[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you agree with me that Rivers is a music genius? How could

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

Do you agree with me that Rivers is a music genius? How could a single person to have such a huge talent?
>>
>>71890049
Unironically yes. He can write power pop like nobody's business and is an underrated guitar player. Too bad he's worried about dieing in obscurity
>>
ric ocasek is the true genius behind weezer
>>
>writes 2 decent albums and then album after album of complete garbage
>genius
Okay.
>>
>stratocaster

Kill yourselv idiot
>>
>>71890114
ya ur salty
>>
File: Out With The Old....jpg (531KB, 1237x1265px) Image search: [Google]
Out With The Old....jpg
531KB, 1237x1265px
Rivers Cuomo is arguably the first "numale". The popularity of Weezer in the 1990's told many that "it's cool to be a slacker and not adopt a strong work ethic." This inevitably led to the lumberjack look and patronage to Brianna Wu.

Weezer is everything that went wrong with rock.
>>
>>71890078
Absolutely this. The guy could have gone down as an Alternative Rock legend (he still will in a way) had he not been so concerned with crafting hit songs and staying relevant.

Listening to anything Weezer did in the 90s (demos, b-sides and all) as well as his Alone recordings that were recorded pre-Green Album shows how great of a songwriter he is.

Not that he's completely lost it, I think their last two albums prove that. And I personally something to enjoy in pretty much every Weezer album. But he sticks to the most simplistic of Power Pop (or sometimes straight up Pop) too often and his lyrics can often come across as insincere (especially since Pinkerton was one of the most open and sincere albums ever). Also the production on a lot of Weezer albums sucks the soul right out of the music.
>>
>>71890257
nu-males have been around since the 60s
>>
>>71890257
it was never cool to have a strong work ethic
>>
>>71890257
>equating nu-males to slackers
>implying nerds and slackers haven't been around forever

What the fuck are you talking about m8?
>>
>>71890394
t. nu-male
>>
>>71890257
Lots of bands have used the slacker thing to their advantage. I never thought of Weezer that way though. Everything I've heard about Rivers implies he is very much the opposite. The guy has probably written upwards of 1,000 songs and runs his band like a business.
>>
>>71890394
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0QbReXuCR6U
>>
>>71890049
How could such a huge talent make songs like Beverly Hills and Feels Like Summer?
>>
File: Yy1pazZ.jpg (89KB, 1073x899px) Image search: [Google]
Yy1pazZ.jpg
89KB, 1073x899px
>>71891707
>>
File: holdme.jpg (35KB, 470x554px) Image search: [Google]
holdme.jpg
35KB, 470x554px
>>71891884
kek
>>
File: sniiiiiiiiiiiiiif.png (554KB, 1086x748px) Image search: [Google]
sniiiiiiiiiiiiiif.png
554KB, 1086x748px
>>71890049
He is honestly one of my favorite humans.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.