[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/noise/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: 1462463054574.png (21KB, 374x413px) Image search: [Google]
1462463054574.png
21KB, 374x413px
throwback edition

It's been some time. I haven't touched the pastebin in over a year, so it wouldn't be worth posting right now.

How's it been, /noise/? Have any new favorites? Any good comps you've heard recently? Get comfy, it's a good night for noise. I might post a couple shares tonight if I don't fall asleep first.
>>
>>71905828
Im not trying to meme or to bait, but can someone please tell me what makes noise worth listening to?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHAE_MpmTXk
>>
>>71905866
It's very hard to explain to someone who doesn't like it. The biggest thing for me is the pure aggression and overwhelming sound that a lot of the harsher stuff has. It's a meme answer but muh textures are a big part of it too
>>
>>71905866
Idk mang, its just interesting. Like there isn't just one approach to noise, I feel like people come to noise from different genre backgrounds so it makes the genre super wide and varied.
>>
>>71905828
Hello Xern0n, I'm glad you remember me and my professional begging abilities, I saw you ask an anon the previous thread if he was me. I was actually the guy who asked if you were alive, since the time the threads went to shit you pretty much disappeared.

May I ask, how are you getting fresh releases now that whatcd is kill? I usually find stuff in slsk but as of lately I'm afraid there's little to no criteria whether something is transcoded or not. The people I'm grabbing stuff from don't reply to messages in chat, kinda of rude desu.

That being said, I've started listening to Mz.412 and Robert Turman recent Early Works album, which I'm a sucker for, since my primary fetish is industrial noise from around the same era.

There is also new Pharmakon and Wolf Eyes, a Smell and Quim re-release and remaster that I've bought (digitally though), new Aaron Dilloway announced Lp for Dais Records (Which I'm SUPER hyped), a new Ke/Hil which I got but haven't listened to yet.

And THREE, THREE FUCKING RELEASES from Sutcliffe Jügend in this year already, I dl'ed two of them.
>>
ain't letting this die

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gX15aFMJHss
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FEWrfVxBjho
>>
File: 1484295695103.jpg (23KB, 437x394px) Image search: [Google]
1484295695103.jpg
23KB, 437x394px
>tfw I finally got ahold of some contact mics to record some shit with
>>
bump

Might as well ask if anyone's got any recs for really fucking harsh shit that isn't something everyone's heard of since I've heard all that
>>
>>71905828
havent been into noise for a while now
no one to talk to about it because this general has turned to poop
>>
>>71908880
>that isn't something everyone's heard
well how the fuck should anyone know then, are you looking for bandcamp-core?
>>
>>71909455
just something more obscure than stuff like Merzbow and Incapacitants and whatever
>>
>>71908880
dig through merzbows discog. There's no way you have heard all of it.
>>
>>71910653
fair enough, any particular albums I should check out beyond the more popular ones or should I just go for it with whatever I can find?
>>
>>71905828
Noise is basically over as a genre, like swing jazz.

The scene collapsed around the turn of the decade because we collectively ran out of things to say within the genre.

Somebody who actively follows or even makes noise in 2017 is really no better than a fat wannabe rockabilly pinup girl. It's essentially the same concept at play.
>>
My internet died after making the thread so I just went to bed, sorry friendos.
>>71906328
Tbh i dont think I'll ever forget you. You're a solid anon. I always lurked during those threads but since they were shit & no one knew how to not respond to the bait, I figured I'd give it a break & do other things.

I used the WCD replacement sites & now that waffles is back, I'll see if i can use that too. I cant do any requests at the amount that I used to, because my ratio isnt what it used to be, but you're always free to throw them at me.
>>71908880
>pic related
https://bizarreuproar.bandcamp.com/album/unsafe-and-insane
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.