOP. I mean we literally don't have any info about the album besides Humble, but who knows, even that may not make it on the lp.
>>
>>72005183
Ok i saw the singles
Guess i didn't look into the lyrics enough
Thanks
>>
File: 1491145644809.jpg (44KB, 612x612px)
1491145644809.jpg
44KB, 612x612px
I don't understand why people need to say this will be a dud. What has Kendrick done in the past that even suggests this? Everyone said "i" was terrible until it came out with the context of the album, which is widely praised and only hates on here during peak times of shitposting.

I understand contradicting shills, shills are just as fucking bad. I just don not understand why no one has faith in someone who has released hit record after hit record.

People are claiming it is going to be disappointing before it has even released, based on one track, that was still pretty good/great depending on whether you are a fan of him or not.
>>
>>72005152
Yeah what the fuck? Any source for this persons claims?
>>
>>72005324
because /mu/tants like to be contrarians to rile people up
>>
>>72005324
>What has Kendrick done in the past that even suggests this?
TPAB and humble and heart IV
>>
>>72005348
just a good example of what i was talking about in >>72005344
>>
>>72005358
it's not me being contrarian, its you being a p4k drone
>>
>>72005324
>Everyone said "i" was terrible
It wasn't. In fact I preferred the single version.

Even if that were the case, compared to Humble, "i" is Keisha's song. It's the worst lead single he's had for an album so far.

Backseat Freestyle had an awesome beat and great wordplay. 'i' had great beatwork too and a good message (despite an annoying chorus). What does Humble have?
>>
File: 1489473282873.png (198KB, 1190x838px)
1489473282873.png
198KB, 1190x838px
>>72005194
>1 Apr

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
>>
>>72005348
TPAB was brilliant. Part 4 was a good hype track for the album, which was its purpose.
>>
>>72005369
>What does Humble have?
an annoying, poorly mixed beat
an outdated beyonce lemonade-tier video
no quotable lyrics
>>
>>72005366
why did you not like TPAB?
>>
>>72005369
>What does Humble have?
A contradicting message in which Kendrick seems to be struggling with he way he should deal with fame. Wondering whether to stay humble, or to take his earnings and flex what he has.
>>
>>72005386
>2017
>caring about music videos
>>
>>72005390
i loved s80 and gkmc for the memorable storytelling and fresh beats

TPAB has neither, i literally can't remember any of the songs off it and most of the beats were like thundercat-lite/flying lotus-lite
>>
>>72005407
In terms of storytelling TPAB is literally his best, but talking about the beats, I agree with you actually.
>>
>>72005407
>the beats were like thundercat-lite/flying lotus-lite
Not him but even a watered down thundercat/fly-lo sounds pretty good to me.
>>
>>72005437
you mind recommending what you think is his best storytelling track off TPAB?

i can remember almost every track off s80 off the top of my head but after listening to TPAB a handful of times I never wanted to ever again
>>
>>72005407
TPAB definitely has memorable storytelling... Institutionalized, U, Momma, How Much A Dolla Cost, etc.

I can understand not liking the beats if you aren't a jazz-rap guy and wanted more traditional style. Nothing wrong with that, though I'm not really sure how you can say you "literally can't remember any songs."

Either way, even if it's not your personal preference, I don't know how you can say it is a BAD album, or why people liking it makes them a p4k drone. Who gives a shit about pitchfork? I just like Kendrick's music.

I'd probably rank them GKMC>S80>TPAB in terms of re-listening, but I enjoyed them all and they are all great albums.
>>
>>72004963
Reporting in.

I think A.D.H.D is really his best song, the way he summarizes such a wide topic in only one song and in such a clever way is pretty amazing man.
>>
If the whole album is like Humble it'll be incredible. Fuck that TPAB trash. This is the kinda flow that made me fall in love with Kendrick not that free-form-jazz-odyssey nonsense that he vomited out on TPAB.
>>
File: 1488795049423.jpg (18KB, 300x412px)
1488795049423.jpg
18KB, 300x412px
>>72005488
>If the whole album is like Humble it'll be incredible.
>>
>>72005487
>the way he summarizes such a wide topic in only one song and in such a clever way is pretty amazing man

this is pretty much the core of kendrick's appeal and like 90% of his songs. way to hit the nail on the head.
>>
>ITT: everyone overrating Kendrick vastly because critics told them to

what a surprise
>>
>>72005488
>If the whole album is like Humble it'll be incredible
Oh boy! Kendrick Trap.
>>
>>72005467
literally redownloading the album just to remind myself why i didnt like it

i'll listen to these
>Institutionalized, U, Momma, How Much A Dolla Cost
again

i do enjoy jazz rap btw, just none of this album clicked for me at all
>>
>>72005451
"u" obviously.

I guess TPAB is not for everyone. It's not nearly as accessible as GKMC or even S80. I had to listen to it so many times before it clicked, but man, when it did I realized it's fucking amazing.
>>
>>72005509
give examples and reasons as to why you don't like him, like everyone else in this thread has done. don't be a shitposter.

>>72005514
>i do enjoy jazz rap btw, just none of this album clicked for me at all

that's cool, i understand. not every album is for everyone, my argument was mainly that you can still see some merits and reasons why other people think its good even without it being your thing stylistically.
>>
>>72005536
Fucking this. When it first came out, I listened to it so much purely because it was more Kendrick, and I can remember his come up during my final years of school. So when I was at work one day after TPAB came out, working on a project car for a customer, "How Much a Dollar Cost" came on and everything just clicked for me while working and it was one of the better music experiences I have had to this day.
>>
>>72005514
listening to institutionalized and reading along the lyrics, i'm questioning what it is you consider storytelling. things like keisha's song/tammy's song are key examples of storytelling IMO, this is just boastful rapping, and the like 3 different features on the track just seem to be filling in time, you could cut them all out without changing the essence of the song
>>
>>72005536
I think a big problem is that people didn't get the message. It turned into this big KEK BLACK POWER meme when that isn't the point of the album at all.

It's more personal and about his guilt and being torn apart by personal and professional expectations. He wants to be this positive influence and feels the expectations to lead people, but at the same time he's a human being and fails all the time. It's about finding the balance between celebrity and wide-vision and taking care of the real-world (family, relationships, day-to-day) around you.
>>
>>72005582
he's talking about taking one of his bros from the hood into his new world at the BET awards, but they've been "institutionalized" and can't bridge the gap between hood and fame. They've got a huge platform here but instead they just use it to steal jewelry and try to get head from the hot chicks. He's calling out his community at the same time as he's including himself in the offenders.
>>
Humble was awful
Think it'll be on the album?
>>
>>72005592
and here we see the rare, intelligent post on /mu/
>>
>>72005582
Me, scholarship? No, streets put me through colleges
Be all you can be, true, but the problem is
Dream only a dream if work don't follow it
Remind me of the homies that used to know me, now follow this

How is this not good story telling, he is legit comparing the streets he lived on to a school and how they taught him to be trapped inside of the area he grew up with no way out, with his peers feeling the same, even if a dream comes to fruition, the streets teach them not to follow due to survivals guilt.
>>
File: office.jpg (127KB, 960x749px)
office.jpg
127KB, 960x749px
>>72005621
thanks buddy.

also did they macro c u c k to kek? that's awesome
>>
People shit on every Kendrick album the day it comes out. Some people do love them, though.
Happened with GKMC, happened with TPAB and UU.
Anyone know if it's gonna come out at 3AM on the East Coast? Might wake up for it. Or we could see a leak today.
>>
>>72005553
I actually do like Kendrick to an extent, I just think anons like you fellate him because he's a critical darling. If he was slapped with a "corny" sticker like Gambino was (rightfully so) you'd all avoid him like the plague.

I'll overview my problems with Kendrick
>He puts on airs of deepness yet his message often fails to get through
>This wouldn't be an issue if he was trying to be ambiguous, which I don't think he's trying to do
>He doesn't have a great rap voice
>He does weird voices like the squeaky teenager voice too much, sacrificing listenability for concept
>He literally wedged himself into Pac's legacy and acted as if he is carrying the torch on TPAB in the corniest way possible
>His lyrics aren't incredible as they are hailed to be, though sometimes they deliver
>He doesn't tend to be clever lyrically
>His "hip hop savior" posturing is quite annoying and unearned
>He shoehorns in weird hooky bits sometimes
>He tries to be too eclectic with his flow just for the sake of sounding technical in some songs
>He wants to be Andre 3k too much
>>
>>72005623
those lyrics literally look like jay-z could have rapped them on one of his post-retirement albums, and all jay-z did on those albums was brag rap

s80 and gkmc literally had multiple characters running through the album

the start of 'u' is like a worse ab-soul's outro, and he goes with the asthmatic out-of-breath sound for way too long at the end of the song, kendrick never knows how to limit his vocal effects, like when he does the high-pitched voice for an entire song
>>
>>72005592
Every retard who thinks TPAB is a BLM album should read this post.

It's the funniest thing when people say rap music is "dumb" but then think The Blacker the Berry is about black nationalism. Do they also think I Used to Love H.E.R. and Homecoming are about girls?
>>
>>72005664
Wow I hate this post
>>
>>
>>72005742
>I have no argument: the post

Every time
>>
>>72005678
momma's just plain boring for me, he seems unaware of the beat, it stylistically reminds me of like quasimoto's first album except it's much more fitting when madlib raps this way
>>
>>72005664
not sure why you said the first sentence since that's obviously a strawman. if you want to see my reasons you can check my posts: >>72005467
>>72005592
>>72005615

To your points:
1. I do believe his message gets through, you can see my posts above.
2. I don't think he's trying to be ambiguous, I think the issues he talks about are complex and don't have a black/white answer. Pun intended.
3. We can agree to disagree here, but I really like his characters and different voices.
4. See above. Agree to disagree.
5. I don't think he's trying to carry the torch. If you'll see my post above I think he is conflicted because critically he's hailed as this revolutionary figure even though he's a human being. I don't think he was trying to disrespect Pac, he just saw something similar in Pac's message and was drawing on the hip-hop mythos.
6. I think his lyrics are pretty damn good, as the poster above noted, he's really good at tackling dense and complex themes and issues with concise lyricism and without being preachy.
7. this is the same point 6 twice.
8. again, I don't think he believes his is one, but I do think he feels as though he is expected to be this. this is what the core of TPAB is about. If you don't think braggadocio should be part of hip hop then i question why you revere pac so much.
9. fair enough, his hooks can be pretty bad (I'm Real)
10. We already covered this with the voices but it works really well IMO (the back half of MAAD City track)
11. I don't see any examples of this other than they are lyrically gifted rappers with high voices.
>>
>>72005664
What is a great rap voice? Because there are millions and millions of people who would disagree with that statement. Not saying popularity = good, it is just that if majority made the standard of rapping in the past, deep and "hard", than these days it is Kendricks voice that is the "good rap voice" of this generation.
>>
>>72005324
i was better in the single version and tpab was mad overrated anyway
>>
>>72005748
Already leaked, nothing special. B4DA$$ was way better
>>
>>72005678
those lyrics are from a character...

