[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

whats the point of having a last.fm account and should i delete mine

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: C0hhBJhXEAAF.jpg (215KB, 960x1280px) Image search: [Google]
C0hhBJhXEAAF.jpg
215KB, 960x1280px
whats the point of having a last.fm account and should i delete mine
>>
>>71918968
It's useful to see what artists you've listened, especially trying to return to something you listened to a while ago. Additionally I've found a lot of new artists by exploring other people's profiles. Plus its sorta fun at the end of the day
>>
>>71918968
No idea why I even have one anymore.
>>
>>71919128
this.
i heard years ago it was a lot better for connecting with other people online to talk about music
>>
Why not just have it, it will be cool to look at in a year
>>
>>71920174
this
>>
>>71920174
>in a year
Didn't we say this on this very board a year ago?
>>
can someone tell me what was so great about the old days of last.fm? i've had mine for a while and it works fine for what i want it to do but everyone talks about how it's gone to shit
>>
File: last fm.jpg (112KB, 1594x831px) Image search: [Google]
last fm.jpg
112KB, 1594x831px
holy shit right after i madet this post
>>71920148
i decided to go on and check out some features i never looked at before (because i usally only use it to see what i listened to most in the last few days, weeks months, or to find new artists) and i found this
>>
>>71920530
Original one was a lot better in terms of archiving what music/artists you listen to and discovering new ones by correlation.
That was a few years ago. Pretty sure they either got rid of that feature or fubar'd it. Either way, stopped using it following the big switch
>>
I just have it to see what I've been listening to
>>
>>71918968
It's fun sharing your listening history with other people, seeing others' histories, and seeing your own statistics after a lot of listening history builds up.

>>71920530
Better site layout, better support for third-party tools and plugins, and the option to have said third-party plugins appear on your profile. Some of the really good ones were a plugin that shows total time listened instead of scrobbles (which could completely change someone's top artists) and one that showed which countries most of your music came from. Updates made some of these inoperable, and you can't add them to your profile anymore. Also they got rid of groups, which were really cool. My university had their own last.fm group, and I met a few people through it.
>>
>>71920814
Honestly I wish I was around for the old last.fm : (
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.