[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I don't get it.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 4

File: loveless.jpg (109KB, 660x660px) Image search: [Google]
loveless.jpg
109KB, 660x660px
It just hurts my ears. The only good part is the soft vocals but I can barely hear it and the loud part is grating...I tried playing it with some friends and they even said it doesnt make sense. Wtf why does /mu/ worship this shit? Is it just a dumb meme for pretentious hipsters to be weird for no reason?
>>
>>71936306
> t. brainlet
>>
play it louder
>>
>>71936306
Give it a listen while tripping.
>>
its fucking hilarious what this album does to normies
>>
>>71936306
retard
>>
yes it's just a meme nobody actually likes it they just pretend to because it is a funny joke haha
>>
*sigh*
If you don't know heartache you can't appreciate this masterpeace, sorry buster
>>
You have to be able to appreciate abrasive music to enjoy it

Try listening to some black metal or something
>>
low quality bait
>>
Maybe you and your friends are not depressed.
>>
>>71936353
Came here to basically say this. Reminds me of the dream like state hallucinogens put me in.
>>
>>71936468

So basically you have to be a DUDE LSD LMAO or it makes no sense? got it
>>
File: 1217 - S32TlGW.jpg (140KB, 575x523px) Image search: [Google]
1217 - S32TlGW.jpg
140KB, 575x523px
Nice bait normie, listen to Salad Days you'll like it way better
>>
The least aggressive response I have is that it just takes time to get into this kind of stuff. It's really barely even a difficult album to enjoy. Go listen to other stuff and then come back to Loveless in a month or two. Or listen to When You Sleep until you get it and then try the rest of the album. Not that you have to love it, but if you think it's just noise you don't get it yet.
>>
>>71937112

What is there to get, hipster? It's just a wall of noise that sounds like a vaccuum with some poppy singing you can't hear underneath it. Only depressed weirdos ironically like it.
>>
>>71937294
ok then show us all some music that is good then
>>
>>71937349

Ween, Tool, Boards of Canada, Aphex Twin, Bach, the list goes on...
>>
>>71937294
I may be a depressed weirdo but I like it unironically and piss off with the blatant b8
>>
>>71936306
you have to listen to it how kevin originally envisioned it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7iYH8QZ1mGg
>>
>>71937428
>Tool
>>
>>71936520
The acid anon seemed pretty calm and reasonable and then you came in sounding hostile. Is everything okay?
>>
>>71937294
Dude, seriously stop being a fucking normie. This isn't about the album anymore. Claiming that droves of people are just pretending to like something because you can't understand it is pretentious beyond belief. You don't have to like it. But don't start making claims like that or else you'll just come off as the biggest dipshit ever.
>>
>>71937713
this needs to be redone with To Here Knows When
>>
>>71937428
>ween
>tool

I don't get the album but my taste is superior to yours so I'm right.
>>
desu it's pretty shit shoegaze but the genre itself is good
>>
It's not even that grating. The only "grating" song on the whole album is Only Shallow.
>>71937428
>Ween
>Tool
Nigger please.
>Boards of Canada
Music Has the Right has fucking nothing on this.
>Aphex Twin
Aphex Twin's best barely touches anything MBV has put out. Except for m b v and their earlier stuff.
>Bach
Go back to your containment general.
>>
File: RNJ-036.jpg (97KB, 750x478px) Image search: [Google]
RNJ-036.jpg
97KB, 750x478px
>>71936306
It's one of those that will or will not randomly click with you. Tbh, I only suddenly realized the genius of this album while I was sleep deprived, trying to find my way back home at 6am with the dawn coming up. It was such a good listen *sigh* ..all the little parts. Please, you don't have to like it, but don't call it a pretentious hipster meme. Pic related.
>>
>>71937428
>tool
>aphex twin
>boards of canada

Proves this is a bait post.
>>
>>71936370
no need to be an arrogant prick because you like baby's first dream pop
>>
>>71940128
not even great dream pop, especially compared to fishmans
>>
>>71936306
get better speakers
>>
>>71940128
>>71940175
This album isn't fucking dream pop though. It's not Souvlaki. And Loveless any day over Long Season.
>>
>>71940094
>"the list goes on..."
you must be new here. and even if that was a serious post, you'd look about as close-minded anyway.
>>
>>71940128
dream pop, noise pop, shoegaze, it doesn't matter all too much, their intentions were pretty similar
I dislike the militant genre distinctions. we're distracted from the actual messages in these albums, and are left complaining over raw sounds like autistic children with their train sets
>>
>>71940447
meant for >>71940194
>>
>>71936306
>>71936520
>>71937294
>>71937428

This guy is a fucking sperging out autism lord, stop bumping this retarded thread.
>>
You people overrate the shit out of this album.
>>
>>71940677
all /mu/core is bound to be relatively overrated.
>>
>>71937428
yeah BOC and Aphex are excellent

>>71940094
fuck you MHTRTC is fantastic

also they are tied objectively by Pitchfork

so...

:)
>>
>>71936353
drugs are for losers
>>
>>71936306
pussy ears u have
>>
>>71941911

t r u e

t h i s i s c o m i n g f r o m a n e x u s e r b t w
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.