[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

8th grade kid plays Van Halen--Eruption

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

File: hqdefault.jpg (9KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
9KB, 480x360px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c2WHk4C9OTg

I thought this was supposed to be the most insane, technical guitar solo of all time, but a fucking child can play it?

Is Eddie Van Halen an overrated hack?
>>
Maybe the child is good at guitar
>>
>>71970188
>I thought this was supposed to be the most insane, technical guitar solo of all time

What is this, /r/music?
>>
Eruption is actually pretty easy. You can learn it really a few minutes because it's essentially alternating finger-taps. Van Halen always used it as a warm-up exercise and the record producer guys or whatever thought it was cool so they out it in the album.
>>
It sounded innovative in 1978 I guess.
>>
>>71970559
This, the hardest part is actually the intro.
>>
The only reason Eruption is popular is because it sounds hard to play, but any 8th grader can play it. Which they do. It's just a guitar meme.
>>
>>71970188
And he sucks ass at playing it wtf. Literally "middle schooler has only been playing for a year" -the talent show performance
>>
>>71970572
I mean, really. The first two VH albums were mindblowing back when people were used to sluggish boogie riffs and singing about space journeys.
>>
The intro to Atomic Punk is much harder than this shit.
>>
>>71970625
Yeah it just sounds good as heck
>>
>>71970668
>The only reason Eruption is popular is because it sounds hard to play, but any 8th grader can play it. Which they do.
THIS
>>
Roth and Eddie were like Lennon and McCartney. They worked wonders together, but by themselves they were a joke.
>>
>>71970188
>the most insane, technical guitar solo of all time

Only if you have been listening for guitar music for just two months and your favorite guitarist is Slash.
>>
File: full.jpg (35KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
full.jpg
35KB, 600x450px
>>71970188
Playing's not a big deal, composing you own stuff is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EUxmII-hCD4
>>
File: christgau1med.jpg (18KB, 400x266px) Image search: [Google]
christgau1med.jpg
18KB, 400x266px
Van Halen [Warner Bros., 1978]

For some reason, Warners wants us to know that this is the biggest bar band in the San Fernando Valley. That's an understatement. All new bands start as bar bands unless they're Boston. The term becomes honorific when the music belongs in a bar. This music belongs on an aircraft carrier. C+

Van Halen II [Warner Bros., 1979]

Let it never be known that popular styles don't evolve--in the wake of Kiss and Boston, this is heavy metal that's pure, fast, and clean with a minimum of myoptheia and bombast, and the guitar features are defined just as that. So how come pure formalists don't love the shit out of these guys? Not because they're into dominating women, that's for sure. B-
>>
>>71970687
Some tracks like Little Dreamer still have a 70s boogie riff thing on them.
>>
>>71970188
He should be wearing some jeans
>>
>>71971533
Yeah that's probably the most 70s track on there.
>>
File: talented hack(ett).jpg (55KB, 700x410px) Image search: [Google]
talented hack(ett).jpg
55KB, 700x410px
>>71970188
>I thought this was supposed to be the most insane, technical guitar solo of all time, but a fucking child can play it?
>>
>>71971834
what are stand out tracks for him though? Genesis is without question my favorite prog band, esp. when Gabriel was the singer, but hackett never seemed to me as a stand out guitarist.
>>
>>71971960
Same.
Try listening to Firth of Fifth, The Return of the Giant Hogweed, and Supper's Ready (particularly Ikhnaton and Itsacon and Their Band of Merry Men). He's got pretty stand-out tapping guitar solos there, years before Van Hacklen did it.
>>
>>71971978
Jimi Hendrix was doing tapping a decade before Van Halen, also Judas Priest began using it on Stained Class which was recorded and released almost simultaneously with the first VH album.
>>
>>71971960
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQaGCNGgfe4

Now this is what I'd call one of the best guitar solos of all time. Nothing to do with cheesy Eruption wankery.
>>
>>71970188

8th grader that looks to be in his twenties
>>
>>71971978
dude, I know those songs very well, I play bass and rutherford imo is a stand out bass player which is why I know the songs so well.

>>71972566
maybe I just dont understand blooz/soulful type of solos. and what makes them attractive.
>>
>>71970188
The tapping part everyone knows isn't hard, the rest of it that nobody plays is fucking impossible
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.