[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was funk rock a mistake?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5

File: primus.jpg (58KB, 600x591px) Image search: [Google]
primus.jpg
58KB, 600x591px
Was funk rock a mistake?
>>
File: Infectious_the_plague.jpg (30KB, 301x300px) Image search: [Google]
Infectious_the_plague.jpg
30KB, 301x300px
Fuck no!
>>
That album is amazing though
>>
>>71963027
This bass player is now in _________?

https://youtu.be/HRdRqlZiTD8
>>
Primus sucks.
>>
>>71962988
it was a harmless experiment. the real crimes were rap-rock and white ska/reggae
>>
File: 6AwPQKfO.jpg (144KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
6AwPQKfO.jpg
144KB, 900x900px
>>71963027
>I sang for Aqueduct Pocket
https://youtu.be/8Qf-orInoOw
>>
File: swigetyswooty.jpg (7KB, 236x214px) Image search: [Google]
swigetyswooty.jpg
7KB, 236x214px
No, in fact we need more of it.
>>
File: Primus_Green_Naugahyde[1].jpg (134KB, 497x447px) Image search: [Google]
Primus_Green_Naugahyde[1].jpg
134KB, 497x447px
Underrated album, I love the drums in Primus.
>>
les claypool, flea, and thundercat meat on the streat, who survives?
>>
>>71963196
oh add bootsy collins of course

who survives?
>>
>>71963150
revival when?
right now of course
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bSFHfXqhL6w
>>
>>71963027
myyyyy niigaaaaaa

YOU LIE! AND YO BREATH STANK!
>>
>>71963388
For fucks sake anon this wasn't supposed to be a cringe thread
>>
Anything else that sounds like My Name is Mud?
>>
>>71962988
>lol there's lots of bass so it must be funk

Dumbass
>>
>>71963565
From Primus?
>>
>>71963565
Just listen to Primus. Pork Soda is a great album all the way through.
>>
>>71963565
The rest of Primus' output. I like the band but they get pretty samey after awhile.
>>
>>71963084
TALLICA
>>
>>71963919
Really? Frizzle Fry, Pork Soda and Brown Album are all pretty different. Tales From The Punchbowl is also pretty unique.
>>
>>71963441
nothing cringe about that tune my guy
>>
>>71964012
Really? I just posted it in 2 facebook group chats and all my friends laughing at it.

Except one guy who is in both groups. I checked his profile and he has that band liked. FUcking kek
>>
>>71964072
not that it was an amazing song but you sound like a dickhead
>>
>>71964072
yeah really, your friends are probably fags, and you too if you're on this whole le cringe xD meme train
the bass on that track is fucking tight and their whole style is completely unapologetic in a way that "people on this whole le cringe xD meme train" wouldn't get
>>
>>71964108
>i don't like something you like
>i must be a dickhead

Wew lad
>>
>>71964110
>me and my friends have different taste than you
>must be gay
>can't make an argument without mentioning memes

Gr8 post m8. You do understand that a song can have a great bassline as still be shit right?
>>
>>71964148
>can't make an argument without mentioning memes
tbf you were the first to bring up that cringe thing, and i just happen to think it's become pretty stale for a major aspect of chan culture, just like trolling back in the day
>You do understand that a song can have a great bassline as still be shit right?
sure, but well we're in a primus thread after all so that came to mind. that comment was more supposed to draw your attention to the bands' musicianship in general, which is pretty respectable imo. they know what they're doing in this sense and in terms of self-awareness like i already pointed out, which what r/cringe-bait uniformly lacks. that's about as far as my case for them goes though, it's not like the greatest thing ever either
>>
>>71962988
Primus is poo rock
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.