[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Recommendations?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

Just heard this album and loved it. Where do I go from here?
>>
>>71943770
four-calendar cafe
>>
File: 1359401137088.jpg (1MB, 1920x3200px) Image search: [Google]
1359401137088.jpg
1MB, 1920x3200px
I discovered cocteau twins through this chart, so maybe it'll help you out OP
>>
>>71944217
Thanks, my dude,
>>
Blue Bell Knoll. Honestly,
>>71943781
isn't a bad answer either but I've always thought that was handily their weakest album. Probably their most conventional as well but I guess that's what makes it underwhelming to me, it doesn't have the intrigue of the albums before it.
>>
>>71943781
>>71944675
Double thanks
>>
Their last two albums aren't worth listening to IMO. Blue Bell Knoll, Treasure, Garlands, and Heaven or Las Vegas are their "good" albums. The Moon and the Melodies too, that one feels more like a split album than a true collaboration.
>>
>>71943770
Have you heard their b-side Watchlar? I think I like it more than anything on HoLV.
>>
If you want something popier then Four-Calendar. You want to hear their more goth leaning material then check out Blue Bell Knoll. It's popier than Treasure and Head Over Heels and should be easier to get into of you're coming off of Heaven or Las Vegas. If you like Blue Bell Knoll then listen to Treasure and Head Over Heels. From their just listen to everything else.

Oh yeah if your into post-punk then listen to Garlands and Peppermint Pig (which is one of my favorite Cocteau tracks).
>>
>>71943770
Blue Bell Knoll, then Four Calendar Cafe, then Milk And Kisses and then Treasure. In that order.
>>
>>71945124

No love for Victorialand? I don't think it's their most immediate by any means but when I think of dream pop, I think of songs like Lazy Calm and Little Spacey. I think it's their best these days.
>>
>>71945373
You should never listen to Milk and Kisses
>>
>>71946151
Yeah, Heaven or Las Vegas is my favorite and Victorialand is second for me.
>>
>>71947647
t.pleb
>>
treasure is their best hands
>>
>>71948354
Nah you're just being a contrarian. It's them selling themselves out to make a more accessible, and as a result less interesting sound. Can you defend why you like it?
>>
>>71948462
>Can you defend why you like it?
sounds good to me like all of their records.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.