[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Musical Confessional

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4

File: Wu-Tang-Clan-Enter-The-Wu-Tang.jpg (107KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
Wu-Tang-Clan-Enter-The-Wu-Tang.jpg
107KB, 800x800px
Say things that you're ashamed/embarassed/otherwise feel guilty about musically.

>I consider myself a huge fan of hip hop music but I've never listened to any Wu-Tang, Nas, Tupac, Biggie albums, or the majority of rap artists from the 90s.
>>
File: blurryfaggot.png (72KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
blurryfaggot.png
72KB, 300x300px
I love this album.
>>
you got into hip hop because of mbdtf or kendrick. most of this board has so dont worry
>>
>>71953499
actually it was eminem who really got me into hip hop, which is also a thing i am kinda embarassed about
>>
>>71953479
this is actually the most pleb album of the decade
>>
>>71953819
as long as its pre encore eminem then its okay to start with
>>
>>71953479
Heavydirtysoul is a banger
The rest is shit
>>
>>71953472

Preparing for triggering

>I just really dont like radiohead
>>
>>71954019
kys reddit no one cares
>>71953472
"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""hip hop fan"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""
>>71953479
meme

I guess anco is the worst offender, otherwise some classic rock is pretty embarassing aswell
>>
>>71954019
edgy
>>
The first time i heard the description of a "rockist" i realized that I am the human embodiment of the term

>albums more valuable and artistically credible than singles
>a performer who does not write or arrange their own material does not have any artistic credibility

How are these things not standard beliefs of any serious music fan
>>
>>71953472
Blur>>>>>>>Gorillaz
>>
>I think music that does not express strong emotions is not music
>>
>>71953472
Don't be embarrassed about it, just give a listen to some of those albums. IMO you should start with Ready to Die, I think it's the most fun and immediately accessible of those artists' albums personally.
>>
I believe that quality of production or performance means shit because true musical mastery lies in rhythm and invention. and the more these are accidental the more valuable is music.
>>
>>71953472
Coheed and Cambria is one of my favorite bands and they created my favorite album.
>>
File: IMG_0425.jpg (50KB, 480x432px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0425.jpg
50KB, 480x432px
I love TOP's albums. Blurryface, Vessel, Regional at Best, and their Self-Titled
>>
>>71954952
not OP, but where should I go from there?
>>
I think Master P made some great records back in the day
>>
>>71953499
it was gambino for me, same vein as those two though

>came out in 2010s
>hip-hop
>very popular record, now kinda memey
>underlying message or narrative
>>
one thing im a bit ashamed of is i will judge music before even hearing it, based on who it is popular with
>>
>>71955293
From there I think you could go pretty easily to Things Fall Apart, Enter the 36 Chambers, Illmatic,or Aquemini. Maybe in that order? But I don't think it particularly matters. That's a pretty good next set of albums.
>>
>>71954765
This is true
>>
I really enjoy listening to ATMOSPHERE
>>
File: slavoj.jpg (56KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
slavoj.jpg
56KB, 640x480px
>>71954046
>Liking reddithead
Just go back
>>71954714
The album format is just an arbitrary construct per the technology at the time.
What's wrong with just being a performer? A performer makes artistic decisions.
>>
>>71953819
Will Smith got me into rap, doesn't mean I have to feel bad when I listen to Scarface or Black Moon.
>>
I listen to a lot of synthwave
>>
I never pay for music.
>>
>>71955941
What is wrong with an album? A compilation of songs with a coherent artistic direction that conveys themes and ideas of a certain phase of an artist's career.
>>
>>71953472
I have trouble paying attention to an album for more than 20 minutes when I listen to it for the first time.
>>
you should be so ashamed
>>
>>71957030
Why would you? Will Smith is a classic, niggas just get mad bc his shit was clean. Doesn't mean he couldn't ride a flow or tell a story. A year hasn't gone by that I haven't had a barbecue with Summertime playing, but maybe that's just because I'm from Philly and we all love Fresh Prince.
>>
All I listened to for the first 14 years of my life was the blue album and make believe
>>
>>71953472
>I consider myself a huge fan of hip hop music but I've never listened to any Wu-Tang, Nas, Tupac, Biggie albums, or the majority of rap artists from the 90s.
Same, only I've listened to the album in your OP and really enjoyed it.

>I've never gone to a single live concert in my life. I want to change that though.
>Traditionally, I used to not be able to get into anything that were more experimental and less overtly poppy, like early Grimes or A Sunny Day in Glasgow, but thankfully, my music tastes have shifted to the point where I love more experimental groups. But I still have a long way to go since I haven't checked out anything truly avant-garde yet.
>I barely understand the meaning of the word, "poptimist."
>>
>>71953472
I really like a lot of pop-punk. partly nostalgia, but when I listen to certain songs by blink-182 or the offspring I can't help but genuinely enjoy it. I consider offspring's conspiracy of one to be one of the better albums ever made
>>
>>71954765
truth
>>
>>71957217
There's nothing wrong with albums. You're definition is certainly a positive one. But they came about via limitations of the vinyl format rather than an artistic decision.
>>
>>71955373
I do this. In the same vain sometimes if someone asks me what music I've been listening to lately sometimes I panic and just say what /mu/'s been posting even if I haven't heard it because I assume it's good or, at the least, will make me seem like I have good taste. Then I'll be guilty and listen to it afterwards
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.