[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

At what age did you grow out of Gorillaz?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

I was personally never into them but I can see why middle schoolers would be drawn to them.
>>
this post is fundamentally retarded
>>
I remember loving Feel Good Inc as a middle schooler but I grew up fast and realized how embarrassing they were
>>
>>71902620
elaborate? you know it's just Damon Albarn right? he's both prolific and highly creative in my opinion
>>
>>71902549
Anything involving cartoons and semi decent music is for children. Gotcha.
You realize you're on 4chan, right?
>>
File: NoodlePhase3.jpg (50KB, 342x720px) Image search: [Google]
NoodlePhase3.jpg
50KB, 342x720px
>>71902549
even when i was in middle school i never understood the appeal of their music
noodle, on the other hand...
>>
>>71902549

you forgot to add "desu desu" at the end of your post and to tell us how grimes is the GOAT waifu xD
>>
>>71903355
The appeal is making a band from the ground up without having celebrities taking all the credit for just being celebrities. And mixing genres to create different sounds nearly every song. That's why I like them. Don't see why /mu/ has such a problem with them. They've made some pretty great stuff in the past especially. Saying that something's only for a certain age group is really kind of stupidl.
Radiohead and Pink Floyd for example, are very successful bands that I know for a fact have tons of teenagers listening to them. So what's the differences?
It's just another band that makes music in unique ways.
Also don't think high schoolers these days care about stuff like them really. That was more of an early 2000s thing, cause I was in highschool when Demon Days came out. They care about shit like Xxxtentacion and Drake n stuff mainly.
>>
Ratatat perfected alternative hip hop
>>
>>71903600
I can appreciate that sentiment. I just never thought their material was that strong. Lots of basic experimentation with so so results. Just decent pop music in the end. Nothing mind blowing imo.
>>
>>71902549
Still haven't, they are fucking excellent.
>>
>>71904796
Decent pop music is all I really expect from them anymore.
>>
when plastic beach came out and i realized they've become a parody of themselves, both musically and in-universe thematically.
then fall really sealed the deal
>>
>>71902549
Never because nu-/mu/ is full of contrarians that will dislike something just because someone else likes it.
No one manages to mixes so many genres and styles and make them work like Albarn but nu /mu/ would rather be in their grimes or kpop general
>>
>>71905728
you starting browsing here in 2015 btw
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.