[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Every time you think they possibly couldn't get any shittier,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 8

File: Mastodon-Emperor-of-Sand.jpg (685KB, 830x830px) Image search: [Google]
Mastodon-Emperor-of-Sand.jpg
685KB, 830x830px
Every time you think they possibly couldn't get any shittier, they prove you wrong.
>>
>>71923308
Is this album good?
>>
>>71923308
this album makes the hunter look like a masterpiece
>>
It wasn't thattt bad. But for a "progressive" metal album it was really unfulfilling in that sense.
>>
>>71924168
it's actually really good. their best since crack the skye. don't let the contrarian backlash fool you on this foolish day
>>
>>71923308
Downloaded it, not listened to it.
Not listened to this band for like 10 years though to be fair, maybe more.
Only recently getting back into my metal.
>>
>>71924361
It's not bad and that's it. It's nice to see Mastodon trying to do another concept album and breaking from their pop tryouts. Just don't expect it to be Leviathan or Crack the Skye tier
>>
Best: Ancient Kingdoms
Runner-up: Sultan's Curse
Worst: Show Yourself
>>
>>71923308
The only Mastodon album that I felt absolutely nothing while listening to. Roots Remain solo is cool, Jaguar God is alright, the rest is just a 40 minute filler with no substance
But I guess it's better than OMRTS and Remission. Gotta jam a few more times to make sure
>>
File: 1485423294448.jpg (277KB, 600x900px) Image search: [Google]
1485423294448.jpg
277KB, 600x900px
>>71926989
>Better than remission
>>
>>71927145
But anon, Remission is arguably their worst album. The only other contender is maybe Once more roun the sun but for all the different reasons.
>>
File: 4806kh35jy.jpg (7KB, 199x254px) Image search: [Google]
4806kh35jy.jpg
7KB, 199x254px
the fact: once more = underrated
did you even listen to it
>>
>>71923308
I feel the same way about every new Lamb of God album. And every one of their releases, people lament that 'this is their worst one yet'. But the truth is, that Sacrament was their worst album. I hated OMRTS at first. But it grew on me.

>>71926193
YOURE NOT AS SAFE AS FAR AS I CAN TELL
>>
Top 10 personal favorite Mastodon song list GO

Repeating digits will reveal the truth.
>>
>>71927204
>>71927216
I loved OMRTS at first, but then I realized it's bland and there are too many rednecks in it
>>
>>71927216
Sacrament is the best lamb of god album. Why? Because lamb of god shoves their good songs at the start of their albums and leaves the rest as filler, which sacrament has the least of.
>>
>>71927242
Then explain VII: Sturm und Drang
>>
Nobody mentioning Blood Mountain?
>>
Not their best, but definitely not the worst. Scorpion Breath and Jaguar God are bretty gud, latter is probably one of my fav Mastodon tracks
>>
I think this album is really good. It's not Crack the Skye or Leviathan, but it's also not as much of a snoozefest as The Hunter and Once More Round the Sun. This is def their best album since CTS.
>>
you're an idiot, this is far better than their last two releases. CTS will probably never be topped though.
>>
it's just very hard to get excited about metallicadon. all their 00s albums were so good, but success has made them complacent, lazy songwriters. i'll probably give this a listen when i have nothing better to do, but i know it'll just be another generic pop-sludge album so i'm not in any rush
>>
honestly I've listened to this album probably 20 times since it came out i think it easily beats OMRTS and The Hunter lyrically its way more interesting each song mentions the next or another one its fantastic in that aspect but like other people said show yourself is not the best track by far I like the all the other tracks a lot but if you took out show yourself I think it would rank a lot higher, but its my opinion Mastodon always has a new sound with each album they put out props to them for trying that
>>
>>71926989

>But I guess it's better than OMRTS and Remission.
>better than Remission

Holy shit, some people...
>>
File: 1487710221939.jpg (1018KB, 1672x2084px) Image search: [Google]
1487710221939.jpg
1018KB, 1672x2084px
>mastodong
>>
>>71932457

>no metallica
>>
>>71932457
the one thing ironic about something like this is the fact they're a lot of great albums in there and then harping on people for enjoying great albums is fucking weird honestly
>>
>>71932539
>harping on people for enjoying great albums is fucking weird honestly

welcome to /mu/
>>
>>71924361
>>71926071

thank god for you guys realizing this, I have respect for mastodon for trying new things honestly
>>
>>71932539
It's a meme you dip
>>
>>71932732

it honestly makes no sense, but then /mu talks about the same albums for years even though its great but god damn
>>
>>71923308
I really like a handful of songs on this; this coming from an avid Mastodon fan. Sultan's, Steambreather, Roots, Clandestiny, Scorpion and Jaguar are all great. Everything else feels like filler and uninspired. But so much better than the Hunter
>>
its a good album, and ive hated their last two and thought they were completely dead. this album feels good
>>
At the moment I think it's simply a good album, not great. I do appreciate it more for every listen though.
Seeing as Jaguar God was apparently a last second addition pulled from the upcoming Brent Hinds solo album, I'm very excited to hear that one.
>>
>>71923308
Honestly, I think that it is quite good

