[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

IT DOESN'T HURT ME

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 6

File: IMG_8133.jpg (31KB, 600x538px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8133.jpg
31KB, 600x538px
IT DOESN'T HURT ME
>>
I want Kate Bush to sit on my face.
>>
YOU WANNA FEEL HOW IT FEELS?
>>
>>71949883
if only we could be as passionate about life as this anon is about kate bush sitting on his face
>>
>>71949190
(ay ay oh oh)
>>
AND IF I ONLY COULD
>>
Could never understand the hype. Boring pop music
>>
>>71952233
faggot
>>
<3
>>
>>71949190
I prefer the futureheads version. It's fucking mint.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fcMAM9B7yAA
>>
>>71952233
literally some of the only not boring pop music
>>
The Morning Fog is the greatest vaporwave song ever written.
>>
>>71954011
jk it's not the greatest but it's real damn good. If she released Hounds now it would be like a vaporwave masterpiece though.
>>
>>71951484
I'D MAKE A DEAL WITH GOD
>>
>>71954011
THE LIGHT
OM DOM DEA DOM DOO
BEGIN TO BLEED
OM DOM DEA DOM DOO
BEGIN TO BREATHE
OM DOM DEA DOM DOO
BEGIN TO SPEAK
OM DOM DEA DOM DOM DEE DOM DOO
>>
>>71952233
Well it is pop music, however instead of themes like "I want you" or "you dumped me" the themes are more like "I read a book about Wilhelm Reich and think it probably would have been pretty crazy to be his son, don't you?" or "what if I was at a party and started dancing with Hitler only I didn't know it was Hitler?" or "imagine me as Houdini's assistant and also his lover."

Not to mention that the arrangements feature, in addition to the standard pop features of synthesizer and guitar: synthesized string sections, distorted vocal samples, marimbas, balalaikas, synthesized choirs, real choirs, drum machines, real drums, conga drums, samples taken from tv ads, fretless bass, xylophone, the list goes on

oh, also, basically every song features, in addition to the main melody, at least one and up to three counter-melodies
>>
>>71954650
It's obviously a lot more than "boring pop music." There are extensive ambient sections, an entire Celtic folk piece, gregorian chants and sweeping string arrangements everywhere.

Anyone that thinks Hounds of Love is just another pop album doesn't really understand music at all.
>>
>>71952233
you can always spot an insecure child with ease because they seem to have a pathological need to specify the genre of everything they post about
>>
>>71954650
can you explain what a counter-melody is to a pleb
>>
>>71955086
>>71954650

within the context of this album
>>
File: audrey.gif (2MB, 500x381px) Image search: [Google]
audrey.gif
2MB, 500x381px
>>71955086
I'm no genius but like imagine someone singing a melody. Well the human voice can only sing one pitch or song at a time. So if you layer vocal melodies or any kind of melodies really you can get some really cool interaction between the layers of melodies which create different harmonies and stuff. Animal Collective are super great at this.
>>
File: Kate-Bush.jpg (356KB, 1744x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Kate-Bush.jpg
356KB, 1744x1280px
>>71956671
i meant word not song
>>
I want Kate Bush to sit on my ass
>>
>>71956708
ASS TO ASS
>>
I STILL DREAM OF ORGONON
>>
>>71949883
i want kate bush to sit on this guy's face
>>
>>71956671
>>71956697
What's difference between just vocal melodies and counter melodies. It almost sounds like they're synonyms but I'm guessing that's probably not the case right. Are vocal melodies a form of a counter melody?
>>
>>71954774
You forgot the part where she has a duet with a reversed and distorted recording of herself over a minimalist arrangement composed with her Fairlight over a synth bass.
>>
>>71957287
Just listen to the vocal work on Taste from MPP and you'll see what anon means.
>>
>>71957286
thank you
>>
>>71955086
melody played simultaneous with the more prominent melody
an example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AVUADDz3JLU
what Holst does here is have a repeating melody (the jaunty one played first by sax) then at around 0:50 he layers a different, more lyrical one underneath it (played by euphoniums)

>>71957287
vocal melodies are the melody. the countermelody to a vocal melody can either be played by an instrument or sung as well
>>
>>71957542
>>71957860
thanks guys
>>
Wake up, child! Pay attention!
>>
>>71957888
Panda Bear is a fucking god when it comes to layering vocal melodies.

Also, checked.
>>
>>71957989
thus
>>
This album is so good
>>
>>71957888
if you want to see the fullest extent of what someone can do with countermelodies, look up Bach's fugues, where he takes a simple melodic idea then layers it on top of each other four times in an extremely intricate way that makes each melodic line completely independent from one another past the common melodic fragment, all while abiding by specific rules that govern how each line interacts with the others around it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ddbxFi3-UO4
>>
I want Kate to sit on my face
>>
I too want Kate Bush to sit on my face
>>
File: 1.jpg (24KB, 852x480px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
24KB, 852x480px
>TFW I love Kate Bush but can't understand her lyrics because of how high her voice is
>>
>>71960564
I can see that for her earlier albums, but for her mid-later ones like Hounds she uses her lower register a lot more to the point where I wouldn't say she's a high pitched singer at all.
>>
>>71949883
>Kate Bush never had a daughter
all that talent
and it won't be passed down
>>
>>71960604
yeah I mean The Kick Inside and shit
>>
File: giphy.gif (2MB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
2MB, 400x225px
>>71960604
>young high pitched Kate was never in a musical and only appeared on like two movie soundtracks
She should've been in Phantom of the Opera.
>>
>>71960564
same man
>>
*pig/donkey noises intensify*
>>
>>71952233
yikes
>>
>>71952233
wasted double dubs
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.