[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there a more perfect album?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4

File: Ween-ThePod.jpg (39KB, 342x333px) Image search: [Google]
Ween-ThePod.jpg
39KB, 342x333px
>>
>>71904391
My taste being shit aside, if I didn't really like GodWeenSatan or Pure Guava would I like this? Is it much different?
>>
>>71905652
this album's like Pure Guava on nitrous

make of that what you will
>>
Quebec is better, though when I'm in the mood The Pod is fucking amazing.

>>71905652
It's like having a really bad cold in audio form. Don't think it's really fair to compare it to the other two, though if you found nothing redeeming about the 2 you listed you likely won't enjoy The Pod.
>>
>>71905652
The Pod is the black sheep of Ween's first 3 albums. Unlike GWS and PG it's very sickly and sounds like a runny nose that took too much cough syrup. IMO it's the least accesible of the three but it's easily my favorite album of all time.
>>
Perfect is not a gradable adjective.
>>
>>71905652
Pure Guava is a good mix of GWS and The Pod aesthetically.
>>
>>71904391
>LOLSORANDUMXD
>good
>>
>>71905652
When I listened to all three of those albums, The Pod was an instant winner for me and I didn't really like GodWeenSatan or Pure Guava. I think The Pod is the most accessible.
>>
>>71907650
>The Pod
>LOLSORANDUMXD
It's anything but that. It's about being sick as hell, going through a bad trip, and craving a pork roll egg and cheese. The songs portray these feelings.
>>
File: vSd6ePj.png (162KB, 390x389px) Image search: [Google]
vSd6ePj.png
162KB, 390x389px
what's with this recent influx of newfag ween fans claiming the pod is their best album for the sake of being contrarian and "patrician." Don't tell me it's because of the ocean man meme
>>
What's the best of the original trilogy (GWS, Pod, C&C)
What's the best of the new trilogy (The Mollusk, White Pepper, Quebec)
>>
File: 1490839380362.jpg (78KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
1490839380362.jpg
78KB, 700x700px
>>71907849
>ocean man
>the pod
>>
>>71907874
pod and quebec

this is indisputable
>>
>>71907874
Where is Pure Guava in there?
>>
>>71907878
He's saying that people would discredit The Mollusk for containing Ocean Man because they think it's a meme song and instead favor The Pod.
>>
>>71907849
I just like the pod, because it has a cool, sick vibe to it that really makes great use of the low quality equipment. Just listen to can u taste the waste or don't sweat it. they sound amazing.
>>
Post your favorite Ween opener and closer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBaqh75Mi9s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=msgGYgvIDnk
>>
>>71905652
i used to be you, used to not like any ween album before chocolate and cheese. don't give up on them. you kind of have to listen to early ween differently than other music, in search of a different kind of reward. at first the general ineptitude was distracting and bothersome to me but eventually i grew to love it. they pull you in like a hivemind to the exact vibe of being young and stoned and amused at the universe with your best friend.
>>71907874
Quebec is the most ambitious and most accomplished. but the vibe makes some of it hard to listen to. aaron sounds in so much pain.
>>
>>71907973
Is Quebec really their most accomplished? Conventionally, perhaps, but I would argue that Pure Guava is really their most accomplished in the sense of pushing boundaries musically as well as being their most signature sounding album.
>>
>ween
>>
>>71908005
i'm saying the tracks on quebec represent the most effort invested recording, and show their sharpest skills songwriting, playing / singing etc.
pure guava is also a brilliant success and much more fun, but it's an apples/oranges comparison. and it wasn't among the 3 i was given to choose from in >>71907874
>>
>>71907959
Nobody talks about it, but the opening tracks on White pepper (Even the whole first half) are fucking incredible.
>>
File: 1200x1200-75.jpg (161KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1200x1200-75.jpg
161KB, 1200x1200px
>>71904391
FUCK IT MASK OFF
>>
I listened to Quebec the other day and loved it, but I have no other experience with Ween.
What other stuff by them is like Quebec?
>>
>>71908821
Just go try out Chocolate and Cheese, The Mollusk, and White Pepper. Those are the closest you'll get before you dive into the brown of the earlier records.
>>
>>71908858
Thanks.
>>
>>71907973
god dammit
chocolate and cheese was the ween album that really hooked me. also very apt summation of their early ineptitude as musicians. they really nailed it.
>>
>>71908565
is he gonna die or something? O_o
>>
>>71904391
I met her at the Living Earth show...
>>
>>71909070
>chocolate and cheese

>inept

Is it opposite day or something?
>>
LETS POO
>>
>>71907849
The Pod is their brownest album so there's going to be a fair contingent of fans who prefer it. I like its kaleidoscopic Alien Lanes-esque quality
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.