[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

real opinions on slipknot theyre not even bad what say you

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 6

File: allhopeisgone.jpg (40KB, 316x316px) Image search: [Google]
allhopeisgone.jpg
40KB, 316x316px
real opinions on slipknot
theyre not even bad
what say you
>>
They fucking suck now but all of their first 4 albums are at least 7/10
>>
Their first two albums were better, now they have too much buttrock influence
>>
better than radiohead
>>
File: okidiot.jpg (43KB, 720x579px) Image search: [Google]
okidiot.jpg
43KB, 720x579px
>>71995286
>>
>>71995172
This album is nine years old. I was in 7th grade when this came out.
>>
File: 1422574102631.png (200KB, 600x451px) Image search: [Google]
1422574102631.png
200KB, 600x451px
>>71995172
>Slipknot - 10/10, pure insanity
>Iowa - 8/10, amazing follow up
>Vol 3 - 7/10, strange fucking turn
>All Hope is gone - 2/10, ohgodwhy.jpg
>.5 Gray Chapter - 5/10, well at least they're gonna tour
>>
i like iowa
first album is ok
all hope is gone is bad but have a couple of good songs
the other two are completely garbage
>>
People = Shit is fun as fuck, and I like Vol. 3 for nostalgia reasons

that's it really
>>
>>71996729
>pure insanity
the absolute madman
>>
>>71995172
Used to like them when I was 10. They're bad, not terrible but bad (my favorite album was Mate. Feed. Kill. Repeat). Their best albums are only 5's but they do have some good songs.
>>
first 4 albums were good, I stopped listening after that but apparently it's all downhill from there
>>
Their first album and Vol 3 are their best.
I liked when they were influenced by horror movies n shit, some of their first album songs are genuinely unsettling at times
>>
>>71996785
>first 4 albums were good
>all downhil from there
>5 albums total
holy shit anon at least try not to be a complete moron
>>
I have nostalgia from when i was a kid, and i think corey taylor is an underrated vocalist.
But they are pretty plebe tier.

My favorite song is my plague

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ndQJtAkf5QY
>>
>>71996826
the only unsettling thing in slipknot is the fact they need 9 guys to make bad music
>>
>>71995172
Ok, so I don't really care much about them honestly. They aren't bad. I LOVE playing them on Rock Band when my little sister wants to play that still. They're fun on drums and good energy.
I was in 7th grade for their Volume 3 album, and I liked it decently, I owned it at least.

Most of the reason to dislike them is their association with edgy annoying people who wear monster hats and do motocross.

As a band? Not bad.
I actually found a cute russian girl who loved them, it surprised me, because she was pretty trendy in her taste, most of it would be /mu/ approved if that makes sense without sounding shallow, but because she's from Russia and just heard this 'foreign' music as foreign music, without the social connections Americans make to it, she just saw it as quality music, and likes it.

Just my thoughts.
>>
File: 1488335527140.jpg (13KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1488335527140.jpg
13KB, 600x600px
>>71996870
>>
>>71996841
This isn't even Slipknot
>>
>>71996882
its true though
they could make the same shit with only their drummer, their guitarists and the vocalist
they don't even need to bother with the bass, the lines are bad to non-existent
>>
>>71995172
The only albums I've heard from Slipknot are All Hope Is Gone and Iowa. Iowa is pretty fucking guuci, but AHIG is pretty trash. Good thing I bought it for like a dollar in the bargain bin.
>>
>>71995172
i can respect them
they were probably the most experimental mainstream rock band after the beatles and radiohead, and definitely the most abrasive one
>>
> If you're 555, then I'm 666

What did they mean by this?
>>
>>71997600
his individual superiority to the common man extends even to mathematical and biblical dimensions
>>
First 3 albums have aged pretty well compared to a lot of their peers and I like Jim Root's approach to guitar bit I see why metalfags hate them.
>>
>>71996878
>because she's from Russia and just heard this 'foreign' music as foreign music, without the social connections Americans make to it, she just saw it as quality music, and likes it.

pretty much sums it up.
good first three albums, we hate them just because of the image etc.
>>
File: bogs.jpg (88KB, 500x552px) Image search: [Google]
bogs.jpg
88KB, 500x552px
>>71996729
iowa is much more insane than the st
>>
File: 1466474807488.png (165KB, 639x462px) Image search: [Google]
1466474807488.png
165KB, 639x462px
>>71999196
eternal debate, but for me Slipknot is way more demented
>(sic)
>Eyeless
>Tattered & Torn
>Scissors
not even mentioning the horror movie skit
>>
i guess im the odd man out here but i think all hope is gone isn't bad :/
>>
They're meh.
>>
>>71996670
....I was a freshman in college.
>>
I like them
Early stuff and All Hope Is Gone is cool
The snippet of music at the end of Before I Forget should've been a whole song tho
>>
>>71996826
Throw me some of the unsettling stuff famalam
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.