[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

where do you find out about new jazz releases?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

File: 61QofgEzlfL.jpg (98KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
61QofgEzlfL.jpg
98KB, 500x500px
where do you find out about new jazz releases?
>>
>>71936938
internet
>>
>new
>jazz
>releases
>>
>>71937047
hundreds of new jazz albums are released every year whether you like it or not
>>
>>71936938
honestly unless you live in some shitty rural town I'd say the best thing that's led me to new jazz stuff is simply just getting involved in the scene -- find some good spots, go to some sets, get to know some people etc. I live in minneapolis so im not sure how well that would translate to wherever you live but believe me going out and actually getting involved has led me to so much more than any blog or forum has
>>
>>71937100

>tfw no jazz scene where I live
>tfw no music scene in general

it hurts
>>
>>71937047
this, who the fuck listens to "releases"
>>
>>71937148
I know that feel anon

>>71937004
any sites?
>>
>>71937100
>>71937184
surprisingly there's a really good youtube channel that's just a ton of live recordings of contemporary experimental music artists in NYC, a lot of whom do jazz shit--
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0MRoIYg2VLoYyT8CzGv6Bw/videos
>>
>>71937292
Better yet, just watch the live streams of the players at Smalls jazz club in New York. You can always stream all of their shows for free.
>>
>>71936938
https://www.allaboutjazz.com
>>
>>71937437
>for free

>You agree that you will not:

>5.1 use the SmallsLIVE Site to reproduce copyrighted materials except as authorized in Section 4 above;

>5.2 edit, change, prepare any derivative work of, or alter in any way, any of the music in the Site;

>5.3 make the Site available over a network (other than our network) where it could be used by others;

>5.4 provide your password, if any, to any other person;

>5.5 translate, reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble, modify or create derivative works based on the Site or any portion of the Site;

>5.6 circumvent any technology used by us or our licensors to protect content accessible via the Site;

>5.7 rent, lease or sublicense any of the content in the Site; or

>5.8 use the Site in any way that violates the terms of this Agreement.

That's not very free desu
>>
If you don't have this one on your jazz list, buddy you don't have a jazz list
>>
Chris at thetimes.Co.uk
>>
>>71938444
For the quad
>>
>>71938397
"for free" is an English idiom that often means "without paying or charging any money"
>>
>>71938502
I'm well aware of that, but it just isn't compatible with the intellectual property age. Rather than "you can stream all of their shows for free", it would be more accurate to say "you can stream all of their shows under the terms of their license agreement", or simply "under license". In which case the nature of the license would have to be taken into account and only then can it be determined whether or not the service is provided 'for free'.
>>
>>71938603
>>71938397
I always hated how much 4chan has latched on to calling anyone who cares about anything "autistic," but I really can't think of any possible reason for you to make these two posts other than if you are actually autistic.
>>
>>71938838
Such complacency is exactly how they managed to take control.
>>
File: alexjones-gun.jpg (50KB, 474x354px) Image search: [Google]
alexjones-gun.jpg
50KB, 474x354px
>>71938871
>they
>>
>>71938871
>>71938911
(((they)))
>>
>>71938871
WAKE UP SHEEPLE
>>
>>71938871
I'm enjoying this, care to give me a (you)
>>
+71939073
Are you saying that Lou Gehrig's disease occurs naturally?
>>
Allaboutjazz and following labels mostly.
If I see something posted here or on RYM that looks interesting and not too fotm meme jazz, I'll usually look into it too.
>>
>>71939870
>following labels
this
>>
http://exystence.net/blog/category/jazz/
>>
File: image.jpg (242KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
242KB, 800x800px
Anyone hear this yet? Not on Rutracker or Soulseek yet from what I can tell and I'm too poor to buy it, but I'm hyped. David Virelles is playing on it and he's been on a lot of my favourite albums of this decade.
>>
the mainstream music scene in my town it´s indie, punk pop, ska, and other shitty genres, it´s like 2006 in this place, Guadalajara Mexico btw
>>
>>71940070
I'll download it using my MICROSOFT GROOVE™ pass desu
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.