>>71932539
That's what memes are about
>>
It's as good as Crack the Skye. I think a lot of people view that album with rose tinted glasses. Better than their last two releases. Entirely worth your time if you like post-Remission Mastodon.
>>
>>71936200

Only nu-males like post-Remission Mastodon though.
>>
>>71936234
wow sick meme XD
>>
>>71927191
>Remission
>worst album
Have you even listened to Remission?
>>
>>71923308
my main problem with this release is tiny hands
does anyone have a cover with bigger hands?
>>
File: 1353631352758.gif (54KB, 361x365px) Image search: [Google]
1353631352758.gif
54KB, 361x365px
Idk /mu/, I thought the record was pretty fucking good. Not as good as their first four albums, but I still really loved it. Retained great riffs and some proggy elements while still being catchy & accessible

>mfw Jaguar God
>>
File: 1340641941928.jpg (32KB, 360x360px) Image search: [Google]
1340641941928.jpg
32KB, 360x360px
>>71927191
>Remission worst album

Dog, how can you even make that claim lmao

Remission's one of their best, if not their best
>>
>>71928307
I don't why no love for Blood Mountain. Personally I like it more then Crack the Skye or Leviathan.
>>
>>71923308
Who still listens to Mastodon ?
>>
I can see why people might be turned off by Remission, it's definitely my least favourite of their first 4. It's really all about the intensity with very little let-up and few of the hooks on their later albums, so either you're into that or you're not.

That said I don't understand how anyone could prefer le arena metal of their last 3 albums. They're not even good at it. Give me Baroness any day, at least their records are just Baroness doing Mastodon. Mastodon's records are now Mastodon doing Baroness doing Mastodon
>>
>>71923308
amazing album which also unfortunately happens to include the worst song they've ever written. but goddamn, from roots remains forward everything is fantastic and the choruses from the last half of the album are so well-crafted and well-produced. yes, they're built like stadionrock-choruses but they succeed in it really well with having actually good vocalmelodies. ancient kingdom and clandestiny are such a pleasure to listen to
>>
>>71936709
>which also unfortunately happens to include the worst song they've ever written
I haven't listened, what's the song? I thought High Road off their last album was pretty horrendous so i'm curious now

note: I unironically liked Curl of the Burl even tho it's dumb, so my judgement may not count for much
>>
>>71936756
it's show yourself, which you might have heard of being slandered around for quite a bit - and for good reasons too. curl of the burl wasn't that bad honestly imo, show yourself is just a lot more formulaic and blander
>>
>>71923308
Best album since Crack the Skye. The songs on this album are mesmerizing. The choruses and guitar solos are terrific.

Show Yourself, Steambreather and Jaguar God might be the three best rock songs put out in the last 3 years.
>>
File: moomin.jpg (173KB, 573x832px) Image search: [Google]
moomin.jpg
173KB, 573x832px
>>71923308
Crack The Skye > Leviathan > Blood Mountain = Remission > Emperor of Sand > OMRTS > The Hunter

You know it to be true
>>
>>71926193
I love Show Yourself. It's definitely the radio friendly single but it's really grown on me.
>>
>>71927235
Cut You Up With a Linoleum Knife ten times
>>
>>71936655
Up to Colony of Birchmen it's great. It kinda lost me at the end.
>>
>>71937116
EoS is better than both Blood Mountain and Remission.

You also need to break up OMRTS into two halves. 1st half of OMRTS is on par with EoS. 2nd half is on par with Remission
>>
>>71936594

This. Remission is a weirdly emotional record for me. Troy's vocal performance is just so raw.
>>
can we please just admit that at this point the only reason mastodon still exist is so scott kelly can stop boring us with post-TEoES neurosis and perform on one good track every few years
>>
File: Eureka.jpg (183KB, 936x936px) Image search: [Google]
Eureka.jpg
183KB, 936x936px
>>71936594
>>71937272
>yfw Ol'e Nessie starts up
>>
>>71937289
>implying Given to The Rising is bad
>>
>>71937317

LIFESBLOOD, LIFESBLOOOOOD
>>
>>71937116
Holy shit that's 100% my opinion too
Thread posts: 60
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.