>>72005763
>unaware of the beat
In what way? he's on beat the entire time.
>>
>>72005763
His first verse on Momma is probably my favorite Kendrick flow. I played that track like 10 times a day for weeks. Knxwledge is so smooth.
>>
File: ulvnyk8xmjcy.jpg (45KB, 570x487px)
ulvnyk8xmjcy.jpg
45KB, 570x487px
>A thread full of actual intelligent discussion about rap music and Kendrick on /mu/

There is still hope
>>
CORNROW KENNY BORN WIT A VISION
>>
>>72005803
KUNG FU KENNY
>>
>>72005592
You forgot about Africa.
>>
>>72005789
>those lyrics are from a character...
who? the same verse literally says "But somethin' came over you once I took you to the fuckin' BET Awards". it's just him bragrapping

>In what way? he's on beat the entire time.
i guess we'll have to disagree on that, or maybe it's just the nature of the beat, his vocals seems to just step in and out and random intervals to me

How Much A Dollar Cost just does nothing for me either, idk mate, keep enjoying it of course but there's not a single reason i'd ever pick a track off this album over anything off s80 or gkmc. everything just sounds like a lyrical exercise and the beats just don't pop for me
>>
>>72005767
His message may get through to you and me, but I don't most people understand it, as it actually took some reading of his lyrics for me to get what was trying to be said on some of the TPAB songs

I Dont think hes trying to be ambiguous either?

Agree to disagree
agree to disagree

I don't think he was trying to disrespect Pac either, but it was corny for him to try to use Pac as a stepping stone for his narrative. This wasn't a sample of a chopped up verse, this was a conversation with a dead man who is rightfully a legend in hip hop. Not only corny, but really in bad taste.

No it is not.

Clever lyricism =/= good lyricism

Some of his best songs tend to be straightforward lyrically avoiding attempts at "cleverness"

He talks about being a hip hop savior on heart pt 4

couple this with his attempting to latch on to Pac, his whole persona, he wants to be that "hip hop savior"
>>
>>72005799
It's perhaps a bit better than
>Kendrick da goat, fuk u hater
>nah Kendrick sucks fuk u
but it's still shit
>>
Kendrick is very very subjective in terms of whether you like him or not. However, saying he isn't good is just plain incorrect. He has sent out a message and drawn teenagers of different ethnicity together as fans of his music.
He is one of the first rappers who came out of the decline of the genre and started giving it more steam. He gave a lot of other rappers in the game a voice while also changing the sound accepted by the larger crowd.

You might not like him, but he is not a terrible artist.
>>
>>72005862
>who? the same verse literally says "But somethin' came over you once I took you to the fuckin' BET Awards". it's just him bragrapping
A common theme of TPAB is that Kendrick is talking to Satan and how Satan has guided him and wants to be paid back.
>>
File: 1491178005811.jpg (21KB, 300x288px)
1491178005811.jpg
21KB, 300x288px
Pretty sure no matter how good his next album is people will still hate it on release because it probably wont sound like TPAB
>>
>>72004963
KILL WHITEY OOGA BOOGA BOO WE WUZ SUM FINNA MUP DA DOO DIDDA PO DE DUM THIS DICK AIN'T FREEEEEE NIGGA NIGGA YOUNG NIGGA WANANANA DIDDA DUM PAN-AFRICAN KUNTAKINTE EUROCENTRIC KILL WHITEY DAISHIKI ONGOBANGO MUPDADOO BIX BIX BIX NOOD WE TRYNA GO TO SPACE AND SHIT NIGGA I SWEAR TO GOD
>>
>>72005918
Knedrick always changes his sound on every album. I think everyone is already used to it.
>>
>lyrics
>>
>>72005862
It's a homie from the hood but it's also himself. He's including himself in acting like an idiot on a big stage.

Like I said it's not for everyone. You don't have to like it. My point was that people like it for other reasons than Pitchfork.

>>72005868
1. That's not really Kendrick's problem though if people aren't going to listen to the lyrics or pay attention. That's like saying IJ is bad writing because it's difficult to understand. (Just a comparison, I'm not putting them on the same level or suggesting their work is the same).
2. The second part of my comment still stands.
3. We can agree to disagree on the pac thing as well. I understand how you could feel that way so I'm not going to argue against something subjective.
4. what do you define as good lyricism?
5. I haven't listened to Heart pt 4 since I wanted to be fresh for the album so I can't argue on that line. I can argue that, again, the Pac convo isn't his attempt at being a rap savior. He's talking to someone who is revered about a problem they both face because he doesn't know what to do either. He feels expectations of being a leader but he knows he is a human and can't possibly be a savior or perfect. That's what the whole album is about. It's filled with self hatred juxtaposed with pride.
>>
>>72005886
thank you, this has been my entire point.
>>
>>72004963
am getting my shit together like he asked
>>
>>72005386
>>no quotable lyrics
MY LEFT STROKE JUST WENT VIRAL
>>
>>72005963
how do you feel about untitled unmastered?
>>
>>72005991
>MY LEFT STROKE JUST WENT VIRAL
literally sounds like something dj khaled would rap
>>
kendrick's quickly venturing into that late-stage of his career where he becomes irrelevant, if he was eminem then this album tomorrow is his Encore
>>
>>72005324

i was one of those people that hated "i" at first but he did change a lot of the arrangement for the album
>>
>>72006002
RIGHT STROKE PUT LIL BABY IN A SPIRAL
>>
>>72006009
in what way is he irrelevant?
>>
>>72005995
i loved it
>>
>>72005918
pretty sure no matter how good his next album is people will make it a bigger deal than it is. entry level radio rap isnt that hard to make
>>
>>72006002
fuck do i care about khaled, anon claimed humble had no memorable lyrics which is just wrong, i've had that fucking line stuck in my head for fucking days now and i can't get it out
>>
>>72006015
he fell off with TPAB, he ran out of things to say and is stylistically leaning towards more grammy bait, from the sounds on heart iv and humble it just sounds like he's bitter about losing that grammy to macklemore and is making trying to pander to award ceremonies
>>
File: kdot.png (218KB, 640x788px)
kdot.png
218KB, 640x788px
>>72006002
Remember I
Remember Backseat Freestyle
>>
>>72006030
Funny because Kendrick isn't radio rap. Just because it isn't YG - FDT doesn't mean it is a radio song.
>>
>>72006042
backseat freestyle is ironic but good
i is bad
humble is bad
>>
>>72005995
i enjoyed it a lot. I really liked the beats on there except for the Cee-Lo song. Definitely understand why they didn't make the cut for TPAB though - it's not that they were bad, just wouldn't fit the album.

>>72006038
What do you mean he fell off and ran out of things to say? We've literally been discussing that he has plenty to say.

Please substantiate your claims with examples.
>>
>>72006053
Humble has a style he has not often displayed
>>
>>72006046
worst song on still brazy too.
>>
>mfw i can't stop listening to humble
i hope this album is going to be more rap heavy like Untitled Unmastered. I don't even give a fuck about what Kendrick has to say, i just want to OD on his flow. It's going to be fucking great lmao
>>
>>72006030
The only song I've ever heard from Kendrick play on radio is Swimming Pools. You guys have weird perception of Kendrick, go into a party and try to play him on shuffle. Normies dont want to hear like 90% of his music. Songs like Good Kid, Sing About Me I'm Dying of Thirst, and u aren't what most people listen to rap for
>>
>>72006069
>What do you mean he fell off and ran out of things to say? We've literally been discussing that he has plenty to say.
the majority of the lyrics are just brag raps, it's incredibly boring since it's been done since the 80s. kendrick just isn't convincing at all when he does so

on king kunta, when he says 'Now I run the game, got the world talkin'' it just sounds silly

>I was gonna kill a couple rappers, but they did it to themselves
he's just full of himself for no reason, probably from being overhyped by the same media who thought his verse on Control was the best diss track in 20 years or something

>>72006071
>Humble has a style he has not often displayed
and he never should have displayed
>>
>>72006118
poetic justice got played a lot and king kunta sometimes. the only real kendrick on the radio is features.
>>
>>72006118
>You guys have weird perception of Kendrick, go into a party and try to play him on shuffle. Normies dont want to hear like 90% of his music.
can confirm this, i tried that out once
>>
>>72006122
>Now I run the game, got the world talkin''
But he legitimately does. Everyone loved that song, everyone bumped that song. everyone talked about him, and we are talking about him now. He has the whole world talking.

Arguably he does run the game. He is one of the most popular, talented rappers in the game and the people that want to beef him have never called him out and have always backpedelled because of how big he actually is.
>>
>>72006122
>on king kunta, when he says 'Now I run the game, got the world talkin'' it just sounds silly

That's just one line. Have you even listened to "u" or any other more profound songs on TPAB?
>>
if Kendrick was underground with the exact same sound and not as popular, /mu/ would suck his dick.
>>
>>72004963
How much "Fuck Drumpf and white people" is there gonna be?
>>
>>72005862
To be honest dude, I don't understand how you don't like TPAB, I respect your opinion, it is just foreign to me.
I am listening to all the albums now in order, in GKMC now, and while I love S80 and GKMC, I am just so excited to hear the intro to Wesley's Theory.
>>
>>72006174
>But he legitimately does. Everyone loved that song, everyone bumped that song. everyone talked about him, and we are talking about him now. He has the whole world talking.
i honestly don't know how you could say kendrick 'runs the game'. it's hard to say anyone really does at this point but in terms of some sort of 'popularity standings' i would honestly still say kanye has the #1 spot even though TLOP was sub-par. I wasn't in NA when TPAB came out but I don't remember anyone talking about it a week after it came out

>Arguably he does run the game. He is one of the most popular, talented rappers in the game and the people that want to beef him have never called him out and have always backpedelled because of how big he actually is.
who are these rappers that backpedaled?

