[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

DRUM THREAD. Drummers get in.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: hugekit.jpg (65KB, 600x365px) Image search: [Google]
hugekit.jpg
65KB, 600x365px
There's an ongoing, dedicated guitar and bass thread, but no thread for the backbone of the band?

All percussion, all genres welcome. Yes, even you losers with vibrophones. Yes, you pizza-faced blast beat addict metalheads. Yes, you up-your-own-ass jazz cats.

Talk gear, influences, projects, etc. Help me compile a list of resources like the guitar thread has.
>>
post favorite drummers.
>george hurley
>dale crover
>zigaboo modeliste
>
>>
File: 20170320_230753.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
20170320_230753.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
Here's a pic of my kit. No clue what brand the shells are, there's no branding in them. They came out of a crackhead's basement. Sabian hats, Paiste China, Zildjian Megabell ride, Stagg splash, Meinl Classic Dark crash (which is sick and highly recommemded) and Zildjian bell. Evans heads. I use sticks from a local stick maker called Rich Sticks. Good shit. Ask me about why my kit is set up like that.

As far as influences, Thomas Pridgen and Brann Dailor were early ones. Big fan of Darren Cesca, Buddy Rich, Gene Krupa, Jean-paul Gasper, Dirk Verbeuren, and people who can do EDM sounding shit on an acoustic kit.
>>
>>71925741
Dale cover is sick. The melvins stuff where they have 2 drummers live blows my mind. As some basement ass crust punk I can't imagine being that tight.
>>
>>71925741
E L V I N J O N E S

Seriously i've been really getting into mid-period coltrane recently and he's the main thing i pay attention to most of the time
>>
When you break a cymbal do you try to buy that exact same cymbal? I don't really give a fuck so I just buy whatever my local music store has.
>>
There isn't enough drummers on /mu/ and most are pleb mealheads with pleb gear and muh gene hoglan and Gavin Harrison. Then when you try to get these fools hip to dope drummers you get labeled as "up your own ass jazz cats".

This place is cancerous and for a community of people who are usually so cool and sharing, this place isn't where you should be. Go to snarescience or drummer world. Hardly anyone here knows dick about the art, let alone play the instrument well.
>>
File: IMG_3813.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3813.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>71927454
And pic related
>>
What are some good things to tell an engineer prior to recording how to get a good, full drum sound. Think pink Floyd kind of percussion.
>>
>>71927477
They need good gear and know how to manipulate the sounds. You pay for what you get.
>>
>>71925635
Been really in Buddy Rich lately. been listening to art blakey and other jazz musicians for years but now im starting to record my own drum solo's with my brass friends from college.
>>
>>71925635
how many toms are enough? is having 4 toms ok?
>>
>>71928247
dont have any pics on me but i play 4 piece. 20 inch ride, 16 inch crash, 12 inch china and 14 inch high hats
>>
also, what's the most realistic sounding acoustic drums software you've ever came across?
>>
>>71928270
3 is enough but if you can utilize more I don't see why you wouldn't add to them to your kit, provided you can afford them
>>
>>71928805
it it ok if I have two small 11 toms and two 16x16 toms?
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.