[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw every post punk album sounds like shit after this What

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: Turn_on_the_bright_lights.jpg (15KB, 800x500px) Image search: [Google]
Turn_on_the_bright_lights.jpg
15KB, 800x500px
>tfw every post punk album sounds like shit after this

What went so right? Why their later albums werent very good?
>>
>>71985091
u have bad taste
>>
This album continues to impress we all the time. I have no idea how to unpack why it's as good as it is.
>>
>>71985091
silent alarm, alligator and boxer came out after this.
>>
>>71985091
Post Punk Revival a shit
>>
>>71985260
and they were all cringey garbage with terrible lyrics
>>
>>71985338
>she can read she can read
WOW AMAZING LYRICS
>>
>>71985091
listen to Agent Intellect
>>
>>71985338
interpol dont exactly have peak post punk lyrics
>>
>>71985338
if there is one thing that those albums are better than totbl at, is the lyrics

you're retarded and dont know shit about music
>>
>>71985338
>cringey garbage
A criticism that says absolutely nothing
>terrible lyrics
A total copout

Come back when you can express yourself.
>>
>>71985091
>Why their later albums werent very good?
They had mediocre a album, like your English.
>>
>>71985454
>>71985450
keep reading Bukowski and reveling in your useless art degree you fucking idiots. Matt Berninger is the worst lyricist in all of Post-Punk and while Paul Banks didn't strike gold after TOTBL his BEE schtick really elevated the early days of the bands to a satirical masterpiece lyrically.
>>
>>71985091
pleb

I even like this album
>>
>>71985569
>his BEE schtick really elevated the early days of the bands to a satirical masterpiece lyrically.
are you trying to say you enjoy them ironically
fucking hell
>>
>>71985644
Paul Banks exaggerates the mental process of a coked-out yuppie asshole on TOTBL. That's why the lyrics seem so maximalist and trashy sometimes. Matt Berninger is just a whiny loser who read too much Bukowski.
>>
It's because the golden age of post-punk died around 1985, everything after that was just its influences

actually, this makes me want to listen to This Heat now
>>
It's got absolutely nothing I look to post-punk for, and apart from the singer sort of sounding like Ian Curtis I don't know why it gets lumped in there. It's just an average-good rock record that I forgot about along with every Kaiser Chiefs and Franz Ferdinand and Strokes and VHS or Beta album I ever heard. 100% do not understand.
>>
>>71985091
I hope you mean every post-punk album *released* after this
>>
>>71985719
>its bad on purpose
w0w that changes everything
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.