[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Every hobo-tier band has a political stance now

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

File: deoeoe.jpg (99KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
deoeoe.jpg
99KB, 720x960px
>be a doom/drone/noise/postpostpostpostband
>spend 10 years making nihilistic remarks about how life is useless and meaningless and all that shtick
>suddenly be political because fags are suffering and shit

laughable
>>
File: hippy faggots.jpg (19KB, 143x201px) Image search: [Google]
hippy faggots.jpg
19KB, 143x201px
Really wish politics didn't have to invade all the music I like.
I honestly don't care if you're a bleeding heart, just keep that shit to yourself though.
>>
File: dm.png (614KB, 724x628px) Image search: [Google]
dm.png
614KB, 724x628px
>first sentence

really?
>>
>Being such a hyperplen you can't seperate the art from the artist
>>
i can understand a facebook rant or angry tweet, but unless you're an overtly political act in the first place, selling merch with your position on it just reeks of insecurity
>>
>>71902394
>Really wish politics didn't have to invade all the music I like.
All art is political, you can't just remove politics from music
>>
>>71902303
>>be a doom/drone/noise/postpostpostpostband
>>spend 10 years making nihilistic remarks about how life is useless and meaningless and all that shtick
>>suddenly be political because fags are suffering and shit
after that haxan cloak release they got some fans.
gotta pay the bills mah nigga
>>
>>71903134
>All art is political, you can't just remove politics from music
not true btw
>>
>>71902303
>WAAH EBRYONE LEEV MUH TROMP ALOEN
>>
>>71903189
to be apolitical is a political stance.
>>
>>71903189
There are politics to everything people are involved in, anon. Art especially so.
All art makes assumptions and assertions that can be dissected and analyzed whether the artist intended them or not. Everything people create reflects how they see the world and how they relate to it which all go back to their politics.
And politics goes beyond governing policies into basic interactions between people.
>>
>>71903238
Then everything's a political stance. There's no point in their being the word "political stance" if it can be applied to anything, just like the word "art".
>>
>>71903284
so this is a political post?
>>
>>71903284
>And politics goes beyond governing policies into basic interactions between people
Why call those basic interactions political? Some might be loosely informed by some political ideology, but when a guy says "hey, how's your pancreatic cancer going?" in what way is that even remotely political? There's got to be some rough line drawn or else words stop meaning things
>>
>>71903297
Anything you do can be seen as a political stance yes, doesn't mean it is most of the time. Eating a bacon sandwich isn't a political act unless it is in Saudi Arabia.
>>
File: thinking-face.png (53KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
thinking-face.png
53KB, 256x256px
>>71903495
Then by that logic being non-political with your music wouldn't be considered a "political stance" since music is not defined as something that always has a political stance and therefor is not rebelling against any political regime.
Unless you assumed all music haa political stance, in which case purposely non-political music would be a "political stance", and the assumption that all music is political would be fulfilled.
>>
>>71903307
Arguably yes.
If you want me to unpack it like the pseudo-intellectual art student I am I could.
>>71903379
I'd say it's because it reflects your beliefs on how interactions should take place. Since the guy is asking about the other person's cancer he's saying that at least some thought should go into the well-being of others.
>>71903495
If you want to get autistic about it, it is.
You are endorsing whatever brand produced the sandwich, or any of it's ingredients, and its practices with your money that you used to purchase it.
>>
>>71903238
IF YOU CHOOSE NOT TO DECIDE YOU STILL HAVE MADE A CHOICE
>>
>>71903648
You are thinking in simple absolutes: either it is political or it isn't. The world is more complicated, with some people regarding your work as political and some not, regardless of whether you meant to be political.

Saying you don't care about politics usually means you like things currently the way they are politically. It is a political endorsement to be neutral.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.