[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Music major here I love music with every essence of my soul

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: 1462427078171.gif (1MB, 209x180px) Image search: [Google]
1462427078171.gif
1MB, 209x180px
Music major here

I love music with every essence of my soul but i just dont give a shit about most of my music courses at school (except species counterpoint cause renaissance music is just beautiful). What am I doing wrong?

>inb4 music major meme
>>
>>71903159
>weeb
ignored
>>
>>71903159
>music major meme
>>
>>71903363
>>71903385
Fuck off cancer memes
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jPxQJ_Zjq94
>>
>>71903159

way to waste your money on college loans only to cry in 3 years that you want Bernie to come save you from your dumb mistake..

See you at starbucks making my coffee
>>
>>71903493
I plan to suicide should i fail hard enough at life but that's my business. But that hasn't been the case. I dont browse mu often and now i remembered why.
>>
Everyone at my school thats a music major is the worst kind of person.

>literally playing a hobby as your major but still complaining about how much "work" you have
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-03-31-19-04-19.png (343KB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-03-31-19-04-19.png
343KB, 1440x2560px
>>71903622
Except in ur major the majority of things learned are not related to ur hobby. I never complained about workload but here is my to do list for the weekend.
>>
i know three people that are music majors. one is a music teacher for children, one does construction, one is a delivery driver

unless youre rich its honestly just a waste of time
>>
Taking classes on how to be creative kills creativity. You are capable of writing music and capable of teaching your self to write music. It is a waste of time and money to get someone else to teach you
>>
>>71903731
I am doing my real estate licence in the summer. Is mu happy now that im gonna go stop "wasting my time" lol

>>71903773
What should i do then anon? Im 2 years in and my family expects me to have a degree at least. I have no secluded practice room with piano elsewhere (not even home) so that's manage to keep me going for a bit but idk what ill do if i drop out
>>
>>71903159
Idk dude. Maybe try to take a day soon to relax and reflect on what it is that made you want to be a music major in the first place. Hopefully give yourself a new sense of purpose to get through the courses you don't enjoy, or maybe figure out that you need to make a change in your life.
>>
>>71903773
You're retarded if you let a course that is literally handing you information kill your creativity

>>71903837
I was a music technology major, so the perfect level of in-between of music and tech disciplines to not really be amazing at either in a practical sense.

Still, the degree gave me a shit ton of information and a shit ton of curiosity to start working it out on my own.

I haven't really done as much of that as I should be, but that's mostly because I'm a depressed sack of shit living in a town with no available friends or outlets of expression.

Fix up your priorities. Do the work they ask you to do, and understand that more information can only mean more reference for your creativity in writing, performing, and literally anything you do in music.

Learn to apply concepts you learn to any aspect of your life. Focus. Get used to playing out with other musicians because that's gonna be one of your best sources of musical money. Don't be "too good" for anything, you're not in a field where you can afford to be.
>>
>>71904405
Thank you anon, Im a "pianist" but my goal is composition. I transfered uni in 2nd year and also due to social autism idk a lot of ppl . How do you go about meeting friends and end up playing music together? From all my years i have never "seriously" worked a piece of music with others nor often jam with ppl. I always see a few guys going at it in a room and always wished i could have friends like that, where do you start anon?
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.