[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/mu/, opinions on this album?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

File: sprainedankle_julienbaker.jpg (148KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
sprainedankle_julienbaker.jpg
148KB, 1200x1200px
>>
I really like it. Can't wait for the next one.
>>
>>71992856
if i asked her on a romantic date would she say yes?
>>
>>71993324
If you a girl
>>
>>71992856
One of my favorites tbqh
>>
Discovered it in January, listened to it about 40 times since then. One of those albums that was sorely missing from my library but I never knew.

I really love her voice and she seems like a properly chill dude. Shame she isn't as qt in real life as she is in the album cover.
>>
it's pretty good. I can't really relate, I never reached that level of stupidity with all the drugs and suicide attempts

Talked with a guy who knew her before she released this and it was a pretty poor town from what he said. Only thing to do was drugs
>>
I've really enjoyed this record, along with Funeral Pyre. Curious to see what she'll do next.
>>
I love it. You just know she listened to dashboard confessional.
>>
Great. I discovered Something and was hooked.
>>
File: verygood.jpg (27KB, 512x397px) Image search: [Google]
verygood.jpg
27KB, 512x397px
it's great
>>
Very sweet and melancholic, I like it.
>>
v good
>>
It's so boring I listen to it as I'm going to sleep.
>>
not that good, quite boring and empty
>>
love it, her covers are amazing as well

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9uxT0z-TDEk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0SIqyp3GLd0
>>
Very good, but I'm concerned that with how personal it is, she may have exhausted her ideas on this first album.
>>
i'm surprised to how much this album is liked here

i like it too
i wish she'd record an album with full band though
>>
>>71993765
Nigga she from Memphis, I know alot of people there that know her.

My brother who lives in Memphis has meet her at a few different parties and said she got mad at him because she thought he was hitting on her. My brother was pissed because, 1. she is ugly and 2. he is gay.

I recently met some people who were in her last band, Star Killers (later become forriester), and they told me she recorded some songs with Andy Hull which I really want to hear.
>>
i like it, happy to see all the positive responses. whenever i bring up this album, or julie byrne or wye oak on this board, for whatever reason i get flamed hard.
>>
What about listen to some good singer songwriters like Clare Maguire and Fiona Apple.

Plebs. This shit is boring
>>
>>71997195
Wye Oak is awful
>>
>>71992856
It's nice desu, I found her through NPR Tinydesk and it was a good change because like 80% of tinydesk concerts are trash.

I usually don't go for this genre of music but I play her shit in the background from time to time.
>>
>>71995640
asshole
>>
File: autismisthebestism.jpg (67KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
autismisthebestism.jpg
67KB, 1024x1024px
>>71992856
the type of bitch to throw gum in your hair for not paying enough attention to her
>>
>>71992856
She's a good songwriter but she has a bad case of "contemporary white girl voice". Keeps her songs from having enough charm to really stand their own like that IMO.

Either her delivery is gonna have to mature a bit or she'll have to get more ambitious with the instrumentation to really make a mark.
>>
Surprisingly, the Christian themes don't bother me, it's a damn good piece of work. Her Audio Tree session is really good.
>>
I really like Blacktop.

It's very bleak and hollow sounding, but completely full of emotion
>>
>>71992856
literally hi-fi grouper
>>
>>71998818
>She's a good songwriter but she has a bad case of "contemporary white girl voice". Keeps her songs from having enough charm to really stand their own like that IMO.
I call it "pseudo-black soul diva voice". It seems that Aretha Franklin killed modern female vocalists. If you can imitate or have a voice in a realm of hers, you're set. And you're also incredibly boring to listen to, because it has been done before.
>>
>>71993723
Same for me. Her music really drew me in; I'm going to see her later this month, opening for the decemberists
>>
It's really great. I've seen her live at a music festival one, she was good but kind of awkward.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.