>>72006184
yes i've listened to the album multiple times, and even just re-listened to 4 of the songs to remind myself how boring it was
>>
File: 1490301152809.png (217KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1490301152809.png
217KB, 500x500px
>>72006224
too much...
>>
>>72006122
>majority of the lyrics are just brag raps
Wesley's Theory, Institutionalized, These Walls, u, For Sale, Momma, How much a dolla cost, complexion, blacker the berry, mortal man.

none of those are brag raps and that's 10/16 of the tracks. If you don't think bragging or wanting to be the best is part of hip-hop then idk what to tell you.

>he's just full of himself for no reason
he's a rapper and claims to be the best right now. May i point you to this RATKING track: https://youtu.be/sTnynPgZozQ
>>
>>72005618
I sure hope not
>>
>>72006235
>To be honest dude, I don't understand how you don't like TPAB, I respect your opinion, it is just foreign to me.
none of the tracks are 'fun' to listen to, the tracks on s80 pop out of the speakers for me and feel filled with soul and i'd be willing to put the on repeat. after re-listening to parts of TPAB i've already forgotten what it sounds like and certainly don't want to listen again

>>72006269
>If you don't think bragging or wanting to be the best is part of hip-hop then idk what to tell you.
i never said it wasnt a part of hip-hop, but it's not kendrick's strength at all, storytelling is.
>>
>>72006264
Do you honestly think if Kanye got into a feud with Kendrick he'd win? Kanye barely raps anymore. If you mean biggest celebrity then ok. but biggest rapper is not Kanye.

>who are these rappers that backpedaled?
Drake and (kek) Jay Elec.
>>
>>72006264
>I don't remember anyone talking about it a week after it came out
/mu/ has been talking about it, 3 threads a day nearly, since it was released. Outside of the Grimes, DG and Kpop generals, I think it is the most talked about album on /mu/ for a while.

>who are these rappers that backpedaled?
Big Sean, disses Kendrick and then says he has no beef with the dude. Drake as well has multiple times shadowed Kendricks name, never called it out, and when people talk to him about it, he denys it ever being about Kendrick despite the lyrics directly referencing KDots verses.
>>
>>72006285
and storytelling was Nas strength too but no one gave him shit about bragging.

Either way, as i pointed out before, the whole album isn't bragging. there is tons of storytelling on there.
>>
>>72006285
>These Walls
>How Much A Dollar Cost
>Complexion

These 3 songs are so fucking enjoyable, the syncopated piano on Dollar, that guitar on These Walls, the hook on Complexion.
>>
>>72006285
maybe it simply isn't for you
Some albums just don't click with some people.
It's ok
>>
>>72006285
>none of the tracks are 'fun' to listen to
lmao what? I'm not the anon you replied to but that's a fucking weird statement. I remember listening to TPAB for the first time, it was the first chance i gave kendrick lamar after seeing all the hype. The first half is just one fun track after another and whenever i listen to TPAB i get exhausted af because i can't keep still. Alright and King Kunta were insane when i saw him live, he had a whole festival crowd bouncing.
>>
>>72006321
he wasn't in north america so the only rappers people are talking about are celebrity rappers aka Drake, Jay, and Ye.

Drake barely raps, and Jay and Ye have fallen off HARD lyrically because they don't give a shit about that anymore.
>>
>>72006338
Kendrick is talked about a lot in Australia.
>>
>>72006285
I respect your opinion but very much disagree. Alright got me into Kendrick, the instrumentation on that track is fucking amazing and I wake up a little bit every time I hear it.
>>
>>72006295
>Do you honestly think if Kanye got into a feud with Kendrick he'd win? Kanye barely raps anymore. If you mean biggest celebrity then ok. but biggest rapper is not Kanye.
i can't even imagine a feud with the two of them because as far as i know kendrick's never had any serious beef. the only time kanye has ever even engaged in beef was killing 50 cent's record sales, i don't remember any diss tracks

>Drake and (kek) Jay Elec.
i don't remember either of these beefs, did these last longer than a day? the last real beef i can even remember in hip-hop was drake and meek mill and that ended pretty much instantly once meek mill made a fool of himself

>>72006321
>/mu/ has been talking about it, 3 threads a day nearly, since it was released. Outside of the Grimes, DG and Kpop generals, I think it is the most talked about album on /mu/ for a while.
i was talking more about people in real life, i've been out of the /mu/ loop since ~2011 but this board jumps on plenty of albums that no one gives a shit about IRL

>Big Sean, disses Kendrick and then says he has no beef with the dude. Drake as well has multiple times shadowed Kendricks name, never called it out, and when people talk to him about it, he denys it ever being about Kendrick despite the lyrics directly referencing KDots verses.
big sean's a completely irrelevant rapper, this is what i mean by kendrick has never had an ounce of serious beef

>>72006327
already re-listened to dollar but i'll re-listen to those other two just to see
>>
>>72006368
>big sean is irrelevant
he's bad and not as big as drake or kdot but he's still normie as fuck.
calling rappers irrelevant doesn't make them go away
>>
>>72006368
no one wants to beef with Kendrick anymore.

Drake: https://www.thoughtco.com/drake-vs-kendrick-lamar-beef-timeline-2857331

Jay Elec: http://pitchfork.com/news/63387-jay-electronica-disses-kendrick-lamar-and-50-cent/

>i was talking more about people in real life
so nothing that has any critical bearing on music...
>>
>>72006402
i don't need them to 'go away'

a big sean/kendrick beef is as uninteresting sounding as possible
>>
>>72006285
>none of the tracks are 'fun' to listen to

Come on, Swans, GY!BE, BoC, etc are also not "fun" to listen to, but they are still fucking great. King Kunta, Alright and i are actually very pop-rap songs that for most people are pretty fun I'm guessing.
>>
>>72006368
>kendrick has never had an ounce of serious beef
He has no reason to, he calls people out, in Control, and no one responded, and that was when he was a lot lesser known. People steer away from rap beefs with him.

>i was talking more about people in real life, i've been out of the /mu/ loop since ~2011 but this board jumps on plenty of albums that no one gives a shit about IRL
Ahh i get you now, but like I said in, >>72006353 , he is talked about a lot outside of America. They bumped TPAB when I went on holiday to Brisbane, just in the uni housing areas.
>>
>>72006403
>so nothing that has any critical bearing on music...
and /mu/ has 'critical bearing on music'?
>>
>>72006404
that's because big sean is an uninteresting sounding as possible.

>>72006405
didn't you know moonlight isn't any good because it's not a fun movie to watch?
>>
>>72006409
well the level of discussion can be certainly above radio singles

i'm just saying if you're going by popular opinion then bieber and drake are the GOAT. if you're going by critical opinion then that's a different discussion.
>>
>>72006403
>https://www.thoughtco.com/drake-vs-kendrick-lamar-beef-timeline-2857331
did you even read this 'beef timeline'? maybe i just have fonder memories of mid 2000s beef but this is literally nothing, they hardly even name each other
>>
>>72006404
beef is beef senpai. It's generally boring and useless. That Nicki v Remy beef was interesting for like one day until people stopped caring.
Kenny's latest tracks show that he's clearly trying to go at somebody, and is pretty serious about it.
I don't know what point you're even trying to make.
>>
>>72006442
because drake backed off.

You asked for beefs where the person backed off and gave up. I gave them to you. Then you're saying they aren't good enough because they didn't last long enough but that was the entire point.

It's not Nas v Jay. It's Drake saving face before getting bodied by someone way more equipped than him.
>>
>>72006436
>well the level of discussion can be certainly above radio singles
do you only talk to normies IRL about music? you can talk to them about things other than radio singles (at least i do)

>i'm just saying if you're going by popular opinion then bieber and drake are the GOAT. if you're going by critical opinion then that's a different discussion.
critics are regular people too, just because their opinion gets published doesn't somehow make it matter more
>>
File: 1487799644314.png (685KB, 600x723px)
1487799644314.png
685KB, 600x723px
I'm relistening to GKMC right now and I can't just believe how fucking good Art of Peer Pressure is

>I hope the universe love you today
'Cause the energy we bringin' sure to carry away
A flock of positive activists and fill the body with hate

>We made a right, then made a left, then made a right
Then made a left, we was just circlin' life
>>
>>72006468
that's not how you walk in a circle
>>
>>72006464
>because drake backed off.
but he backed off from what? was the control verse suppose to initiate beef with all of
>Jermaine Cole, Big KRIT, Wale
Pusha T, Meek Millz, A$AP Rocky, Drake
Big Sean, Jay Electron', Tyler, Mac Miller
did all these other rappers who never responded also 'back off'?
>>
>>72006468
>I'm relistening to GKMC right now and I can't just believe how fucking good Art of Peer Pressure is
Easily my favourite on GKMC, I am at Poetic Justice right now on a re-listen from S80.
>>
>>72006465
>do you only talk to normies IRL about music? you can talk to them about things other than radio singles (at least i do)
I don't understand the question? if you're asking if i talk to people about things other than music, then yes. what a weird question. i was talking about music because we're on a music board...

>critics are regular people too, just because their opinion gets published doesn't somehow make it matter more
define "matters more." Would you rather take music recs from someone who only listens to top 40 or would you rather take it from someone who puts care and thought into finding interesting music?

and don't take my words as "lel normies are so stupid." there's nothing wrong with liking what you like and people are entitled to like whatever they want. ignorance is different than stupidity.
>>
>>72006468
ONE LUCKY NIGHT WITH THE HOMIES
>>
>>72005152
>When shit hits the fan is you still a fan?

Was Kendrick a prophet?
>>
>>72006534
>Would you rather take music recs from someone who only listens to top 40 or would you rather take it from someone who puts care and thought into finding interesting music?
i'd take recs from either but i don't see your point here, it doesn't take 'care and thought' to find and listen to an album as mainstream as TPAB
>>
>>72006516
Again, you're asking for proof of big beefs which there aren't any, which was the entire point. No one wants to beef with him. Drake did diss him and backed off. It's word for word in the article:

>A year later, Drake backpedaled, complimenting Kendrick Lamar at an OVO Fest performance in Compton, California, home of K. Dot.

