[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

All Lights Fucked on the Hairy Amp Drooling

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

We have to find it, lads.
>>
>>71968507
I have like 30 copies of that anon
>>
>>
has anyone ever asked one of the members like Efrim or Thierry or Sophie about the tape? like in an interview?
>>
it's probably just some shitty noise and random guitar riffs
>>
>>71968683
>When asked about the album in a 2010 interview, Efrim Menuck stated that All Lights is a vocal rock album that bears little relation to the band's later work, and that he "keep[s] expecting it's gonna pop up [on the internet] but it never does".[5] In another interview, Menuck stated that the album was a 4-track recording.[6]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/All_Lights_Fucked_on_the_Hairy_Amp_Drooling
>>
I wonder what Casketjack did with his copy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vRIHNgwH0PE
>>
>>71968773
I thought this was confirmed fake. If he has it then he'd put it on eBay for some ridiculous amount.
>>
>>71968864
I hadn't heard either way. seemed pretty legit, especially the packaging photos. Also he seemed pretty scared about the legal ramifications as well as harassment from redditors, so he might have just realized it wasn't worth the hassle/risk
>>
>>71968920
Nah it's literally a parody of Holiday In Cambodia. It is not legit in the slightest.

I don't understand why a band member wouldn't have a copy. That's actually unbelievable. It is very common for artists to intentional suppress their work and I even talked to Justin Pearson about it. They do not want it heard but they have very little legal recourse if someone finds it. For starters they have no other first option than to issue a cease and desist
If course by that time it would be too late.
>>
One of the most famous examples was Kubrick intentionally suppressing Fear and Desire which is common knowledge.
>>
>>71968622
???
>>
>>71968622
What is this shit?
>>
>>71968622
This looks seriously unsettling.
>>
>>71968622
im running this through audacity and im trying to export it as a .txt file. i just need to mess around with the settings to get this right. i might be on to something here
>>
>>71968622
wow, it feels great to listen to it after all these years
>>
File: Untitled.png (466KB, 942x750px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
466KB, 942x750px
>>71969274
>>71970664
>>71970705
>>71971032
>>71971058
Its a magic eye that says BENIS

http://magiceye.ecksdee.co.uk/
>>
>>71971196
lmao
>>
>>71971032
just cross your eyes
>>
>>71968507
https://mega.nz/#!m55THQQT!N5bU_ZbMoA5rUAGw6BW3HhulALbnyMo3SVyqnuC1sEg
>>
>>71970705
freud would like to have a word with you
>>
File: 1487694921286.png (486KB, 557x557px) Image search: [Google]
1487694921286.png
486KB, 557x557px
>>71971244
hmm...
>>
>>71968622
wtf is Ben
>>
>>71971244
thought that was going to be the confirmed fake bootleg
>>
>>71968622
it says 'BENIS'
>>
i don't think there is any substantial information supporting where it was sold. assuming it was maybe after a show during a later Godspeed gig and they never repressed it because of it not being very related to their current lineup and projects as Godspeed. maybe Efrim caught some negative feedback from it and they just decided to distance themselves from all lights fucked and move on; consider it a failed project, etc. today Godspeed has international popularity so now this crappy cassette that didn't do the band any justice back then is suddenly now a deeply-sought collector's item. i can see why Efrim would find it frustrating. so we're not going to see any help from him on getting this released, and that is literally the best shot of it ever being heard.

moving on to the circulated copies: the only people who own it are likely distant friends of the band or just random people who picked it up at a show, considered it unremarkable, and tossed it in a box with the rest of their cassettes to be lost to time forever. i think the only hope is one of those people rediscovering it in an attic or someone finding it in a dollar store.

when Efrim talks about a copy being locked up in the constellation vault he's probably talking about the original reel-to-reel, not a dubbed copy of the cassettes they sold. so assuming all 33 copies entered circulation, consider how many ended up in bargain bins and changed hands within the first few years, how many ended up in boxes in attics, how many were destroyed, other assorted happenings, and then figure what's left is probably only 2-3 copies that are owned by somebody who really knows they own it and what it is worth: the value residing strictly in the fact that nobody can hear it.

so to come to a conclusion: you're never going to hear All Lights Fucked and that's fine because it's crap.
>>
>>71971473
ben15
>>
That guy on Reddit had a copy a couple years back that was as close to legit as anyone's gotten so far. He didn't seem to have any idea what it was and was getting ready to meet with people to have it digitally converted but his account got spammed by autists so he pulled the plug on the whole thing.

Google it, it wasn't too long ago.
>>
probably the most underwhelming album ever
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.