[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

When will plebs realize that Lupe is better than Kendrick?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 4

File: lu.jpg (36KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
lu.jpg
36KB, 720x720px
When will plebs realize that Lupe is better than Kendrick?
>>
When Lupe releases better music.
>>
>>71924432
>implying
>>
KICK PUSH KICK PUSH COASSTTTTTT
>>
>>71924432
Lupe's best is better than Kendrick's best, fight me.

Name a single Kendrick song better than Mural, Dumb it Down or Adoration of the Magi.
>>
>>71924406

*was
>>
>>71924406
Lupe is Kendrick for high IQ people.
>>
Listen to these breakdown:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EpZfIyhp-ZA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QUZZMk09SgU

And tell me that Kendrick has the rap ability or intelligence to come up with songs like these.

The answer is no. Lupe sons all this rappers when it comes to actual lyricism. He is up there with Aesop Rock.
>>
>>71924494
>Name a single Kendrick song better than Mural, Dumb it Down or Adoration of the Magi.

u
sherane aka master splinters daughter
that part black hippy remix
sing about me im dying of thirst
the blacker the berry
good kid
maad city
the art of peer pressure
etc.
Lupe is by no means a bad rapper lupe is just a bad musician.
>>
>>71924783
Lyricism is not just about the words it's also about the placement and the relationship between the words
both lupe and aesop are shit at that.
>>
Lupe is shit. he tries to be lyrical but it ends up being boring and cringy. plus, his fans are the. fucking. worst.
>>
>>71924819

as if Kendrick fans are any better lmfao
>>
>>71924794
>bad musician.
What do you even by this? Kendrick doesn't make his beats nor does Lupe. Is it really Lupe's fault that he doesn't have access to the resources like the great production team that Kendrick has? Kendrick has huge amounts of cash behind him and this is why he is able to do what he does.

If we're talking rapping.. meaning lyrics, creativity, technical ability, flow, etc... Lupe blows Kendrick out of the water. Nobody can actually deny this as well.
>>
>>71924794
this

I was going to post u which is better than Lupe's whole discography
>>
>>71924819
This. One of the all time cringe rappers. Literally has a song called American Terrorist.
>>
>>71924406
Lupe is real.
Kendrick is '''Hollywood'''.

Is what it is.
>>
>>71924819
>he tries to be lyrical
Lol. No. Lupe IS lyrical.

It's Kendrick who tries to be lyrical
>>
>>71924846
i mean, kendrick has wayyy more fans, and by virtue of that there are some total shitheads, for sure. but i'm betting if we could actually quantify it and break down percentages, there would be less for kendrick, and an overwhelming about for lupe.

everyone's fandom is occasionally infected by idiots and fanatics. it just happens to be the bedrock of lupe's career.
>>
>>71924819
he tries to be lyrical but it ends up being spiritual
>>
>>71924819
pretty much this and thread shows how shit his fans are too
>>
>>71924856
Lupe's flow on most tracks is fucking awful. Any rapper can have good production if they try. Lupe technically is nothing compared to kendrick
>>
>>71924883
ur talking out your ass m8
>>
>>71924883

Kendrick fans are obnoxious for the sole fact that they constantly hail him as the greatest modern rapper, savior of hip-hop etc. and call his albums "classics" but then haven't even listened to five modern non-mainstream rappers
>>
>>71924883
Can you actually give examples instead of talking out your ass? And what the fuck does this have to do with the music anyway? Are you one of those faggots who only listens to music because you want to change how other people view you?

Kendrick's fanbase is filled with 15 year olds who think he is legitimately the best rapper of all time. Lupe's fans are way more mature.
>>
maybe when loopy fiasco tries to make a meaningful track rather than a stuffed 8 minute paranoid rant about the lyrical miracle prison industrial complexicle
>>
>>71924865
fucking lol. Lupe's a real delusional asshole, if that's what you mean. and how in the fuck is kendrick "hollywood" whatever the fuck that means?