I'm not going to argue with you when you just plug your ears at anything that disproves your beliefs, so we're done here if you're not interested in an actual debate.
>>
>>72006582
>an album as mainstream as TPAB

but your entire point earlier was that no one was talking about it or listening to it? you're proving yourself wrong.
>>
>>72006122
You completely missed the actual point of King Kunta. It's the Backseat Freestyle of the album. It's his anthem of vanity throughout the story.
>>
>>72006583
>Again, you're asking for proof of big beefs which there aren't any, which was the entire point. No one wants to beef with him. Drake did diss him and backed off. It's word for word in the article:

>>A year later, Drake backpedaled, complimenting Kendrick Lamar at an OVO Fest performance in Compton, California, home of K. Dot.

> I'm not going to argue with you when you just plug your ears at anything that disproves your beliefs, so we're done here if you're not interested in an actual debate.

this drake diss that you're claiming was towards kendrick doesn't name him at all, it's not obvious at all if it's even directed at anyone

>“F--k any ni--a that’s talking sh-t just to get a reaction / f--k going platinum, I looked at my wrist and it's already platinum / I am the kid with the motor mouth.”

the article can say whatever it wants to get clicks, it doesn't mean it's accurate. the one specific claim that actually mentions kendrick says 'That's all it was. I know good and well that Kendrick's not murdering me, at all, in any platform.'

if you want to stop arguing feel free to stop, but you might as well be saying drake 'backed off' from beefing with XXX because he never responded to him either.
>>
>>72006468
Fuck, does anybody know who does that "yup-yup-yup" ad-lib on both Art of Peer Pressure and The Blacker The Berry?

It is such a fucking earworm and I want to find a dude that did it.
>>
>>72006582
>it doesn't take 'care and thought' to find and listen to an album as mainstream as TPAB
Wasn't your whole point that nobody cares about TPAB and was forgotten?
>>
>>72006618
>You completely missed the actual point of King Kunta. It's the Backseat Freestyle of the album. It's his anthem of vanity throughout the story.
the difference being backseat freestyle is from the POV of a teenager, which is the only part that makes it believable, while king kunta isn't
>>
>>72006634
so he does mention kendrick and kendrick mentions him and then he gives up. and not good enough for you. ok. you asked for beefs where people are soft. so i gave you one. and you said no.

I literally can't convince you since evidence of a giant beef doesn't exist because there isn't one and no one ever claimed there was. you're asking me to prove something that wasn't claimed and doesn't exist.
>>
>>72006664
>Wasn't your whole point that nobody cares about TPAB and was forgotten?
how does that contradict what i said? critics write about albums when they get released, albums can be forgotten afterwards
>>
>>72006705
you just said no one would have to find it because it's mainstream. but if it was forgotten then it wouldn't be mainstream and you would have to look to find it.

why can't you take accountability for what you say?
>>
>>72006734
>>72006734
>you just said no one would have to find it because it's mainstream. but if it was forgotten then it wouldn't be mainstream and you would have to look to find it.
an album can be mainstream for the month it comes out and then be forgotten, how is this confusing?
>>
>>72006774
you can't really be this dense.

I asked if you would rather take a rec from someone who tried to find interesting music and then you responded with TPAB is mainstream.

no one is talking about going back in time to when it was released. we are talking about now. everyone knows that except you. You keep backtracking your argument to hold onto any form of being right even when you're proven wrong. so i ask again, why can't you take accountability for what you say?
>>
>>72006774
Why does being forgotten translate into being bad to you?
>>
>>72006828
>I asked if you would rather take a rec from someone who tried to find interesting music and then you responded with TPAB is mainstream.
and what's wrong with this?

>everyone knows that except you.
why are you pretending like there's someone else in this argument?

> You keep backtracking your argument to hold onto any form of being right even when you're proven wrong. so i ask again, why can't you take accountability for what you say?
because you haven't made any clear point of me being 'wrong'
>>
>>72006849
>Why does being forgotten translate into being bad to you?
where did i say that... are you confusing me with another poster?
>>
>>72006867
>why are you pretending like there's someone else in this argument?
there are other people commenting as well.

>>72006664
>>72006675
>>72006849
as examples.

>and what's wrong with this?
nothing is wrong with that statement in a vacuum but you also claimed no one talks about it and no one cares, so it's mainstream or no one cares about it? which one?

Now you are saying that it was mainstream for the month that it was released but before that you said " I don't remember anyone talking about it a week after it came out"

so which is it?

>because you haven't made any clear point of me being 'wrong'
I've made several, including this post, but please keep plugging your ears and ignoring them.
>>
All 35 of you niggas in here and half of you talking about Kendrick beef that will NEVER come to fruition. Like shut the fuck up niggas god damn
>>
>>72006931
>there are other people commenting as well.
about different things

>so it's mainstream or no one cares about it? which one?
here's an example to clear this up for you since you still seem confused

50 cent's 'get rich or die trying' was mainstream when it came out but no one cares about it anymore

is this still some massive contradiction to you?

>Now you are saying that it was mainstream for the month that it was released but before that you said " I don't remember anyone talking about it a week after it came out"
>so which is it?
a week, i never said TPAB was mainstream for the month, i said 'an album can be mainstream for the month it comes out and then be forgotten'

please learn to read

>I've made several, including this post, but please keep plugging your ears and ignoring them.
repeatedly saying 'you're wrong and not listening' doesn't make it true
>>
Relistener of GKMC here again.

Sing About Me is fucking good but I'm Dying of Thirst is probably the best thing Kendrick has ever done.
>>
YO WAS THE JOEY BADASS LEAK GOOD OR NOT
>>
>>72007042

It was garbage
>>
>>72007042
definitely worth a listen
>>
>>72007042
its much better than B4.DA.$$
>>
>>72007051
>>72007054
>>
>>72007054
>>72007068
Uhh what? Definitely not good and way worse than B4.DA.$$.

Typical pop rap with very shallow lyrics desu. Giant step back from his previous album.

Guess it's still worth a listen but if you don't have that much time listen to the new Freddie Gibbs instead
>>
>>72007068
No.
>>
>>72007101
not an arguement
>>
>>72007111
FUG DONAL TRUM
>>
>>72007027
Since you refuse to be accountable and have an honest and logical discussion I am done.

They aren't different things, I linked you specific examples.

Just because you keep saying "I never said...I'm never wrong" doesn't make it true but please keep changing your stance and refusing to accept anything other than your own opinion.
>>
>>72007100
>Guess it's still worth a listen but if you don't have that much time listen to the new Freddie Gibbs instead
now this is trash, gibbs is literally nothing without madlib, hopefully bandana comes out soon so we can forget about you only live 2wice
>>
>>72007100
I'm actually someone who enjoyed a Gibbs project past Pinata, I thought YOL2 was a fucking 5/10 dude literally 4/8 good songs.
>>
>>72007128
>Since you refuse to be accountable and have an honest and logical discussion
if you say so

> I am done.
ok, but you already said this a few times so i'm having a hard time believing it

>Just because you keep saying "I never said...I'm never wrong" doesn't make it true but please keep changing your stance and refusing to accept anything other than your own opinion.
which stance did i change? there's nothing i'm 'refusing to accept'?
>>
>>72007136
Still better than new Joey
>>
Any of your coons ever listen to his C4 mix tape ?
>>
>>72007035
Dying of Thirst is a masterpiece. I replayed it twice just then. Up to Compton now.
>>
remember the good old days?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UziocaSimyc
>>
>>72007263
Bro the whole Black Hippy mixtape still rides w/ me on my phone.
>>
File: 1479810159992.jpg (139KB, 980x653px) Image search: [Google]
1479810159992.jpg
139KB, 980x653px
>>72007387
even jay rock?
>>
File: leakpost.png (84KB, 1878x243px)
leakpost.png
84KB, 1878x243px
Albums always release around 6 in the morning here in Australia, so chances are it'll drop in about 3 hours.

If it does, and you Amerifats can't listen to it, I'll hook you guys up. Only if the album isn't shit though, wouldn't want to share a shit album with /mu/ :^)
>>
>>72007443
>Only if the album isn't shit though
it probably will be based on Humble
>>
>>72007443
Don't albums just drop at the same time everywhere on the internet?
>>
>>72007602
You'd think so, but not always. Like with Wildflower for example, Americans didn't get the album until like 6 hours after Australians. May have been more than 6 hours, not too sure.

This is all assuming that Apple Music will be the one to drop the album first, which they most likely will.
>>
>>72005536
>>72005567

just the fact that the sample in 'u' almost sounds exactly like kendrick when it's not is amazing

same cadence and same high pitch voice he does,

also, the glitching is godlike when the beat switches. i want to hear more glitchy shit in rap
>>
So I heard its dropping at 11pm east coast
Any truth to that?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_L_hRKUcLzc&t=2m35s

goat flow, specially the "mom dear"-part, it's pretty hard to pull of rhythmically
>>
>>72007692
Idk where you got that information but it aint dropping before midnight (April 7th)
>>
>>72007748
Actually, if it's an Apple thing it'll drop at 11 est
>>
>>72005868
>Clever lyricism =/= good lyricism

just curious, do you consider doom good or clever?
>>
>>72007823

kendrick is good at storytellin and saying very straightforward things in a non-straightforward ways

however,

he doesn't use a lot of wordplay, multiple meanings etc. because he seems to favor the storytellin' and flow above everything else

joey for instance has INSANE wordplay, probably the best in the world, but sometimes are wordplay for wordplays sake without saying much:

>I am not the star? In fact I plan it all
>Fuck what the media write, bitch this is a fire bar
>Please don't leave your comment if you are not up to par
>No names, putting you in a verse that's too far

He does that shit on every track:

>I'm a beast with these flows
>Two birds, one stoned, you get geese’d when trees rolled
>They say I'm evil cause I trained my ego to see gold
>Cause he know, seagulls couldn't see these goals, please

too bad amerikkan badass sucked ass, funny how he wrote better music as a 15 year old
>>
File: shygddt.png (122KB, 500x786px)
shygddt.png
122KB, 500x786px
>>72007134
>>
>>72007194
I did dawg
>>
File: 1480975044531.jpg (126KB, 400x266px)
1480975044531.jpg
126KB, 400x266px
>>72008114
name any song on you only live 2wice that's as good as harold's, deeper, or thuggin'
>>
>>72005122
The hell is this list

GKMC>UU>S80>TPAB
>>
File: gibbs[1].jpg (276KB, 500x500px)
gibbs[1].jpg
276KB, 500x500px
>>72008141
I was referencing

