[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

MPP vs SBJ, which is better?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: twoprettygoodalbums.jpg (36KB, 355x355px) Image search: [Google]
twoprettygoodalbums.jpg
36KB, 355x355px
Alright faggots which one is better?
If you are coming to this thread to say "Anco is gay generic they both suck L U L" Then fuck off you faggot nobody cares if you think they're both bad, the question is which one is better.
>>
MPP is a better collection of songs and has more groundbreaking production and vocal harmonies

SJ is a better "sit down" album, has better songwriting too

It's up to you, they're both great, blue and red oni, yin and yang
>>
>>71908331
>zoom in
>it still moves
I'd choose sung tongs but thats not an option so
SBJ
>>
I prefer SJ because I find it more fun and playful.
A lot of people will probably say MPP is better because it's more "important" or something, but I don't really take them seriously as some sort of revolutionary experimental music pioneers...I just listen to them sometimes because they're kind of quirky and amusing.

But I like MPP too for what it is.
>>
>>71908331
Strawberry Jam imo.

MPP is great, especially from just a sonic standpoint, in the depth and layering of all the synths. But it just doesn't match SJ's energy and songwriting. MPP has a lot of repetitive Panda-style songs, which aren't bad, but I personally prefer Avey's more nuanced songwriting, and I think SJ is Avey's best songwriting since Spirit, with meter modulations in spots and the phasing arpeggio thing in #1. Plus it has Deak so that adds an extra element that, contrary to what some people say, is audible. A lot of background/sound effect stuff that adds a lot of depth to the sound is Deak. Also it has Cuckoo Cuckoo which is great song, and I would usually think the Liszt sample was cheap, but I think it works well

Again, I like MPP a lot, but i like SJ better
>>
Important Question: Does Safer belong at the end of SJ, or as its own separate thing?
>>
>>71908570
At the end, either after Derek or replacing Derek.

Derek is a good closer nonetheless, but Safer is just too good
>>
>>71908331
MPP aged horribly like the beach boys. To complete the analogy SJ would be akin to the best Motown singles
>>
>>71908570
>>71908589
...Safer?
>>
>>71908626
Ooh darlin' you're in for a treat!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J6_zTBKDGUM
>>
?>>71908570
>>71908589
>>71908626
Is Safer the best song to play for a friend who really likes music but hasn't given AnCo a try yet
>>
>>71908746
Nah, I feel like there are some moments that may turn somebody off. Fireworks is always a safe bet.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.