>>71924882
yeah, lupe uses a lot of words other rappers don't, but that doesn't mean he makes good shit. i don't see how kendrick is pretending to be anything he's not. everything i've heard of his is nothing less than proficient, and some of it is downright fantastic. lupe makes music for white kids who think they're smarter than they are.
>>
>>71924896
His flow is good. He is just very experimental with it and it usually doesn't turn out too well for him. Listen to the Emperor's Soundtrack for a godly Lupe flow.

If we're talking about who is "technically" better, wouldn't that include rhymes as well? Lupe absolutely blows Kendrick out of the water when it comes to rhyming.
>>
>>71924920
yeah maturity is praising a shit rapper and arguing about fans
>>
Why are any of you bringing up fanbases? When you're listening to music are you conscientiously thinking about the quality of the fanbase? Bunch of fucking poseurs. Not defending either rapper on this discussion but you guys are acting like high schoolers.
>>
>>71924957
all rappers are shit though.
>>
>>71924920
give examples? of the people i've specifically met either in person or online who are fans of lupe? what the fuck do you want from me, dude?

>only listens to music because you want to change how other people view you
lol what?

>Kendrick's fanbase is filled with 15 year olds who think he is legitimately the best rapper of all time. Lupe's fans are way more mature.

Can you actually give examples instead of talking out your ass? And what the fuck does this have to do with the music anyway? Are you one of those faggots who only listens to music because you want to change how other people view you?
>>
File: 0zpocl77fhjy.jpg (4MB, 1881x4032px) Image search: [Google]
0zpocl77fhjy.jpg
4MB, 1881x4032px
>>71924938
Thanks for correcting the record!
>>
>>71924942
Lupe just fills his verses with rhymes and it sounds awful. Kendrick is able to make a rhythmically dense track and have it sound good.

Kendrick is shit tho
>>
>>71924942

>Lupe absolutely blows Kendrick out of the water when it comes to rhyming

tru
>>
>>71924783
>He is up there with Aesop Rock.
Ew. music for crackers 2 steps above fred durst
>>
>>71924987
You're the one who brought up fanbases you retard and now you can't back up your points
>>
>>71924999
>what did he mean by this
>>
>>71924966
They are high schoolers or at least very low IQ people.
>>
>>71925034
thanks for proving my point, you're a lupe fanatic and you can't fucking read.

i was giving my perception, from my personal experience, and you said that was stupid. then you did the same thing. i don't understand why you're so angry for this shit rapper that will never even say "hi" to you.
>>
I like them both to be honest with you homos. To me this is the closest analogy to apples and oranges. Both wonderful food choices for completely different reasons.
>>
Why the fuck are we judging musicians around their fanbases? are you all legitimate retards?
>>
the sooner loopy fiasco's nutty weeaboo fanbase realize good lyricism ≠ packing your song with multis about nothing the better
>>
Lupe has legitimate poetic moments while Kendrick never rises above "great for a rapper".
>>
>>71925060
>>71925060
>i don't understand why you're so angry for this shit rapper that will never even say "hi" to you.
Nice projection dude, keep sucking Kendrick's dick. Also plg go back to /r/hiphopheads or whatever e-dumpster you came from
>>
File: 072.png (60KB, 904x692px) Image search: [Google]
072.png
60KB, 904x692px
Lupe called out the Jew and 'retired'.

Kendrick was praised by Barry Soetoro and thrives.