>gibbs is literally nothing without madlib

more than trying to defend YOL2
>>
File: 1300044776986.jpg (17KB, 250x250px)
1300044776986.jpg
17KB, 250x250px
>>72008113
>Welcome to vigilante, 80's so don't you ask me
>I'm hungry, my body's antsy, I rip through your fuckin' pantry
>Peelin' off like a Xanny, examine my orchestra
>Granny said when I'm old enough, I'll be sure to be all I can be
>You niggas Marcus Camby, washed up
>Pussy, fix your panties, I'm Mr. Marcus, you getting fucked, uh
>You ain't heard nothin' harder since Daddy Kane
>Take it in vain, Vicodins couldn't ease the pain
>Lightnin' bolts hit your body, you thought it rained
>Not a cloud in sight, just the shit that I write
>Strong enough to stand in front of a travellin' freight train, are you trained?
>To go against Dracula draggin' the record industry by my fangs
>AK clips, money clips and gold chains
>You walk around with a P90 like it's the 90's
>Bullet to your temple, your homicide'll remind me

>Let's hit the county buildin', gotta cash my check
>Spend it all on a 40-ounce to the neck and
>In retrospect I remember December being the hottest
>Squad cars, neighborhood wars and stolen Mazdas
>I tell you mothafuckas that life is full of hydraulics
>Up and down, get a 64, better know how to drive it
>I'm drivin' on E with no license or registration
>Heart racin', racin' past Johnny because he's racist
>1987, the children of Ronald Reagan raked the leaves off
>Your front porch with a machine blowtorch (I'm really out here, my nigga)
>He blowin' on stress, hopin' to ease the stress (Like, really out here)
>He copping some blow, hopin' that it can stretch
>Newborn massacre, hopping out the passenger
>With calendars, cause your date's comin'
>Run him down and then he gun him down, I'm hopin' that you fast enough
>Even the legs of Michael Johnson don't mean nothin'

>no wordplay

>>72006264
>>72006774
>>72007027
>week
>month
>never said

nigga you went full retard just admit you got caught
>>
>>72008231
the post that says month doesn't refer to TPAB and neither does the post that it's in response to.

the post that says week does refer to TPAB

try again
>>
>>72005451
I don't see how you could possibly something like u, mortal man or king junta forgettable
>>
>>72008231

my bad, guess it was too long ago i listened to that album

i don't recall much wordplay in his latest works though
>>
>>72005451
For me it's How Much A Dollar Cost

The whole song is essentially one single interaction but it's very well done. But overall I think he does a decent amount of storytelling and is descriptive of certain scenarios and ideas throuout the album.
>>
>>72008274
because all the lyrics are narcistic brag raps about kendrick. he's not as big as he thinks he is, so bravado raps just don't stick. on section 80 and gkmc he wrote stories about characters other than himself, which is why they were so much more memorable. plus the beats on TPAB are just boring versions of thundercat and flying lotus
>>
>>72008260
oh I'm sorry i didn't see you were arguing about some shit that don't matter since it doesn't relate to TPAB then why you even say it?
>>
>>72008329
>oh I'm sorry i didn't see you were arguing about some shit that don't matter since it doesn't relate to TPAB then why you even say it?
because the person i was replying to didn't understand how an album that is mainstream upon release can eventually become forgotten
>>
>>72008316
we get it bro you don't like kendrick shut the fuck up about bragging rap why are you still here

name rappers you do like so i can shit on them bragging
>>
>>72008346
pretty sure he did, you just kept arguing that it was forgotten while calling it mainstream at the same time.

you're wrong either way bro it's not forgotten now so idk what your point is
>>
>>72008348
>>72008316

all good rap is bragging rap, it's part of it

it's like complaining about rock n roll being about sex, drugs & women
>>
>>72008369
exactly thank u
>>
>>72008348
>we get it bro you don't like kendrick shut the fuck up about bragging rap why are you still here
was i supposed to leave for some reason?

>name rappers you do like so i can shit on them bragging
like i already said multiple times, i'm not against bragging, but you better have something to back it up with (which kendrick doesn't)

>>72008364
>pretty sure he did, you just kept arguing that it was forgotten while calling it mainstream at the same time.
but he didn't, that's why he kept bringing up the point over and over again

>>72008369
>all good rap is bragging rap, it's part of it
where's the bragging on The Roots albums? did you only start listening to hip-hop like a year ago? how do you not know good non-brag rap?
>>
>>72008400
>where's the bragging on The Roots albums? did you only start listening to hip-hop like a year ago? how do you not know good non-brag rap?

oh no, here comes the one example to prove me wrong when i'm right in the other 95% cases. you got me brother

only an autist would think i literally meant EVERY SINGLE ALBUM

of course there's exceptions, but look at the, say the 10 greatest rap albums of all time, and most of them will contain a fair bit of bragging
>>
>>72008433
>oh no, here comes the one example to prove me wrong when i'm right in the other 95% cases. you got me brother
>only an autist would think i literally meant EVERY SINGLE ALBUM
why didn't you just say 'most'? do we really need to go over what the word 'all' means?

if the only rap you know is brag rap you probably haven't heard much hip hop

>of course there's exceptions, but look at the, say the 10 greatest rap albums of all time, and most of them will contain a fair bit of bragging
obviously depends on your 10 albums...
>>
>>72008433
also it makes more sense now that you wank over TPAB if all you listen to is brag rap
>>
>>72008400
> have something to back it up with
what does that even mean? what a subjective bullshit thing to say. fuck off.

yes leave because you don't even like kendrick. you're just in here acting like a fucking twat with opinions and nothing to back them up. talking a lot of shit and saying nothing

no he brought up the point over and over again because your argument was fucking retarded since it hasn't been forgotten. you just kept changing criteria for what you deem is acceptable.

you're a little bitch arent you fucking faggot

Doin It again is a complete bragging song by the roots so shut the fuck up.
>>
>>72008466

lets just drop the semantics, there's no point

>obviously depends on your 10 albums...

yes, but if we're discussing GENERAL things that's true about a genre, we'd probably use the top 10 that's GENERALLY considered the best, or else we'd just get in a fight of subjectivity (i guess that's called a discussion)
>>
File: preppintoendyou.png (3MB, 1920x1080px)
preppintoendyou.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
>>72008400
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjyt-nOuoKM

wasn't hard
>>
>>72008492

i don't wank over TPAB, probably another guy buddy

i only like 2-3 songs. GKMC is far superior
>>
>>72008503
>yes leave because you don't even like kendrick.
now i know you don't know how to read. section 80 and gkmc both fit in my top 50 hip-hop albums

>you're a little bitch arent you fucking faggot
yes

>Doin It again is a complete bragging song by the roots so shut the fuck up.
oh here we go lemme get it: oh no, here comes the one example to prove me wrong when i'm right in the other 95% cases. you got me brother
>>
>if the only rap you know is brag rap you probably haven't heard much hip hop

stop acting so fucking self-righteous because you listen to lesser known, non-mainstream band, fuck off
>>
>>72008520
>lets just drop the semantics, there's no point
agreed

>yes, but if we're discussing GENERAL things that's true about a genre, we'd probably use the top 10 that's GENERALLY considered the best, or else we'd just get in a fight of subjectivity (i guess that's called a discussion)
well if you keep working around this idea of the GENERALLY accepted top 10 why don't you just list it so we can actually work with something concrete?
>>
>>72008557
>stop acting so fucking self-righteous because you listen to lesser known, non-mainstream band, fuck off
there's plenty of well known, mainstream rap that isn't brag rap

this is why it's obvious you haven't been listening to hip-hop for very long
>>
WILL IT LEAK LADS?
>>
>>72008562

if use googles "top 10 hip hop albums" which is based on peoples searches etc you have 10/10 albums full of bragging

top 20 as well

it's so heavily ingrained in hip hop you can't really argue this one
>>
>>72008575

give me 3 then, if there's plenty
>>
>>72008623
like i said, give a concrete list or stop playing with hypotheticals
>>
>>72008582
>implying it's even coming out within the next few days
>>
>>72008644

it's a pretty general list

compare it to any other list from a reputable magazine or whatever and you'll get similar albums
>>
>>72008658

what if he meant next year? :^)
>>
File: lel.jpg (15KB, 293x245px)
lel.jpg
15KB, 293x245px
>>72008691
Imagine the butthurt

>If shit hit the fan is you still a fan
>>
>>72008691
well Top mentioned a K.Dot album this year followed by 3 of his other artists which hints an early year release but there's been some major assumptions made about this April 7 date
>>
>>72008637
mos def, outkast, the roots, a tribe called quest, common...

have you never heard conscious rap? what are you even arguing this for?
>>
>>72008668
>it's a pretty general list
still a hypothetical

why not just list 10?
>>
YO JUST GOT WORD FROM MY HOMIE DOWN AT NORTHWOOD AVE THAT KENNY FINNA DO A SURPRISE PERFORMANCE @COMPTON TO RELEASE HIS NEXT ALBUM

13 HOURS BOYS
>>
>>72008747
there's no way he would specifically mention april 7th at the end of the first song he released in months and it mean nothing

seems pretty obvious the album is dropping on april 7th
>>
>>72008753

>mos def, outkast, the roots, a tribe called quest, common...

if kendrick is brag rap, so is mos def. what the fuck are you talking about?

outkast bragged for their entire first album and still continued to do so until they broke up on a few songs every album
(big boi brags on almost every song)

the roots, has a few ones already mentioned but they are pretty light, true

same with tribe but they brag and here and there

common, why did u bring this up lmao
>>
>>72004995
Your shit xD
>>
>>72008799
>no way
>seems pretty obvious the album is dropping on april 7th

lol damn, there's an idiom about "assume" that might become very relevant for a lot of people tonight
>>
>>72008532
i asked you to list your favorite rappers so i could shit on them for bragging and you refused

you posted an example and i answered you and you responded with some other posters words.

holy shit you are so afraid of being wrong you fucking pussy.

s80 is one of your favorite albums and it's the most braggy kendrick one. fuck off you retard.

