[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

*deletes For Free? and cuts out the poem*

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: To Pimp a Butterfly.jpg (68KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
To Pimp a Butterfly.jpg
68KB, 500x500px
*deletes For Free? and cuts out the poem*
>>
>>71965704
Way to ruin it fag.
>>
>>71965704
>cuts out the poem
This. Never understoof how Kendrick doesn't get called out on being corny.
>>
>>71966165
Corny? you mean creative, you know there's a reason why artist are scared to try anything different with there albums, cause of shallow cunts like you.
>>
>>71966262
BTFO
>>
>>71966165
It would be ok if it was confined to a single interlude, but "unfolding" it over the whole album gets grating on like the 5th time you hear "I REMEMBER YOU WOZ CONFLICTED"

The beats and songs themselves are fucking great though. I used to be a GKMC dude and didn't get TPAB when it released, mostly because it starts kind of weird, but I'm slowly warming up to it.
>>
>>71966262
>t. corny cringey fag
>>
>>71965704
for free is the best song on that mediocre and forgettable album
>>
>deletes album and listens to untitled unmastered instead
>>
THIS. DICK. AIN'T. FREEEE
>>
So I'm listening to blacker than a berry and Kendrick pointing out he's a hypocrite because of the things he's done and talking about black on black crime. But what does that have to do with anything? the trayvon martin attack was racially motivated so what does that have to do with anything. Even if Kendrick wasn't such a Cunt it would have no reason to bring it up with trayvon because that wouldn't have stopped it
>>
>>71966277
The point is that the poem developes with his thought process as he goes through many phases and experiences in each song.

The development is perfect, and the way it ties in with the song titles at the very end, wew i hadn't had a "wow" moment in an album since then
>>
>>71966962
He's talking about how it's hypocritical to commit black on black crime but then gett up in arms when someone who isn't black kills a black kid
>>
>>71966986
I respect and understand your point, but I still think that the many inclusions of it sacrifice the coherence and novelty of a great album to further the concept.

I'm alright when a concept album calls back to an earlier song/uses leitmotifs, but the poem seemed to push it a bit too far for my tastes.
>>
>>71967086
I can't believe so many people can't understand things so simple, its like they don't even read the fcking lyrics or something.
>>
>>71965704
fuck off
>>
>>71966319
>hey guys look I used "t." totally memed you
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.