You do the math.
>>
>>71925113
i made a post where i said that lupe was bad and his fanbase was the worst. you absolutely lost your shit about it, proving my point. have a nice day, you lyrical spiritual miracle.
>>
>>71925113
hiphopheads has to be the faggotiest place on the internet
>>
>>71925106
Spoken like a person who has never listened to The Cool.
>>
>>71925156

except he didn't retire, he said he quit retirement like a week after claiming he was gonna retire and then released that new album, and is already planning follow-ups

retard
>>
>>71925180
Why would I look at a 5 year olds drawing when I could gaze at the mona lisa
>>
>>71925053
I feel that way. I mean I started on this site in high school too so I'm not saying "underrage fuck off!" it's something we all do. But even when I was 16 I wasn't emotionally as immature at these posters are. I mean seriously, forget any bias you have regarding Lupe or Kendrick and read through this thread. I'm embarrassed that THIS is the best place on the internet to discuss music.
>>
>>71925180
because only fucking goofballs who acted like southern hip hop killed their mother sat around listening to the cool in 07/08 and all those other bars yo we gotta take it back to the real 'all star chess club' rappers
>>
>>71925106
Lupe's lyricism comes from his wordplay and puns and ability to construct complicated entendres. His rhyming is the cherry on top.
>>
>>71925156
Kendrick is the definition of fake deep. Lupe is deep. This can be easily explained by the fact that Kendrick has to be fake deep because he has low IQ and has never read a book whilst Lupe is very well read and has a high IQ. Go listen to Kendrick's interviews and just see what a retard this guy is.. he can barely talk yet he wants to make social and political commentary in his songs.
>>
>>71925263
Yes because musicians have a long and storied history of being intellectuals. Go play in traffic.
>>
File: 1ndex.png (8KB, 212x237px) Image search: [Google]
1ndex.png
8KB, 212x237px
>>71925196
Whatevs. He said what he said. Maybe they got their hooks into him now.

System is dirty and so is Kendrick Lamar.
>>
>>71925244
Just read this post aloud and just see how retarded it is.

Can you please tell me what this post says with regards to the actual music in The Cool?

For example:
>acted like southern hip hop killed their mother sat around listening to the cool in 07/08
What the fuck does this even mean and how is it relevant to the music?

You fucking chimp.
>>
>>71924406
>lupe is literally kill whitey
>kendrick is ironically kill whitey
>>
>>71924999
>>71925156
>>71925296

frogposter, troll elsewhere.
>>
>>71925288
Well Kendrick tries to be an intellectual so if he is trying to take that lane then he should actually be intelligent enough to do so. He isn't. He is fucking dumb.
>>
>>71925318
When did Lupe say anything like that? Genuinely curious.

Even his most political album F&L2 didn't have anything overtly anti-white like that, unless I am misremembering.
>>
>>71925318
this LOL. people give kendrick shit for his "racially charged lyrics" but somehow are praising lupe "kill americans" fiasco.
>>
>>71925313
no thanks cletus go listen to loopy rap about cheeseburgers
>>
>>71925318
Lupe isn't kill whitey. Lupe is more like kill Western imperialism.
>>
>>71925337
Truth hurt?

you dudes do a shit job at this. It's OBVIOUS.
>>
>>71925362
>white
what I assume he is referring to

http://www.tabletmag.com/scroll/220067/anti-semitic-lupe-fiasco-jonathan-greenblatt-adl
>>
>>71925375
>any time someone disagrees with my retarded trolling, it means i redpilled them way fuckin hard

good luck with your 5 paragraph essay, don't forget that's due on monday.
>>
>>71925363
Where does he praise killing americans you chimp?

>Now the poor Ku Klux man
See that we all brothers
Not 'cause things the same
But 'cause we lack the same color
And that's green
Now that's mean
Can't burn his cross
'Cause he can't afford the gasoline

He's basically saying we need to unite under class in the song 'American Terrorist' and not race. The song is basically attacking identity politics and imperialism.
>>
>>71925464
Imagine is people applied this sort of analysis to Kendrick's lyrics. The double standards on this board make my head spin.
>>
>>71925505
fucking lupe fans, it's like a goddamn cult.
>>
>>71924406
More like Poope Fiasco lmao
>>
>>71925454
>>71925454
thanks for correcting the record!

Praise Kendrick! Praise Soetoro!
>>
>>71925505
kendrick hasn't made enough paranoid rants about DA JOOS so the basement dwellers wouldn't do that
Thread posts: 73
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.