>>72008753
all of those brag. are you fucking stupid?
if your answer is they aren't all about bragging, neither is TPAB as your bro outlined in >>72006269.

list your favorite rappers or albums so i can shit on them or shut the fuck up if you're too afraid.
>>
>>72008575
have you noticed that everyone in this thread thinks you're full of shit bro? just quit

>omg i like kendrick gkmc s80 but he sucks because he brags and can't back it up
>le real hip hop pls don't talk about being good at what you do
>>
>>72005122
>>72008171
How could TPAB possibly be at the bottom of your lists
>>
>>72008862
>>72008753

agree with this, you hold kendrick to some super high standard where if he says something positive about himself ONE time he's a bragging rapper, but give everyone else a pass

just compare "Return of the "G" by Outkast, it's a very kendrick-type song, masking itself as a gangster anthem when it's the opposite, it's "concious" and contains bragging at the same time
>>
>>72008857
well what other logic would there be to mentioning a specific date?

clearly something is supposed to happen on april 7th whether it's an album or not
>>
>yfw when it will be a Kendrick / Death Grips collab album
>>
>>72008902

it's just hit me how similar this song is to most of kendricks work

* it masks itself as something it's not like many kendrick songs
* it criticizes the gangster lifestyle while also embracing it, similar to kendrick
* heavy storytelling
* heavy imagery mixed with raw, hard hitting, straight forward lines
* "weird" rhythmically flows

i know kendrick likes outkast so it wouldn't surprise me if this song in particular was a big influence to him
>>
>>72005324
The original mix of I fucking sucks the album version is 10× better
>>
>>72009018
I COMPLETELY DISAGREE WITH YOU
>>
>>72005386
>an annoying, poorly mixed beat
The beats annoying it's not poorly mixed I think
>an outdated beyonce lemonade-tier video
Subjective but I think there's a point to the video
>no quotable lyrics
"I'm so fucking sick and tired of the Photoshop"
"My left stroke juat went viral"
>>
>>72008862
>i asked you to list your favorite rappers so i could shit on them for bragging and you refused
where?

>holy shit you are so afraid of being wrong you fucking pussy.
posting this doesn't make you any more convincing

>s80 is one of your favorite albums and it's the most braggy kendrick one. fuck off you retard.
go re-read the lyrics to TPAB again

>all of those brag. are you fucking stupid?
if you can't tell the difference between an occasional brag and kendrick's 'i run the game' and pretending he's the new MLK i don't know what to tell you

>list your favorite rappers or albums so i can shit on them or shut the fuck up if you're too afraid.
why do you think i care about your opinion? feel free to shit on these:
here go nuts man : MBDTF, SSLP, MMLP , Pinata, Fishscale, Beg For Mercy, Mista Thug Isolation, ATLiens, Habits & Contradictions, Ki-Oku, Life of a Savage 3, Dr. Octagon, Do You Want More?!!!??!
as far as recent rap goes, 2016 was awful but for 2017 Tha God Fahim's all that's stood out so far

>>72008893
>have you noticed that everyone in this thread thinks you're full of shit bro? just quit
oh i forgot i was supposed to care about you and one other guy's opinion about me... damn....

>>72008898
because it's by far his worst and least inspired album
>>
>>72008919
>well what other logic would there be to mentioning a specific date

maybe an actually good single. maybe a letter or movie or some other type of media. maybe an album trailer with tracklist and cover art.

idk what's the point of getting hyped about an unconfirmed album release. especially when there's no cover art or tracklist revealed even 24hours ahead of time.

I'd be happy to be wrong but I'm listening to other artists today like I would any other day. I'm enjoying the music we already have.
>>
>>72008902
>agree with this, you hold kendrick to some super high standard where if he says something positive about himself ONE time he's a bragging rapper, but give everyone else a pass
but i don't, he brags occasionally on section 80 but not enough to make it obnoxious. it's essentially all he does on TPAB, and he does it with such hyperbole that it's just plain boring
>>
>>72008963
>mfw
>>
>>72009125
t. hasn't listened to TPAB
>>
>>72009078
>"My left stroke juat went viral"
it's truly a sad time that people think this is a good lyric
>>
>>72009116
>idk what's the point of getting hyped about an unconfirmed album release

what's the point in existing desu
>>
>>72009153
t. listened to it a handful of times and even re-listened to half of it just for the sake of posting why it's bad in this thread
>>
>>72009125
>>72009165

>it's essentially all he does on TPAB

t. hasn't listened to 'u'
>>
>>72009114

>where?
right here fucktard. don't tell people they need to read when you can't even do it
>>72008348

looking at your response to re-read TPAB and your list of albums holy shit you are delusional. He doesn't say he's the new MLK or ever asserts that opinion you fucking jackass.

MBDTF: bragging - the album. seriously dude he brags the entire time. it's about being extravagant and awesome. this shit is fucking ridiculous.

Pinata - BRAGGING THE SEQUEL. it's a mob album literally about being a gangsta and fucking bragging.

MMLP and SSLP - Em is the king of talking shit to other people and bragging are you fucking joking.

Fishscale - GFK again bragging the album #3.

ATLiens - already covered by the dude above me

Habits and Contradictions - ScHoolboy Q is a bragging rapper about how awesome he is and how he moves dope and shit. you are fucking dumb

you are a huge unselfaware hypocritical moron. fuck off faggot.
>>
>>72009160
>>
>>72009205
you still seem deluded with the idea that i think bragging is inherently bad...

feel free to point out where i said that
>>
>>72009125
>section 80 but not enough to make it obnoxious
>hyperbole

>IM GOIN BIG SUCK MY DICK IM GOING BIG SUCK MY DICK

>HE DEAD I KILT HIM RIGAMORTUS

>PUSSY FIX YOUR PANTIES IM MR MARCUS YOU GETTIN FUCKED
>>
>>72009240
why are you such a fucking faggot?

you literally can't hold to one single thing you say holy shit you are a pussy

bragging is ok except when kendrick does it then? he's the only one who isnt' allowed to do it for some arbitrary reason?
>>
>>72009201
or institutionalised, or momma, or the blacker the berry. That's just the ones where he's being negative about himself, and quite a lot of the time that he does brag it's ironic or in the context of this negativity. Other times he's talking about society or other people etc
>>
>>72009271
>why are you such a fucking faggot?
you got me

>you literally can't hold to one single thing you say holy shit you are a pussy
i haven't contradicted myself once, all i've done is refuted you over and over

> he's the only one who isnt' allowed to do it for some arbitrary reason?
i already said why, it's because he has nothing to back it up with
>>
>>72009286
what do you mean nothing to back it up?

that statement means nothing. provide an example of what it takes to back it up?

you havent refuted shit other than post your hypocritical opinion over and over while everyone disagrees with you
>>
>>72009286

>he has nothing to back it up with

>made two of the most critically acclaimed albums of the decade
>>
>>72009286
kendrick is a better rapper than Q or Freddie Gibbs (at least - and he's definitely a better *rapper* than kanye), and you give a pass to them on bragging? Why don't they have to back it up to get a pass from you?
>>
>>72009312
don't bother. he doesn't have any reason other than "i just don't like it and i can't tell you why"
>>
>>72009311
>what do you mean nothing to back it up?
as in it's wholly unconvincing when he says it, kendrick's a bad actor.

>provide an example of what it takes to back it up?
i've already posted several albums that you think are brag albums, go listen to those

>you havent refuted shit other than post your hypocritical opinion over and over while everyone disagrees with you
there's the mythical 'everyone' again, try speaking for yourself
>>
>>72005386
>"show my something natural like ass with the stretch marks"
>>
>>72009346
>>"show my something natural like ass with the stretch marks"
do you unironically think that's a good lyric?
>>
>>72009329
>kendrick is a better rapper than Q or Freddie Gibbs
was*
pinata blows TPAB out of the water
>>
>>72009371
> cherry-picking
>>
>>72009339
>as in it's wholly unconvincing when he says it, kendrick's a bad actor.
in what way? there is no way for you to substantiate this claim.

>go listen to those
already have dumbass. you think Ye is convincing when he talks about coming after people while wearing his fucking 180 dollar t-shirt in the hospital with his reality tv wife next to him?

>there's the mythical 'everyone' again, try speaking for yourself
you are literally a retard if you can't see multiple arguing against you. you dumb fuck
>>
>>72009312
>muh critics
damn... not an arguement
>>
>>72009361

the guy he quoted didn't say "good" lyric, he said *memorable*

>>72009371

lolno
>>
>>72009379
>cherry-picking
alright, here's another cherry
pinata blows untitled unmastered out of the water
>>
>>72009371
that wasn't the claim, #1.
#2, if you're saying "was" going by chronology, YOL2 is shit. so you're still wrong.
>>
>>72009386
do you unironically think that's a memorable lyric?
>>
>>72009401
i mean ignoring what I said about Q and kanye
>>
>>72009405
>#2, if you're saying "was" going by chronology, YOL2 is shit. so you're still wrong.
but i'm not, YOL2 is still better than TPAB

next?
>>
>>72009383

so what the fuck is an argument to you then? he's a great rapper, a great lyricist, his albums have great production, critics love him, he has sold millions, his youtube videos get 10mil views in a day, his music has been sung at public protests, he met our last fucking president...what the fuck is "backing it up" to you?
>>
>>72009401
OMG HOT OPINION>

B-Sides album isn't as good as a full length Madlib LP

good one

>>72009383
here we are again with your arbitrary definitions of success so that no one can prove you wrong since you don't hold a position at all
>>
>>72009419
TLOP is better than TPAB
so is H&C
>>
>>72009414

yes

it gets stuck in your head
>>
>>72009430
hahahaha I love Q but that's so wrong
you can't just say things are better without backing it up
>>
>>72009430

>TLOP is better than TPAB

looooooooool

tell me you're trolling
>>
>>72009425
>so what the fuck is an argument to you then? he's a great rapper, a great lyricist, his albums have great production, critics love him, he has sold millions, his youtube videos get 10mil views in a day, his music has been sung at public protests, he met our last fucking president...what the fuck is "backing it up" to you?
he was a great rapper, he was a great lyricist, and his albums had great production

they no longer do, which is the issue

i don't care about youtube views, if that's the best you can offer that's pretty weak
>>
>>72009448
>you can't just say things are better without backing it up
yet you are? remember when you said "kendrick is a better rapper than Q or Freddie Gibbs (at least - and he's definitely a better *rapper* than kanye)" without backing it up?

