[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

redpill me on ringo starr

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 8

File: 1.jpg (98KB, 505x678px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
98KB, 505x678px
redpill me on ringo starr
>>
I'm a music conservatory graduate. I spent years analyzing music for grades, so when I come across something that's garbage, I know. Beatles albums have the melodic complexity of a train horn (actually less; train horns often are tuned to a tritone, which seem to be absent in their music) and the lyrical complexity barely goes beyond a 3rd grade vocabulary. Not only is this music intended for ignorant audiences, it's intended to provoke ignorant young people into becoming hippies in order to fill the marijuana shops with costumers in the US. How's that for an unpopular opinion?
>>
File: ringo.jpg (312KB, 575x865px) Image search: [Google]
ringo.jpg
312KB, 575x865px
He wrote around 90% of the Beatles material.
>>
The best Beatle
>>
>>71910866
>>71910878
>>71910913
go on
>>
ringo starr more like pete worst amirite
>>
why does he have sharp teeth?
>>
File: ringostart.jpg (54KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
ringostart.jpg
54KB, 300x300px
>>
>>71910861
RINGO NEVER, PETE BEST FOREVER
>>
File: Delet This 4.jpg (136KB, 303x450px) Image search: [Google]
Delet This 4.jpg
136KB, 303x450px
>>71912610
>>
>>71912610
Stu > Pete
>>
Tommy Moore>Pete>Ringo
>>
>>71910866
>THE FACT THAT
>>
>>71911011
Underrated post.
>>
>>71910861
Luckiest guy ever to play with one of the best songwriters and musicians of his generation.
He knew he didn't have the talent at the same level as John, Paul and George, but he didn't care and was obviously just glad to be considered among them and be part of the group. I think he was the one Beatle who took the break up the hardest (especially noticable during his interviews in Anthology documentary)
>>
>>71914627
they could have been as big as they were with a different lead guitarist and ringo's arguably better at his instrument than george
>>
>>71910861
he's in a zappa film
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cH15Rm_1ahk
>>
Unironically the best musician in the Beatles while the Beatles were together. Harrison became a better guitarist later on.
>>
>>71914757

Are you trying to say George was shit at guitar?
>>
>>71915423
"George Harrison was a pathetic guitarist" -Piero Scaruffi
>>
>>71915178
I mean, I'm pretty fucking sure paul is/was and always has been the better and more knowledgeable musician in the beatles.
>>
>>71915482
I should have said instrumentalist. Paul was the most multi talented, but Ringo was better at drums then any of the rest with other instruments
>>
>>71915466
And with that one quote you've voided any opinion you can have of George Harrison. Well done.
>>
Ringo is good enough. I mean he was the drummer in a merseybeat band, it wouldn't make sense for him to play like Neil Pert or something
>>
>>71915670
The fills on a day in the life are nice. He's supposed to have been consistent af too.
>>
>>71915670

And that's what makes him so good. Whether it be the little fills he did on A Day In The Life, constant, steady beat on Tomorrow Never Knows.

He was just perfect for the band and knew what to and when.
>>
>>71915722
>>71915743

Zing!
>>
>>71915466
Someone who made Here Comes the Sun is not a shit guitarist in my opinion
>inb4 muh technical skill
The Guitar is a musical instrument so it matters what music you create
>>
>>71915743
>constant, steady beat on Tomorrow Never Knows
isn't it an actual loop
>>
>>71915885
"There were six loops used on Tomorrow Never Knows: a seagull noise, actually a distorted recording of McCartney laughing; an orchestra playing a B flat chord; notes played on a Mellotron's flute setting; a second Mellotron on its violin setting; a finger rubbing the rim of a wine glass, heard midway through the song only in the stereo mix; and a distorted sitar which is most clearly heard in the instrumental break following the lines "It is being, it is being"."

Got that from Beatlesbible.com so I'm guessing not.
>>
>>71915957
learn something every day
>>
File: ring.jpg (3MB, 2470x2302px) Image search: [Google]
ring.jpg
3MB, 2470x2302px
>>71912553
>>
File: Costanza.jpg (10KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
Costanza.jpg
10KB, 250x250px
>>71910866
>/mu/tant
>graduating any music course
>>
>>71915558
Paul was literally a better drummer.
>>
>>71917047
no he fucking wasn't
>>
>>71915858
underrated post
>>
>>71910861
if it weren't for him people wouldn't have given a shit about the drummer for years
>>
>>71917512
You'd be shocked how many Beatle songs weren't actually recorded with Ringo behind the drumset. Do your homework. The lads had a running gag that Ringo wasn't even the best drummer in the Beatles.
>>
File: gang signs.jpg (75KB, 379x594px) Image search: [Google]
gang signs.jpg
75KB, 379x594px
>>71918869
>The lads had a running gag that Ringo wasn't even the best drummer in the Beatles.

Nobody actually said that, that quote has been wrongly attributed to John for years. In fact The Beatles constantly reference the fact that Ringo was the only real "professional musician" they had when they first started.

The only songs Paul played Drums on are Back in The USSR, Dear Prudence, and Ballad of John and Yoko. The only other song with drums not featuring Ringo was the single version of Love Me Do, which had a session musician.

Do you fucking homework faggot.
>>
>>71919086
*your
>>
>>71919086
>In fact The Beatles constantly reference the fact that Ringo was the only real "professional musician" they had when they first started.
Sure when they first started. Since we're referencing the early days why not bring up the bit where he George Martin wouldn't let him play on record one session when he was new, so they used a session drummer who he thought was a lot better. The lads didn't like this though because Ringo was their friend. Gee, they were friends, maybe that's why they were constantly cheering him up and saying how great he was. Listen I like Ringo but he had a tenth of the fucking talent of any of the other members. Even John played the fucking drums on a record. The drums are by far the easier instrument to play and Ringo only ever played them as good as he had to. Yes that complimented the songs, but I'm just evaluating musical talent. Ringo did not have the ability to go beyond "good enough for the song" had he wanted to. t. Drummer
>>
>>71910866
No tritones in their music? Are you fucking joking.
I Am the Walrus
Northern Song
>>
>>71919280
You're a pretty shit drummer if you can't recognize the value he brings to some of their songs. Anything more would have just been unnecessary.

And regardless you're just backpedaling. I was replying to what you said, which was demonstrably false. Nobody said that quote and Ringo only didn't play drums on 4 songs out of a 100+ discography.
>>
>>71919345
It's a bad pasta. Anybody who actually studies music would know that the Beatles have a fair amount of harmonic complexity compared to most pop acts.
>>
>>71919358
My point is the "value" he brought to their songs could have been brought by a session drummer, or literally the other band members (which actually happened). Ringo is the perfect example of right place at the right time. He's a bench player on a championship team. Once the Beatles retreated into the studio his value was almost nill. Hence why he quit (and came back).
>>
>>71910866
i think u need 2 chill bro
>>
>>71918808
I'll give you an underrated post

It is very telling that the best drum work on any Beatles song is that on Dear Prudence
>>
>>71919548
Lol, pleb opinion of the century.

Just compare the fills on that bridge to She Said She Said or A Day In The Life. McCartney's playing is so much more lifeless and robotic, which is fine since he's not primarily a drummer.

If you wanna make the argument that Ringo was a mediocre drummer then fine, but the argument that somehow Paul is better is beyond retarded.
>>
>>71910866
nice pasta
>>
>>71919594
I have no doubt in my mind that is Paul played the drums just a little more than the hobby it was for him, he would have been better. Paul was a virtuoso musician.
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.