[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Help me out

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: who.jpg (3KB, 79x125px) Image search: [Google]
who.jpg
3KB, 79x125px
Hey /mu/
I'd consider myself quite uneducated when it comes to musicians and albums, I know a few but I feel as if I should know more. Suggest albums and artists?

>Current artists I listen to include Mac Demarco, Tame Impala, Melody's Echo Chamber, Death Grips, Unknown Mortal Orchestra, Drake, Post Malone, Jinsang, Coldplay, Radiohead, Nirvana, Led Zeppelin etc
>>
Pick random albums and listen to them

You'll have to do your own work if you want to find a band besides your /mu/core tier list
>>
>>71927935
Entry level. First listen to mu core chart
>>
>>71927974
Don't do this, you'll force yourself into music you don't care about

Based on what you already like, give these a try: MF Doom, clipping, Smashing Pumpkins, Failure, Neutral Milk Hotel, Animal Collective
>>
>>71927935
>uneducated when it comes to musicians and albums

congratulations, you just described this board
>>
>>71927935
Godspeed You Black Emperor, Current 93, The Microphones

No more Coldplay, cut that out Anon.
>>
File: 1488093873873.jpg (26KB, 374x307px) Image search: [Google]
1488093873873.jpg
26KB, 374x307px
>>71927935
is dis bait
>>
>>71929169
>it's not /mu/core so you're not allowed to like it
>>
File: Ame's music sampler.jpg (2MB, 1904x4944px) Image search: [Google]
Ame's music sampler.jpg
2MB, 1904x4944px
As >>71928181 said, it probs won't be something that's gonna help you enjoy music more. In the long run, expanding your musical horizons can be very rewarding, but you shouldn't be doing it cause you feel obligated to or because you think it'll give you more social capital or something. You should want to.
Anyway, this chart is pretty decent considering the ridiculous breadth it tries to cover. It's obviously really undetailed and just gives the bare minimum for most genres, but it's good as a sampler.
>>
>>71929674
Not OP, but this chart was really helpful for me a while back and should be updated
>>
>>71929770
I don't think Ame posts here anymore. Or, at least she doesn't trip.
I think it'd be hard to find someone willing to make a chart like that to the standard that it was made. Most of these sort of crowd sourced charts aren't made with too much quality control. Anyone can suggest an album and it won't be questioned before being put on. The whole discussion and justification for inclusion process that went into the making of that chart really made it something unique and special.
Anyway tho, I don't think an "update" would change a massive amount about it, bar maybe 3-4 albums being swapped around in popular music.
>>
Similar situation to OP. been listening to hip-hop exclusively for years now (Nas, DOOM, ATCQ) and have been trying different stuff for the past few months tho I hated most of the stuff I tried.

Stuff I tried and liked:
Frank Ocean – Blonde
Tom Waits – Rain Dogs
Rage Against the Machine - self-titled
LCD Soundsystem – This Is Happening
John Mayer – Continuum
Idles - Brutalism

stuff I tried but hated:
Radiohead (and everything similar to them), My Bloody Valentine, 99% of pop (Charlie XCX, Grimes...), weezer, The Cranberries, Marvin Gaye, Slint, Nirvana, prince, Dead Kennedys, Xiu Xiu.

plz help
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.