>>72009449
i don't troll
>>
>>72009430
>>72009448

oh and kanye's rapping on TLOP is awful, the worst in his career
>>
File: 1483938266252.jpg (7KB, 244x250px)
1483938266252.jpg
7KB, 244x250px
>>72005152
>Kendrick going full Kanye
>>
>>72009470
>oh and kanye's rapping on TLOP is awful, the worst in his career
i agree

still better than TPAB.
>>
>>72009488
when it comes to bragging in rap we have to be talking about their rapping seriously dude stop posting
>>
>>72009420
>>72009425
he doesn't have an argument he's just saying shit now.

there is no objective way that YOL2 is better you're just saying that so you aren't wrong.

let's again list the ways:

1. other rappers can brag but not kendrick because he "doesn't sound convincing." - literally no way to substantiate that.
2. likes s80 even though he brags more on that than TPAB then says TPAB is hyperbolic but ignores hyperbole on s80
3. says kendrick thinks hes MLK when never said that
>>
>>72009426
>here we are again with your arbitrary definitions of success so that no one can prove you wrong since you don't hold a position at all
if critical success is your definition of success then you're essentially a p4k drone and don't hold a position either, you just hold the position of others
>>
>>72009451

>they no longer do

so what does that invalidate the fact that they ever did?? because that would imply that dozens of rappers who have great albums but fell off aren't actually great rappers, which is retarded.
>>
>>72009451
his lyrical level is the same as its ever been.

your argument about production is just personal subjective opinion.

no one is talking about youtube but ok.
>>
>>72009500
>when it comes to bragging in rap we have to be talking about their rapping seriously dude stop posting
why?

>>72009502
>1. other rappers can brag but not kendrick because he "doesn't sound convincing." - literally no way to substantiate that.
with your ears...

>2. likes s80 even though he brags more on that than TPAB
wrong again,

>3. says kendrick thinks hes MLK when never said that
weird it's almost like thinking is different than saying... who would have thought these two different words mean different things
>>
>>72009488
im triggered so heres (You)
>>
>>72009503
no one is talking about p4k so not sure why you keep bringing it up other than to divert attention from your shitty argument with a strawman.
>>
>>72009526
>his lyrical level is the same as its ever been.
TPAB is utterly forgettable, and you can tell his lyrical level has dropped because the vocals are mixed lower and lower than previous albums. he has nothing to say and he knows it, which is why he doesn't say anything.

>your argument about production is just personal subjective opinion.
production value is only subjective to a certain extent

>no one is talking about youtube but ok.
the post literally says ' his youtube videos get 10mil views in a day'

can you not read?
>>
i honestly think this will be

Control: The Album

full of shots all the top rappers, braggadocious, and controversial as fuck

at least i hope :)
>>
>>72009542
no one's talking about critics opinions either, except you, so i don't know why you keep bringing them up other than to divert attention from you not being able to form your own opinion
>>
>>72009528
you are a troll.

>with your ears
subjective and doesn't provide proof of anything. i think your ears are shitty.

>wrong again
how? provide proof and quit just saying opinions

how can you substantiate what he thinks? are you psychic?
>>
>>72009504
>so what does that invalidate the fact that they ever did??
no, why would you think it does?
>>
>>72008963
Don't get my hopes up you piece of shit.
>>
>>72009569
>you are a troll.
i'm not trolling, your name-calling is about the lowest form of arguementation imaginable.

>subjective and doesn't provide proof of anything. i think your ears are shitty.
damn... good one...

>how? provide proof and quit just saying opinions
lyrics are widely available online, go read them
>>
>>72009552
>he has nothing to say and he knows it, which is why he doesn't say anything.
it's the most thematic of all his albums so wrong

>>72009561
are you retarded or can you not see you are talking to more than one person?
>can you not read
>>
>>72009569
>how can you substantiate what he thinks? are you psychic?
by how he acts...
>>
>>72009604
>it's the most thematic of all his albums so wrong
'most thematic' means nothing without detailing these supposed themes

>are you retarded or can you not see you are talking to more than one person?
you're the only one bringing up critics, or maybe someone else is and you all blend together because i keep refuting you one by one, i don't know because there's no IDs in this thread
>>
>>72009596
>lyrics are widely available online, go read them
would say the same to you about TPAB being more braggy so that isn't an argument.

you are literally trolling. it's not an argument. you are doing it.
>>
>>72009630
calling people a troll doesn't give your non-argument any more weight, just a tip
>>
>>72009610
how does he act?
>>72009626
neither does saying he's bragging so why are you using that argument

>refuting
don't think you know what that means. avoiding is not the same thing you hypocrit
>>
>>72009648
>how does he act?
like he thinks he's MLK

>neither does saying he's bragging so why are you using that argument
i've already listed about a half dozen of his unbackupable brags from TPAB, you can scroll up

>don't think you know what that means. avoiding is not the same thing you hypocrit
i know exactly what refuting is, if there's a point you think i've avoided feel free to repeat it so i can refute it for you
>>
>>72009641
being a hypocrit doesn't do anything for yours either so.
>>
>>72009673
it would help if you could spell hypocrite properly
>>
>>72009575

because that's what you're implying

you admitted Kendrick used to be great yet somehow are saying he still has to "back up" what he's rapping about now

I don't understand what you mean
>>
>>72009672
>how does he act?
>like he thinks he's MLK
wow substantial.

>if there's a point you think i've avoided feel free to repeat it so i can refute it for you
see above

>i've already listed about a half dozen of his unbackupable brags from TPAB, you can scroll up
and TPABs theme has been listed too so again,why are you using that argument
>>
>>72009683
it would help if you could spell arguementation properly >>72009596
>>
>>72009696
>because that's what you're implying
i'm not, re-read my post

>you admitted Kendrick used to be great yet somehow are saying he still has to "back up" what he's rapping about now
you cant make an album as bland as TPAB while rapping over it, an immediate comparison that comes to mind is any of Jay-Z's post-retirement albums
>>
>ITT: 56 niggas arguing about Kendrick albums
wew
>>
>>72009702
>and TPABs theme has been listed too so again,why are you using that argument
wrong, there's a post claiming the existence of some 'complex themes' but goes into no detail.

next?
>>
>>72009734
your argument has literally devolved into "i don't like it because i don't like it and no one can convince me otherwise."
>>
>>72009672

can you reply to these two please
>>72009201
>>72009283
>>
>>72009723
not an arguement.
>>
>>72009755
i've already posted detailed analyses of why those tracks are mediocre in the thread, scroll up
>>
>>72009734

>as bland as TPAB

lol okay dude

show me 3 fucking albums that sound anything like TPAB

and I know you're gonna post something from ATCQ, so don't, because that would be flat-out wrong. you're the type of dude who thinks that because TPAB has some jazzy parts, Kendrick just stole jazz rap from the classics, but that's not true at all. GKMC and S80 are way more bland than TPAB
>>
>>72009750

>>72005592
k
>>
>>72009751
this is nothing about me liking it, it's about the severe lack of quality of TPAB. someone could convince me to like it but it won't make the album any better
>>
>>72009769
>show me 3 fucking albums that sound anything like TPAB
i said bland, not generic. and go listen to thundercat and flying lotus if you want similar instrumentals.
>>
>>72009768
i don't care if you think they're mediocre at this point, they are not bragging, which refutes your claim that 'all he does on TPAB is brag'
>>
>>72009758
same to >>72009683, again hypocritE
>>
>>72009787
they're mediocre because of the bragging, scroll up.
>>
>>72009785

>i said bland, not generic

what the fuck is the differene
>>
>>72009770
dealing with fame is not a complex theme...
>>
>>72009795
he doesn't brag on those tracks
>>
>>72009777
right..your reasoning for saying it has a lack of quality is that you don't like it. there is no other reason.

>>72009795
>>72009787
give up on the bragging. he has a double standard that can't be proven wrong because it isn't anything other than a personal preference.
>>
>>72009802
https://encrypted.google.com/search?hl=en&q=bland
>lacking strong features or characteristics and therefore uninteresting.

https://encrypted.google.com/search?hl=en&q=generic
>characteristic relating to a class or group of things; not specific.

how old are you that i have to explain the difference of these words to you...
>>
>>72009818
and being a coke dealer and pimp isn't but you still like Pinata. again, hypocrite.
>>
>>72009818
MBDTF is about dealing with fame you hypocrite
>>
>>72009827
>right..your reasoning for saying it has a lack of quality is that you don't like it. there is no other reason.
not at all, the lack of quality is because of the sub-par production, lyrical non-excellence and repetitiveness of the album. not because 'i don't like it'
>>
>>72009850
>and being a coke dealer and pimp isn't but you still like Pinata. again, hypocrite.
wow it's almost like i said pinata had complex themes somewhere... oh wait...

>>72009854
>MBDTF is about dealing with fame you hypocrite
wow it's almost like i said pinata had MBDTF somewhere... oh wait...

do you even know what hypocrite means?
>>
>>72009832

TPAB is neither bland nor uninteresting
>>
What will the album be called ?
>>
>>72009769
do you really think ATCQ sound anywhere near as bad as TPAB? maybe on their newest album but not on any of their pre-reunion albums
>>
>>72009918

the beats on ATCQ albums are basic as fuck in comparison to TPAB

in fact the beats on their newest album are the best they've done and much more comparable
>>
>>72009864
you can't prove any of those things you tried and failed.
>sub-par production
personal preference
>lyrical non-excellence
already been refuted
>repetitiveness
again personal preference

>>72009892
uhhh you said those are great albums but then say TPAB is not because it isn't complex lyrically and thematically

if lyricism and theme is required for an album to be good, then your criteria disqualifies your own albums you like, thus making you a hypocrite.
>>
File: C8Ge3ljXgAIU7zn.jpg (108KB, 858x553px) Image search: [Google]
C8Ge3ljXgAIU7zn.jpg
108KB, 858x553px
>Fuck white people
>Let the whites die
damn, such complex themes...
>>
>>72009956

looks like school just got let out
>>
>>72009950
do you really equate quality with complexity? go listen to some prog...
>>
>>72009956
not the theme, as has already been discussed. thx
>>
>>72009953
>you can't prove any of those things you tried and failed.
i already have several times in this thread

production is not entirely subjective

the only lyrics people have pointed to are some meme lyrics about a left swing that they probably read in a p4k review
>>
>>72009977

I never said that. but I do believe that stripped back "electronic drumbeat and a simple looped sample" is pretty boring in comparison to live instrumentation, layered samples, experimental electronics etc.
>>
>>72009953
>uhhh you said those are great albums but then say TPAB is not because it isn't complex lyrically and thematically
but TPAB has several other inherent flaws which Pinata and MBDTF don't (i.e. they have better production and beats and features)

>if lyricism and theme is required for an album to be good, then your criteria disqualifies your own albums you like, thus making you a hypocrite.
not a hypocrite, see above.
>>
>>72010011
then why are you complaining about the theme and lyricism if it isn't a factor?

>better production and beats and features
again, personal preference

>production is not entirely subjective
in what way?
>>
>>72010037
do you not know how to read? please quote ANY post i've made that says theme and lyricism aren't factors.
>>
>>72010048
see >>72010011
where you said that lyricism and theme don't disqualify albums from being good.
>>
>>72005491
Thats a cool ass gorilla
>>
>>72010077
>where you said that lyricism and theme don't disqualify albums from being good.
so they are factors... is english not your first language?
>>
>>72010155
>is english not your first language?
>your name-calling is about the lowest form of arguementation imaginable.
hypocrite

Okay, but they do not disqualify the album. neither of those two albums have those things, yet you like them for subjective reasons:
>better production and beats and features

Therefore, since the deciding factor is subjective and personal preference, then you disqualify TPAB from being a good album based on personal preference.
>>
>>72009998
you can't keep moving the goalposts from TPAB to a single from an album that hasn't even been released yet
>>
>>72010225
>hypocrite
'is english not your first language?' contains no name-calling

>Okay, but they do not disqualify the album. neither of those two albums have those things, yet you like them for subjective reasons:
for the 10th time, these reasons are not subjective, even if you claim them to be so
>>
>>72010242
>you can't keep moving the goalposts from TPAB to a single from an album that hasn't even been released yet
all of my refutations apply to all his material released post-GKMC
>>
>>72010248
>'is english not your first language?' contains no name-calling
it's a derogatory sentence meant to insult, so don't be pedantic.

>these reasons are not subjective, even if you claim them to be so
I asked you in what way here: >>72010037
and you declined to respond.
>>
>>72010264
can you post some bad lyrics from TPAB, so we can see what you think count as bad lyrics?
>>
>>72010277
>it's a derogatory sentence meant to insult, so don't be pedantic.
irregardless of whether you interpret it as an insult or not, it's a sidenote to my refutation that you've avoided.

>I asked you in what way here: >>72010037
>and you declined to respond.
if you can't accept that there is objectively bad production (i.e. clipping) then none of this debate matters
>>
>>72010287
>can you post some bad lyrics from TPAB, so we can see what you think count as bad lyrics?
pick any song.
>>
>>72010311
How Much A Dollar Cost

though
>inb4 cherrypicking
>>
>>72010299
>sidenote to my refutation that you've avoided
I didn't avoid it. I broke your argument down logically here: >>72010225

>if you can't accept that there is objectively bad production (i.e. clipping) then none of this debate matters
That would be mastering, but as far as I can recall, TPAB does not have any clipping, however MBDTF contains plenty (All of the Lights, Monster, etc) so again your criteria disqualify your own albums, thus making you a hypocrite.
>>
>>72010327
what about it? go read the horrible lyrics, then go listen to section80 or gkmc and realize how much better he used to be
>>
>>72010357
I asked you to post some lyrics, you asked me to pick a song, please post the lyrics from that song you think are bad, and we'll see if we agree
>>
>>72010350
>That would be mastering, but as far as I can recall, TPAB does not have any clipping, however MBDTF contains plenty (All of the Lights, Monster, etc) so again your criteria disqualify your own albums, thus making you a hypocrite.
you still seem to think that a single sub-par factor 'disqualifies' an album (whatever that means). the issue with TPAB is manyfold:
extremely poor lyricism, worse than his all previous releases
watered down thundercat and flying lotus beats
overly repetitive
none of the features fit in or contribute anything to the music
the list goes on...

>>72010390
>I asked you to post some lyrics, you asked me to pick a song, please post the lyrics from that song you think are bad, and we'll see if we agree
https://genius.com/Kendrick-lamar-how-much-a-dollar-cost-lyrics
>>
60 poster, 370 replies

Why is /mu/ so terrible?
>>
>>72010403
please post a few representative lines and explain to us why they are bad. Or would you like me to pick a different song if you're going to be a child?
>>
>>72010424
Better to have an actual conversation with 60 people than 300 people spamming MUH BLACK POWER in every Kendrick thread
>>
>>72010451
you can pick any song you want
>>
HOLY SHIT CHECK APPLE MUSIC RIGHT NOW

ALBUM JUST FUCKING DROPPED
>>
>>72010403
You aren't being logical. You said that lyricism and theme was a factor, however it was concluded by you that Pinata, MBDTF and TPAB all fall short in this category. So those can't disqualify the album.

You then said that they were good because they have better production and beats and features. I then asked what qualifies as better production and you said no clipping. So I pointed out that while Pinata and TPAB meet this criteria, MBDTF doesn't, so that can't be a reason to dislike TPAB over those two.

Then you avoided this line of thinking to again be subjective. Just say that you don't like the album because you don't like it. No one is saying you have to like the album, rather we are saying your reasons stated for disliking it are false.
>>
>>72010505
>however it was concluded by you that Pinata, MBDTF and TPAB all fall short in this category.
???
why are you making things up?
>>
>>72010515
you said that right here. >>72009892
>>
>>72010541
where in that post does it say that MBDTF and pinata fall short in the categories of lyricism and theme?

be specific.
>>
>>72010471
I picked one. If you don't post some lines you think are bad, with an explanation of why they're bad, then I'll take that as you admitting that you don't know anything about music or that HMADC has such good lyrics that you can't find bad ones.
>>
FUCK FUCK FUCK

CHECK KTT GUYS, ALBUM LEAKED
>>
>>72010595
>I'll take that as you admitting that you don't know anything about music or that HMADC has such good lyrics that you can't find bad ones.
please do so.
>>
>>72010561
>wow it's almost like i said pinata had complex themes somewhere... oh wait...
this implies that it too does not have a complex theme which would mean it falls short. If that does not mean it falls short, then TPAB does not fall short either based on that.

You are being pedantic again in order to try and avoid being caught in your own argument.

You are still even avoiding >>72010451 this anon's claim. Why do you keep avoiding everything?
>>
File: 1486445097311.jpg (29KB, 640x480px)
1486445097311.jpg
29KB, 640x480px
>>72010497
>mfw its real
>>
>>72010497
nice bait
>>
>>72010606
>this implies that it too does not have a complex theme which would mean it falls short.
wrong, it implies that i never said pinata had complex themes.

how hard is this for you?
>>
>>72010624
Quit avoiding what you are saying by being pedantic.

Does Pinata have complex themes or not?
>>
>>72010646
>Does Pinata have complex themes or not?
why does it matter, we're talking about TPAB aren't we?

why do you keep moving the goalposts?
>>
>>72010655
I'm not, I'm trying to figure out your criteria since you are being hypocritical. Just answer the question, why do you keep avoiding it?

>why does it matter, we're talking about TPAB aren't we?
We are but you already know that and you know why I'm asking the question.
>>
>>72007263
i remember watching this everyday
>>
>>72010688
it doesn't matter how many times you baselessly call me hypocritical, it doesn't make it true, it just fills your post with filler text, sort of reminding me of how kendrick fills TPAB with filler
>>
>>72010723
It's not baseless as shown here: >>72009953
>>72010225
>>72010350
>>72010505.

Why won't you answer the question?

Does Pinata have complex themes or not?
>>
>>72010763
>Why won't you answer the question?
because it's irrelevant

>Does Pinata have complex themes or not?
no

can we go back to TPAB now or do you want to keep the goalposts over here?
>>
>>72010820
It's not irrelevant.

>can we go back to TPAB now
Yes, so now that we've come to this conclusion, I'd like you to respond to my post here: >>72010505 which you disregarded by saying I was making up you stating that Pinata had no complex themes. We've now proven that your claim that I made them up was untrue, and that you do believe that there are not complex themes in Pinata.
>>
>>72010877
>We've now proven that your claim that I made them up was untrue
but my claim was true, i only made the claim here in my most recent post
>>72010820
how is this difficult for you to understand? your strawmen don't stand up to any inquiry

>You aren't being logical. You said that lyricism and theme was a factor, however it was concluded by you that Pinata, MBDTF and TPAB all fall short in this category. So those can't disqualify the album.
you haven't made it clear what 'disqualify' even implies here

>So I pointed out that while Pinata and TPAB meet this criteria, MBDTF doesn't, so that can't be a reason to dislike TPAB over those two.
clipping was an example, and is not the only criteria in production, i've already wrote about the beats which are lackluster compared to section80 and gkmc several times

>Then you avoided this line of thinking to again be subjective.
what does this mean? all of my posts refuting various arguments have been constructed purely on objective reasoning.

>Just say that you don't like the album because you don't like it.
i've already done this

>rather we are saying your reasons stated for disliking it are false.
how so?
>>
>>72010952
>strawman
In what way is it a strawman? I'm not building your argument up in a false light?

>disqualify
As in it is not a good album in your standards

>clipping was an example, and is not the only criteria in production, i've already wrote about the beats which are lackluster compared to section80 and gkmc several times
but your example was hypocritical since MBDTF has clipping on a much larger scale than TPAB. Also your take on the beats was that they are bland which is subjective as interesting or uninteresting is different depending on who you ask.

>constructed purely on objective reasoning
see above. Your objective arguments have been hypocritical.

>i've already done this
You have not yet admitted that your dislike for TPAB is based on personal preference and not objective evidence.
>>
>>72011024
>In what way is it a strawman? I'm not building your argument up in a false light?
you said 'We've now proven that your claim that I made them up was untrue'. your claim was that i stated pinata had no complex themes. i stated pinata had no complex themes after you made the claim, so my claim that you made them up was true.

>As in it is not a good album in your standards
why are you bringing up my standards? i'm only using objective reasoning

>but your example was hypocritical since MBDTF has clipping on a much larger scale than TPAB. Also your take on the beats was that they are bland which is subjective as interesting or uninteresting is different depending on who you ask.
where did i say TPAB had clipping?

>see above. Your objective arguments have been hypocritical.
you've made the claim that something is hypocritical about a dozen times without backing it up. can you see why your posts don't stand up to any further questioning?

>You have not yet admitted that your dislike for TPAB is based on personal preference and not objective evidence.
i will now admit that I personally dislike TPAB. my previous posts in this thread justify why TPAB is an objectively bad album, not why i dislike it.
Thread posts: 397
Thread images: 35

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.